Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
Still a little annoyed that I can't use this as a proper team without someone's unevolved starter butting in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapner
May 7, 2013

GO PLANET! Or Voltron or something.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Against my better judgment, I am trying this. In as lizardwizardsa.

Game ID: 6416-7862-9989

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I just got Squid out of a Friendship x5 chest. It evolves into this creepy poo poo:

Denzer
May 15, 2009
I don't have SA in my name because I didn't see this thread till now

ID: 8075-5912-3832

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Rapner posted:

So thats how you've been melting my Ahrimans(Ahrimen?). gently caress.

Sorry about that. Didn't realise I'd been beating on yours so much. I just see him and have this mad impulse to punch his face in. Will try to avoid beating up your Ahrimans so much in future. I guess the next Urgent boss will probably not be fire, so that would cut it down anyway. Water is my only monoteam worth anything so far.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
To the goons which it is relevant, I switched my leader to one which should help with Ahriman: a blue SR that makes all coins heal. She's essential to my strat for him, and also has a charge of 1 for lots of combos. Good luck!

Rapner
May 7, 2013

McDragon posted:

Sorry about that. Didn't realise I'd been beating on yours so much. I just see him and have this mad impulse to punch his face in. Will try to avoid beating up your Ahrimans so much in future. I guess the next Urgent boss will probably not be fire, so that would cut it down anyway. Water is my only monoteam worth anything so far.

Hey no it's cool. Go nuts on them. I still get my bonuses.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

People aren't just blowing 3 courage and killing them in a single attack?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

People aren't just blowing 3 courage and killing them in a single attack?

They level up as time goes on so level 10+ it becomes pretty difficult to kill them even with 3 courage. I have a good water team though and can kill him most of the time since I have one dude that heals like 80% of my life and an SR dude that nullifies all hits taken in the next 4 seconds or so. It still takes up most of the 10 minute limit to do that, I gotta drop 1 coin at a time and hope my attacks drop some hero coins. Oh and I just realized that the leader I've been using buffs celestials but isn't even a celestial herself for some reason. Hopefully at some point I'll be able to actually use all my good dudes but team cost goes up real slowly. At least you can get good stuff out of the friendship chest, I have 2 SRs already.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I think its better to drop coins faster, if you can mitigate the damage. When I first started, I played it slow. Now I try to drop as many coins as possible, usually in a line of four at a time per push cycle. Getting combos off is the key, and perhaps crits too, to get the enemies to hemorrhage coins. Once there is a lot of coins in play, I hit the speed pusher if I have it. The enemies just melt.

Against Ahriman its a bit more cautious. But against the normal missions this method works great. Try to drop as many coins as possible at the end of a wave.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
In normal missions I spend more time trying to keep the monster gems in the middle than organising any great strategy. I don't even bother using skills until the boss wave.

ellbent posted:

I thought so too but blue's skill has come in real handy against Ahriman over and over. I pop Ghost's skill, hammer the boss for heal coins, then use sacrifice right before I collect them. It drops way more change, definitely better than the regular 'drop a few coins.' Red's useful for the same reason; wait for the pusher to pull back, freeze it, drop coins and towers undisturbed, then unfreeze the pusher and watch the combo explode.

Next one I get I will keep.

Thankfully he uses the same skill as the shadow fairy, so no need to save any others.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006
Been having some fun with this, feel free to add me:

4485-1464-7432
SnackSA

Denzer
May 15, 2009
Can anyone confirm if the count left on monsters that are killed carries over in any way to the next battle?

Like what I mean is, lets say a monster has 12 left on the count and there is enough coins already dropping that if you do nothing it will eventually be killed, if you let that happen does leaving that 12 have any benefit for the next phase? Or should you drop 11 of those coins onto the pusher so they will be in the system and help with the next battle once it starts?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Denzer posted:

Can anyone confirm if the count left on monsters that are killed carries over in any way to the next battle?

