Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Aquarium of Lies posted:

Anonymous Robot, you should stress in the OP that this is an alpha and has several known issues - including an incredibly low capacity which causes "failure to connect" errors during peak hours.

Hopefully it won't last too long but we haven't heard anything from Neople about it.

Good call. If anyone wants to do character class/subclass writeups, let me know. I might try to do them this weekend, but I might not get the time. It'd also be nice to have some video of the game that doesn't look terrible and have anime music layered over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So people were asking about KDNF pricing in this thread, so I figured I would look into it and post what I've found out. Before I start though:

THESE PRICES MAY OR MAY NOT BE WHAT WE ARE CHARGED IN OUR VERSION. PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND.

The pricing scheme is set up a bit weird. You can buy tradeable versions of the avatars, or untradeable (this includes sundering them for emblems), which are usually ~60% cheaper. Cera is their point system that you spend real life money on.

A full set of advanced avatars (there are no standard avatars in kdnf) will run you ~41,700 Cera, which is equal to $41.70 USD. However if you don't mind not being able to trade them, then a full set is only ~16,600 Cera, or $16.60.

Packages are generally cheaper and come with neat things along with the avatars. They vary (sometimes wildly) in price, but there is usually a tradeable version and untradeable version of the package. The untradeable version comes with all of the stuff the normal packages do, but at a slightly reduced price. An example would be the Lunar New Year package, which cost 34,800 Cera ($34.80) for the tradeable version, or 29,800 for the untradeable version (which is identical to the tradeable version...except you cant trade anything in them or sunder the avatars).

Sounds like a bad deal, right? Well these packages generally come with a lot of good stuff. In the case of the package I mentioned above, it also comes with a title, pet, pet food, emblem socket generator, something to upgrade your pet with, a rename card for your pet, 15 day master contract package (which includes all of the contracts in kdnf), and 20 transcendence stones (which allow you to move unsealed pinks and stuff to other characters in your account).

Package deals are a very good value. Pets alone usually cost anywhere from $6 to $10. One other small thing that we probably won't see, is the ability to convert fixed amounts of Cera into "Cera gift cards". So you can buy a gift card, and then sell the gift card to other players for gold or whatever else your heart desires. So in reality, if you don't want to, or don't have the money, you can get your cash shop fix just by playing the game and spending your gold. There is no markup on the prices, obviously.

Oh and just for emphasis:

THESE PRICES MAY OR MAY NOT BE WHAT WE ARE CHARGED IN OUR VERSION. PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND.

There is your view into the world of Korea's DNF/DFO cash shop.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 06:39 on May 16, 2014

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
DFO is alive? Almost makes up for all the horrible things that happened this week! Gonna recreate my old Monk Doinkdoink and reintroduce some goblins to LAW AND ORDER.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
So cash shop is essentially the same in that regard, just replacing temporary avatars with un-tradable ones, and possibly no more game cards to sell.

I'm more interested to know what you can buy in the "Neo-DFO" cash shop as opposed to the one we had, like I'm pretty sure they have reinforcement protection tickets or some poo poo. Also do they have "gatchapon"?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TheMopeSquad posted:

So cash shop is essentially the same in that regard, just replacing temporary avatars with un-tradable ones, and possibly no more game cards to sell.

I'm more interested to know what you can buy in the "Neo-DFO" cash shop as opposed to the one we had, like I'm pretty sure they have reinforcement protection tickets or some poo poo. Also do they have "gatchapon"?

No one knows yet, as the cash shop isn't active. Also the reinforcement protection tickets were an event thing that managed to destroy KDNF's economy.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

No one knows yet, as the cash shop isn't active.

I just assumed that the new cash shop would be like the korean cash shop, so I guess what I'm asking is what is in the korean cash shop.

edit: nevermind I'll just read about it here

TheMopeSquad fucked around with this message at 07:49 on May 16, 2014

Dunk Bot 3000
Mar 19, 2009
Sent guild request as MuscleWizard, can't wait to monk it up all over again.

this troper
Apr 4, 2011

:o
I stopped playing this game before the Avenger was added and never had a chance to try it. What's it like compared to the other Priest subclasses?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

JFYI, the game is about to go down for maintenance. Apparently Neople is adding more channels and trying to deal with some of the connectivity issues and maybe some other minor things? It's on the facebook page.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
It would be great if they fixed the Bonus Cards / equipment drops.

Sheriff Lowbrow
Mar 10, 2005

Yeah really wish I knew what they are planning with the no item drops. I just stumbled on a random hell mode, beat it, and got nothing.

Mazzletoff
Dec 17, 2012

wake me up
before you jojo
I applied to the guild under the beautiful name of "Strega". I'm pretty excited to play with goons on my super dumb Asura - I played a BM last time, so its a new experience.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Mazzletoff posted:

I applied to the guild under the beautiful name of "Strega". I'm pretty excited to play with goons on my super dumb Asura - I played a BM last time, so its a new experience.

Asuras are really fun but like most classes that fun starts after level 25.

