Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

poptart_fairy posted:

Would be nice we had a game where said Jackbooted Thug can be loyal to his original employer, though. Goddammit I joined up with this corporation to prove I'm better than other people and make a shitload of money. I don't wanna be ethical. :smith:

That's what the amazing multiplayer is for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Who decided a camera being an in-world object inasmuch as it can't move through walls is a good thing? Has it ever provided a view that isn't "your head" or "your shoulder"?

Probably because clipping through walls looks awful and calls early PS1/N64 games to mind

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm pretty sure both Hoopz Barkley SaGa games were Kickstarted.

The first one came out before kickstarter existed and the second, while kickstarted, is still forthcoming.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

2house2fly posted:

I got the game free off Xbox Live so I bought some DLC purely because I liked it so much. It was all pretty crappy and I'd have been unhappy with it if I'd paid for the main game. There's a post-ending DLC which has an equally terrible ending, and that annoyed me because you'd think they'd be glad to get a second chance to go out strong. I love Sleeping Dogs a lot but it does feel like a lot of the later story stuff was half-done.

There's a ton of stuff in Sleeping Dogs that make it obvious that they had to scale back late in development. All the relationships, the last third of the story, the radio being glitchy as hell, most of the side missions, floating poo poo in side areas, the list goes on. It's a good thing the game is fun and interesting enough to make up for it but I really wish that they had been able to spend more time polishing the game before release.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

My Lovely Horse posted:

It really bothers me that after the 3D modelled beards in Saints Row 2, the ones in 3 and 4 all look like they're painted on. Impossible to make a wizard this way.

Good beards in character customizers seem to be getting rarer, so many games opt for a lovely texture job that looks like the character rubbed some charcoal on their chin.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
feed your gun plenty of gun food to keep it healthy

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Hearing about SMT from the outside makes it sound absolutely inscrutable.

Yeah it owns

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Captain Hygiene posted:

Yeah, I've said before that it feels sorta like it was grafted in from a more focused Batmobile game where it would've been more central and less disruptive. I also don't even like its basic driving because Gotham's streets are so winding and restrictive, I'd choose to get around by grappling and gliding any time.

one of those open world racing games but in gotham city and it turns out that the batmobile has a secret identity, Manmobile, that fights crime while Bruce Wayne is away from the batcave during the day

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Duke Nukem has a shirt that says "this is what a feminist looks like" but he rips it off and plays with his nipple rings and strippers dance around him.

Duke is back and now they're non-binary and are living their best life on onlyfans

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Necrothatcher posted:

loving yikes policenauts

Those homosexuals, always smiling

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Bussamove posted:

God of War 2018 is too much of a sad dad game. Why can’t the series go back to its roots of being a mad dad game?

Kratos was a bachelor back then

E: well widower actually lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SkeletonHero posted:

Dragon’s Crown. Most enemies can and will chain knock you on your rear end and, if you’re a melee class, knock your weapon out of your hands in the process. Bosses also do this but usually in the form of a long and annoying grab attack. You also stun incredibly easy. Theoretically this can all be avoided but lol at parsing anything happening on screen when a combined 800 lbs of tits and rear end are sharing the screen with three dozen identical enemies.

It's just being accurate to the DnD arcade games