Like what I mean is, lets say a monster has 12 left on the count and there is enough coins already dropping that if you do nothing it will eventually be killed, if you let that happen does leaving that 12 have any benefit for the next phase? Or should you drop 11 of those coins onto the pusher so they will be in the system and help with the next battle once it starts?

Why stop at 11? If you time it right the monster dies before it actually gets to attack. More coins = more victory, unilaterally.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
My friend code is 1253-9585-6256

In as Blumpkin SA

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Denzer posted:

It has been my experience that there is no carry over. If a monster dies at 15 coins you essentially forfeit 14 free coins to drop.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

As much as I love this game, I really wish it had some sort of trading feature. I managed to get a SR once, but now it feels bad to level it up near 20 since I know I'll probably never find another to evolve it. Unfortunately, they probably would never give us that as it would lessen the grind/push to pay real money.

At least he's super strong against today's shadow dragon!

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
You can still level a SR to 60. Evolution only gives a leader skill, and you can only have one leader on your team.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Yeah SRs have great stats and abilities. Not being able to make it a + really isn't a huge drawback.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

gromdul posted:

You can still level a SR to 60. Evolution only gives a leader skill, and you can only have one leader on your team.

True, I already have a decent leader too.

I just keep seeing his incredibly-cluttered silhouette, and I want to see his awesomeness.

While typing this I just realized I could look that up in the wiki :eng101:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
This SR+ looks rather broken.

http://wiki.dragon-coins.net/wiki/Typhon

Leader skill has all beasts start with skills ready. His skill, Divine Pusher, is a combination of turbo & power pusher.

e: Also I only have 624 gold now. :smith:

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Gold coins seem to be a big bottleneck. So it is very strange that it is not a purchasable currency. Seems like a missed opportunity for Sega to extort more :10bux: from whales.

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

gromdul posted:

Gold coins seem to be a big bottleneck. So it is very strange that it is not a purchasable currency. Seems like a missed opportunity for Sega to extort more :10bux: from whales.

Its just to obscure things further I think. In order to get more gold you need to grind missions for gems in order to sell monsters. OR you can buy rainbow coins and get monsters from the summons to sell. Plus if you're grinding cash you need stamina potions to keep playing.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Yeah, I totally need another PAD clone.

RadiationCowSA: 8625-0075-8208

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Largepotato posted:

This SR+ looks rather broken.

http://wiki.dragon-coins.net/wiki/Typhon

Leader skill has all beasts start with skills ready. His skill, Divine Pusher, is a combination of turbo & power pusher.

e: Also I only have 624 gold now. :smith:

Wonder if there is a minion version, or what beasts can bring up the left and right walls. Bring up both walls, drop coins after attack, divine push with combo expert. Wreck anything and everything in your way. The walls and coin drop are easy skills to farm too.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
The Dragon Road daily events provide amazing amounts of gold coins and experience points. Only one monster from the gems though.

I don't have the time to just play this for hours so I've only run out of stamina once. Doing this Dragon Road when I can, and I level up before running out of stamina, which refills it.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Tits McGee, you have the best leader.

I'm in the process of making new accounts to first friend myself twenty time to get Love Skeeter.

Skeet skeet skeet.

Did you know you can drop multiple coins at once by tapping the screen with multiple fingers simultaneously? Its also serving as an interesting test of what rares I am getting during the tutorial.

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 14:35 on May 16, 2014

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

gromdul posted:

He also has the best name. Definitely no SA needed during purges.

Speaking of which don't delete Kerblam cause that's me and I can't figure out how to go back and add SA :(

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
It states during account creation that you can never change your name. I wish I could too.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
This game is seriously addicting. I mastered all the paths in PAD to get huge combos every time and put every piece where I wanted on the board but I can't for the life of me predict where those coins are going to end up.

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.

gromdul posted:

I'm in the process of making new accounts to first friend myself twenty time to get Love Skeeter.

Thanks, guys! I feel bad that I didn't get the memo to put SA in my name before I made it, because I basically ignore everybody without SA in their name, aside from a select few I put in when I first joined.