My Elemental Bomber has really high MP regen but I basically just spam basic attacks to beat every dungeon on King's difficulty. If anyone needs low level MP pots just leave your game name and I'll mail you some.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Sheriff Lowbrow posted:

Yeah really wish I knew what they are planning with the no item drops. I just stumbled on a random hell mode, beat it, and got nothing.

According to the Facebook page, fixing the equipment drops issue is what's prolonging maintenance. It's nice to have communication from this lot, even my brief brush with Nexon NA was pretty woeful.

Edit: It's up and I applied to the guild as Aleph.

Luceid fucked around with this message at 11:51 on May 16, 2014

Xii
Dec 27, 2011

Only the coldest prevail.

LibbyM posted:

Game is so far a really good failing to connect simulation.

VV Yah. In a weird way it is a good sign right? I'm not angry, not like I payed money or anything. Just hope I'm lucky enough to play some soon.

Try other servers, dont only try the beginner server, try any of them.
You should be able to connect that way.

EDIT: Woops seems like they are all down.

Seems like they are trying to talk to the playerbase though, vast improvement on Nexon.

Xii fucked around with this message at 12:20 on May 16, 2014

Malseth
Aug 18, 2008
Fun Shoe
I'm glad this game is back, applied as Malseth.

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!

DarkstarIV posted:

So people were asking about KDNF pricing in this thread, so I figured I would look into it and post what I've found out. Before I start though:

~snip~

Thanks for the info Dark. Seems likely at that rate that prices would be similar to Nexon's for packages, though we may get the optional cheaper packages which would be nice. Just speculation and all, but I don't see why it would be drastically different.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

The servers are up, tons of new channels added, magic sealeds are dropping and the item drops are fixed :sun:

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

At this point I can occasionally make it to character select and have successfully made a character, but then none of the buttons do anything and I can't Start Game :V

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.facebook.com/dfoglobal/posts/494929997301117

Neople statement

quote:

The servers are now UP!
We were busy doing the following:
- Equipment/Item drop issue is now fixed
- More channels are added (bring your friends along – the more the better!)
The client is updated so there will be additional downloads necessary before you go back in the game.
Now let's party during the weekend:
- Golden Goblin Event: hunt Golden Goblin for equipment pots!
- Burning Blitz Point Event: spend your Blitz Point to get extra bonus for your character!
Also, here is an honest story from us: as this is an Alpha Test we originally did not plan any maintenance, but looking at the massive support the community has shown us, we could not go without fixing few things here and there. As it still is a test, we have a limited number of people working on this project at the moment, but we are doing whatever we can to make this test a pleasant experience for those of you supporting us.
THANK YOU for playing

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Neople :3:

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Also, try IE if you are having connection problems. For some reason I get 00007 when launching in chrome, and IE works fine.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

This is such a weird-rear end loving install process. Is it possible to go back and un-attach the plugin from certain browsers?

Xii
Dec 27, 2011

mightygerm posted:

The servers are up, tons of new channels added, magic sealeds are dropping and the item drops are fixed :sun:

Let the grind commence. :v:

kontona
May 3, 2003

i think neople has been more direct and upfront in a few days about the game than nexon na was the entire time they ran dfo.

also, it's good to see a lot of the old names in this thread.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!
Applying to guild as Zedmel.

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009
Applying to the guild as well as Alteia. Never got to play this but it seems interesting so far, will definitely have to keep playing.

Xii
Dec 27, 2011

Am I the only one who is unable to connect despite the servers being up?

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

Man I love this game, but I am so sick of playing through Grand Flores and being low level without all the cool skills :(

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Did they confirm if characters are being deleted after alpha?

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!
So after making a new character, it asks me for a referral name if I have one. Should I be getting one from someone in the thread/guild because they'll get a bonus?

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Did they confirm if characters are being deleted after alpha?

They haven't said anything about it, but Seria is selling cash shop items for gold and they're calling it an Alpha so they're definitely gonna do a wipe.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Sent a guild request as whitewoman

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

Zelmel posted:

So after making a new character, it asks me for a referral name if I have one. Should I be getting one from someone in the thread/guild because they'll get a bonus?

It's not working right now.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
Can you still only do a certain amount of dungeons per day? I kinda hated that feature...

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

loving hell, DFO. Neople could just take a juicy dump on the game code every day and it would probably still turn out better than how Nexon ran it.

I don't think I actually remember how to play a battle mage, but I'm going to play anyway :v:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Dr. Carwash posted:

Can you still only do a certain amount of dungeons per day? I kinda hated that feature...

You have 450 Blitz Points to spend per day. That's 450 rooms. After that you can still run dungeons, but you won't get gold or items.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

You have 450 Blitz Points to spend per day. That's 450 rooms. After that you can still run dungeons, but you won't get gold or items.

You do get bonus XP instead, though.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Applied to join the guild as Sispa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SCOTLAND
Feb 26, 2004
Anyone have a working server currently?

• Locked thread