Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Great White Hope posted:

Most of Wrestlemania 30 was trying desperately to salvage things after a long period of screwing up, so it should come as no surprise that with the pressure off WWE is back to doing 'eh whatever'.

Also since they had to rewrite their Wrestlemania plans it probably left any plans they had for immediately afterwards in a shambles.

To be sure this is typically a down period judging by the past few years- you have Extreme Rules which is usually not bad, then Over the Limit/Payback which who gives a poo poo, and then whatever the Hell June's PPV is which is also something nobody cares about. THEN hopefully things start happening at MitB and Summerslam. It's just worse than usual because they really hadn't planned for Bryan's title run, and now this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
June's PPV is Money in the Bank. After that is Battleground in July.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Psycho Mantits posted:

I realize this is from a page back, but if Wyatt was always destined to job, why even do the loving feud in the first place?

Because the entire point of building a top heel is to feed them to your top face. I won't argue the booking has been dumb in the matches themselves, but the point has always been to put cena over.

Speaking of which, that was the most pro-Cena crowd in quite a while, which makes it no coincidence that the crowd was loving awful all night.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cena-Wyatt is probably going to be an overbooked shitshow again so at this point, make it a blindfold match a) for maximum comedy and b) to sell it as forcing John Cena to face the darkness.

I just want to see one of those crapfests again.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Haha I only half paid attention to Raw last night, Cena really beat the Wyatt family again eh

Why would they even bother having another PPV match at this point? So silly.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

Cena-Wyatt is probably going to be an overbooked shitshow again so at this point, make it a blindfold match a) for maximum comedy and b) to sell it as forcing John Cena to face the darkness.

I just want to see one of those crapfests again.

Can it also be in an electrified cage?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Great White Hope posted:

Can it also be in an electrified cage?

yes but the TNA one

e: no, find a way to electrify a punjabi prison

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Want to turn a face heel real easy? Have a tournament for the WWEWHC, have some face win it (I dunno, Sheamus if he didn't just win the US title) and then they can run around being a face champ for a few months until Bryan gets back and then you've got a neat little feud where Bryan wins the title back and the other guy turns heel and it all works itself out nicely.

If I had to pick someone, I'd say Bo Dallas.

E;
Also hoping this means the return of Rusev's 2x4 thing. I demand a 2x4 with BIG E written on it next Monday.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

triplexpac posted:

Haha I only half paid attention to Raw last night, Cena really beat the Wyatt family again eh

Why would they even bother having another PPV match at this point? So silly.
It's the Ziggler feud all over again. Cena wins every single match except the gimmick match which doesn't require him being pinned, yet he still loses that match from interference from a person under 5 feet tall (voice-mod kid/AJ pushing the ladder).

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Air Julio posted:

Speaking of which, that was the most pro-Cena crowd in quite a while, which makes it no coincidence that the crowd was loving awful all night.

Bryan: Guys, I may need surgery...

Guy in Crowd: BOOOOOOOO!

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Great White Hope posted:

Most of Wrestlemania 30 was trying desperately to salvage things after a long period of screwing up, so it should come as no surprise that with the pressure off WWE is back to doing 'eh whatever'.

The RAW the night after WM was cool and exciting and seemed like an interesting new direction.

Now suddenly we have Bryan vs Kane #590, Evolution came back, Rob Van Dam came back, Adam Rose finally showed up and is stuck in a feud with Jack Swagger, the new Divas Champion is midcarding in favor of a spillover storyline from Total Divas etc etc.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

DeathChicken posted:

Bryan: Guys, I may need surgery...

Guy in Crowd: BOOOOOOOO!

As lovely as that guy was, it was nice when the crowd started YESing over him when he started yelling NO real loud.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Angular Landbury posted:

The RAW the night after WM was cool and exciting and seemed like an interesting new direction.

Now suddenly we have Bryan vs Kane #590, Evolution came back, Rob Van Dam came back, Adam Rose finally showed up and is stuck in a feud with Jack Swagger, the new Divas Champion is midcarding in favor of a spillover storyline from Total Divas etc etc.