Also, too many people with goddamn fire monsters as their leaders. Need more holy/wood ones!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

unprofessional posted:

Also, too many people with goddamn fire monsters as their leaders. Need more holy/wood ones!

Yes. Change your leaders you scrubs. <:mad:>

Speaking of which... How is it determined who is sent to friends? I assume its the leader of the main group. In my case(stasisSA) it should be R+ Light Simian King. If someone can confirm that'd be great.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

unprofessional posted:

Thanks, guys! I feel bad that I didn't get the memo to put SA in my name before I made it, because I basically ignore everybody without SA in their name, aside from a select few I put in when I first joined.

I agree on the fire monsters. Just purged a few people who I hope weren't goons because I see too many fire monsters.

My friend code is 775626338398 if you are looking for holy/wood, since I usually switch between those two types.

inkmoth fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 16, 2014

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
How does it decide who your leader is? Is it the leader of your main team or the leader of the last team used?

My Ahriman is now up to level 33 and the reward for defeating them still hasn't changed. :mad:

Try to finish them off with a full assault. Full assault will award 1000 points for defeating them while cautious will only award 200.

gromdul posted:

The Dragon Road daily events provide amazing amounts of gold coins and experience points. Only one monster from the gems though.

I don't have the time to just play this for hours so I've only run out of stamina once. Doing this Dragon Road when I can, and I level up before running out of stamina, which refills it.

Gave the Dragon Road a go and it's really worth doing if your team is strong enough.

The bonus prize for Hard is a level 10 U+ dragon.

The fountain of gold coins at the end is amusing.

Philosopher King posted:

This game is seriously addicting. I mastered all the paths in PAD to get huge combos every time and put every piece where I wanted on the board but I can't for the life of me predict where those coins are going to end up.

I generally drop coins on the 2 edges to try and keep the formation straight. If you drop too many in the centre the coins will push out in a pyramid shape and a lot of boxes & gems will be lost over the edges. Also this helps create a channel in the middle for gems to ride along.

Also the default target is the leftmost monster. When the left monster is about to die I drop on the right side, when the right monster is about to die I drop on the left side.

e:

Wanted the participation hero points on this one, but only had enough courage for a cautious strike so I lost on purpose. Cut it a touch close. :v:

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 16, 2014

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.

Largepotato posted:

The bonus prize for Hard is a level 10 U+ dragon.

It looks like starting with the lowest C that these drop, you can level these all the way up to SR+.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

unprofessional posted:

It looks like starting with the lowest C that these drop, you can level these all the way up to SR+.

Yeah, but that's a shitload of dragons to farm and evolve.

To evolve a U+ to Rare requires a second U+ of that element, as well as a U+ dragon of another element.

The SR dragons all look like they have great skills despite being 3 charge.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
Managed to evolve a couple of the spirit body parts. When I tried to see what the Spirit Heart+ evolved into, it required all the other evolved spirits. Did a little looking around and apparently that's how you get Ahriman! Feel a little dumb for not figuring that out sooner, considering how his limbs all have a different element around them.

Cripes, I'm not even sure I'd want to combine five monsters into one after going through all that drat trouble.

Edit: Actually, it looks like that only gets you Li'l Ahriman or Ahriman Jr. or whatever. What does he need to evolve, a duplicate? Cripes, that's twenty U+ monsters and something like 200,000 gold altogether, not counting fusion leveling.

ellbent fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 16, 2014

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

ellbent posted:

Managed to evolve a couple of the spirit body parts. When I tried to see what the Spirit Heart+ evolved into, it required all the other evolved spirits. Did a little looking around and apparently that's how you get Ahriman! Feel a little dumb for not figuring that out sooner, considering how his limbs all have a different element around them.

Cripes, I'm not even sure I'd want to combine five monsters into one after going through all that drat trouble.

Does that make Ahriman or Ravager?

Needing 2 of each evolved body part just to make Ahriman would be awesome. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
I started playing a while ago, still pretty low level though.

56546948510 - geektox

• Locked thread