Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

So assuming I'm not doing one of the challenge variants, just a straight-up vanilla fiesta, how viable is the iOS version? It may lack some quality-of-life bugs but it's still possible to win, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

:toot: black mage for my first fiesta! Time to start nuking stuff and wearing hats.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Hooray, Black Mage for my first job and Summoner for my Water job! Nice and easy first fiesta.

quote:

Let it end in hellfire!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Prop Wash posted:

Hooray, Black Mage for my first job and Summoner for my Water job! Nice and easy first fiesta.

update: my hubris has netted me Geomancer. Although really since both !Black and !Summon have big ol' Magic stat transfers all my classes should actually be able to make fairly good use of this, right?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

So with regards to black mage/summoner/geomancer, how on earth am I supposed to beat Archeoavis's undead form? I've tried knifing him to death and I guess that might work in the long run but he's definitely winning the damage race, especially by constantly confusing my dudes.

edit: little bit of grinding solved my problem, with the constant nuking of enemies I didn't actually notice I was a little behind the level power curve

edit2: my reward was Samurai, making my final party:

Black Mage
Summoner
Geomancer
Samurai

:getin:

Prop Wash fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jun 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I'm not familiar enough with the damage formulas to say why, but Chocobo was doing 0 damage. That was from Summoners and Black Mages equipped with various flavors of Rods.

• Locked thread