Shield/Evolution continues to be fine and is the only really good thing going right now in terms of storylines IMO.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Air Julio posted:

My hometown is terrible. Remember Greenville is the place where Cena stripped Cole to his underwear, bathed him in JR's BBQ sauce, and sprayed him with a fire extinguisher.

Although last time they were here was when Punk did that first walkout after losing to taker at mania.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

God Of Paradise posted:

Looks more like Jackson from Grand Buffet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMj8u0OSvLA
Oh my god I just realized what this reminded me of

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

The Raw after WM featured a dumb as poo poo Cesaro heel turn less than 24 hours after a face turn, thus somewhat negating winning the biggest non-Bryan match of the biggest show of the year in a way that could very easily be the biggest moment of his WWE career, and a big helping of Evolution in everything but name.

Bryan is feuding with Kane because of said prior to WM30 gently caress-ups leading to there being no heels with any credibility to feud with while Cena needs somebody to feud with, as does The Shield.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh my god I just realized what this reminded me of

Well, that's something I haven't seen before...

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Everyone should watch Raw on DVR. It saves you a lot of time.

I hit the fast forward and the only thing I stopped it on was Lana, RVD (only to hit fast forward again when Adam came out), and Stephanie to see if she would strip Bryan.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Everyone should watch Raw on DVR. It saves you a lot of time.

I hit the fast forward and the only thing I stopped it on was Lana, RVD (only to hit fast forward again when Adam came out), and Stephanie to see if she would strip Bryan.

You don't even need the DVR. Tune in for the opening segment, the 9pm segment, and the end and that's everything you'd ever need to see on Raw most weeks. If there's a good match in the 9:30 spot or (this is rare) in the 10:00 spot you can go back and watch it, or they'll just redo it on Smackdown.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Angular Landbury posted:

Just out of curiosity, who do you think Rose should be feuding with if you're not happy with Jack? Because most of the other options are downgrades or in the process of building credibility so they can't be jobbing out to a new guy right now.

Also Paige wasn't midcarding compared to the total divas. She was in the first hour, which is always the best rated hour, along with Daniel Bryan and John Cena. The Total Divas angle is the one that's stuck in one of the worst timeslots on the show.

Try to adjust your natural perceptions of card position. 3 hour Raw is not a traditional booking environment.

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 13, 2014

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Great White Hope posted:

The Raw after WM featured a dumb as poo poo Cesaro heel turn less than 24 hours after a face turn, thus somewhat negating winning the biggest non-Bryan match of the biggest show of the year in a way that could very easily be the biggest moment of his WWE career, and a big helping of Evolution in everything but name.

Bryan is feuding with Kane because of said prior to WM30 gently caress-ups leading to there being no heels with any credibility to feud with while Cena needs somebody to feud with, as does The Shield.

There wasn't a Cesaro face turn. He beat up Swagger and that was it, unless you count him shaking hands with Big Show.

Kane also has no credibility, especially not against Bryan. Has he actually won a match in the last six months?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Perigryn posted:

Well, that's something I haven't seen before...
It's from the Venture Bros season 4 premiere

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

All I know about Adam Rose is he needs a bigger crowd. Him coming down a 90 foot ramp with his endless party of like eleven people is a bit underwhelming.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Angular Landbury posted:

There wasn't a Cesaro face turn. He beat up Swagger and that was it, unless you count him shaking hands with Big Show.

Kane also has no credibility, especially not against Bryan. Has he actually won a match in the last six months?

A face shaking a heel's hand, and not getting cheap shotted for it, generally signifies a face turn.

EDIT: Swagger also destroyed Cesaro's trophy, which is a heel move against a face. If they didn't want confusion, they should've had Cesaro break the trophy himself over Big Show's head when Show tried to shake his hand.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Angular Landbury posted:

Beating up your giant racist rear end in a top hat partner who attacked you for failing to win a match, and later that same night shaking hands in sportsmanlike manner with one of the company's top faces is, in your mind, in no way indicative of a face turn? What?

Also, Kane in the mask is not the same as Kane not in the mask, I don't get why this is so unfathomable to people.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

This is THEDEMONKANE, haven't you been listening

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Angular Landbury posted:

I can't say this enough-- if they had any guts/brains, they would be pushing Kane as "the guy that put CM Punk through a table so hard it ended his WWE career."

Also, what Sanguinia said.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Sanguinia posted:

Also, Kane in the mask is not the same as Kane not in the mask, I don't get why this is so unfathomable to people.

I didn't buy it when Gregory Helms did it, either.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I want to live in a world where I'm so deluded that I think a heel staving off an assault from another heel and giving him your finisher, followed by acting very face-ish the rest of the evening is not decisive evidence of becoming a babyface.

Edit: Also Kane has something resembling credibility because it's Kane, and 'being Kane' alone puts him well above every heel that isn't Bray Wyatt or in Evolution.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I want the WWE to go back to not paying attention to Cesaro because when they don't he just goes out there and has awesome matches. When they do pay attention to him, they give him loving yodeling and a botched heel-face-heel turn that just confuses everyone. Just let him keep being Cesaro and people will cheer more and more for him because he's awesome, don't try to force it so loving hard.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Great White Hope posted:

I want to live in a world where I'm so deluded that I think a heel staving off an assault from another heel and giving him your finisher, followed by acting very face-ish the rest of the evening is not decisive evidence of becoming a babyface.

Edit: Also Kane has something resembling credibility because it's Kane, and 'being Kane' alone puts him well above every heel that isn't Bray Wyatt or in Evolution.

I want to live in a world where i'm so deluded I think Kane has credibility, so maybe we can trade for a week?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Angular Landbury posted:

I didn't buy it when Gregory Helms did it, either.

While you have a fair point there, Hurricane was always booked as a deluded goof rather than an actual superhero. Kane on the other hand was always booked as an actual fire demon, even more than Undertaker was an actual zombie. I think there's room for a distinction between him and Helms.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

I want to live in a world where i'm so deluded I think Kane has credibility, so maybe we can trade for a week?

Alright then.

Who would you choose for Bryan to feud with then? You have to pick a heel, and you can't pick Bray Wyatt or a member of Evolution. Go.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

achillesforever6 posted:

It's from the Venture Bros season 4 premiere

He's playing off the "SASQUATCH IS SOMETHING I'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE!" line from his first appearance.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was thinking about it, and does anyone else think they may delay Shield dissension even further with Bryan out? I honestly believe The Shield as a unit might be the most universally over (other than Cena but Cena's constantly mixed) non-Bryan faces on the roster. That crowd sucked last night but went apeshit for the ending and were hot for the opening promo.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Sanguinia posted:

While you have a fair point there, Hurricane was always booked as a deluded goof rather than an actual superhero. Kane on the other hand was always booked as an actual fire demon, even more than Undertaker was an actual zombie. I think there's room for a distinction between him and Helms.

Kane was always booked as an actual fire demon.

Aside from when he was beatboxing.

Or yellng about his "Kaneanites" to Rock and Hulk Hogan

Or in Chef Boyardee commercials.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Angular Landbury posted:

Two out of this list of three things are non-kayfabe and he was still a fire demon. Hell, even when he was beatboxing he was still beating the poo poo out of the entire tag division with a chair.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Great White Hope posted:

Alright then.

Who would you choose for Bryan to feud with then? You have to pick a heel, and you can't pick Bray Wyatt or a member of Evolution. Go.

Sheamus would probably have been my first pick.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

Sheamus would probably have been my first pick.

Here's your reminder that people who complained about Orton/Cena being done to death in 2014, when Sheamus/Bryan was significantly more recent than any Orton/Cena feud, were livid at the idea of Sheamus/Bryan at WM30.

Plus, you know, Sheamus is a babyface, so way to pass that criteria too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Angular Lantire posted:

I think there's a line between "Hurricane is tired of losing so he quits pretending he's a Super Hero" and "Kane always has a horrific demon murder machine inside him no matter how much he changes or how goofy he seems, and when it comes out you should run."

Unlike Hurricane, Kane has never denounced his original concept, he simply moved away from it from time to time. I've never had a problem accepting it when he go's back to it because to me and I think most fans that's the "real" Kane and the rest is just waiting for him to show up.

• Locked thread