Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Verr posted:

War Thunder is also being brought down by most tanks being unable to get up to speed to do sweet ramps. Also a lack of sweet ramps.

T-50 Kyiv Drifting :whatup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

no you see my ideas for how a game should control are objectively correct because

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Oldstench posted:

The narrator in Transistor annoys the poo poo out of me. Actually, just about everything in that game annoys me. I really don't like Transistor.

have you considered committing suicide

Oxxidation posted:

Transistor was one of the greatest games of last year and you are all going to Philistine Hell where the only movies are the Transformers trilogy and there's nothing to read but self-help books.

:agreed:

BBJoey has a new favorite as of 06:18 on Feb 13, 2015

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Tiggum posted:

All I'm saying is that if you want to complete the main plot, and part of the main plot is "the protagonist joins the college" then you'll have to join the college, because that's part of the main plot, which you want to finish.
Do you not comprehend that some people dislike this part of the main plot and hence have brought it up in this, the thread where you post about aspects of a game you dislike?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Stuntman posted:

You guys seem very mad at someone who's making perfectly reasonable posts that don't insult anyone.
this is a bad post.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

DStecks posted:

Skyrim is the exact kind of game that shouldn't be afraid to lock out significant amounts of content, since there's so much of it, and much of it is... I don't want to say shallow... let's call it developmentally cheap. How many Skyrim quests are a bit of introductory voice acting, a dungeon, then some closing voice acting?

There are some quests that are given via book and have no VA at all, and that's not even counting the misc quests.

Skyrim is just horrifically bland; do literally any one quest and you've basically experienced all the game has to offer. The only reason to keep playing is if you want to do the same thing over and over with different but still mind-numbingly dull justifications.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Tiggum posted:

This could describe the vast majority of video games.

Except at least the vast majority of games actually put some effort into their gameplay. Skyrim is one of the worst games, mechanics-wise, I've played in years. Bethesda decided to go for a vast world over tight gameplay, but forgot to make the vast world actually interesting in any way.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Tim Schafer hasn't made anything worthwhile ever

you're a loving awful troll, you keep saying things that are agreeable and correct

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

the nazis were bad guys? O_O didn't see that one coming, what the gently caress game?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

DStecks posted:

The only one that comes to mind would be Mass Effect, because lawful good -> chaotic good was that game's karma meter.
Except when it reverted to good guy/bad guy which was half of the time but at least they made a token effort, unlike in 2 and 3 where the renegade paths tend to require you to be Space Hitler.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Lord Lambeth posted:

I think some people playing Witcher 3 have taking to attacking rocks or something. I haven't had trouble with the repair mechanic and I'm playing on the second hardest difficulty.

well the main thing is it's utterly pointless. it serves zero purpose except as a mechanism to say 'whoa there pal, stop having fun and spend two minutes going to the nearest blacksmith'. the game could only be improved if there was no durability, something which has been established in literally every game with a durability mechanic.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

The Witcher 3's crafting system is definitely bad because it just completely overwhelms you with way too much stuff that can be made but at the beginning of the game you have no reason to do so.

if you ignore/minimise the crafting materials tab things are a lot more manageable. the game does no favours by having every tab open by default though.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Hunky Joe posted:

Only thing bringing down the Witcher 3 for me is that I can't buy Gwent booster packs in a nerd store filled with sweaty overweight guys playing Warhammer.

Immersion ruined.

:agreed: Witcher 3 is actually a collectible card game with an open world RPG stapled on to it

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Croccers posted:

What bugs me about the combat is that striking someone doesn't cancel their animation,
And you can't apply oil in combat.
both of these are wrong. for the former you have to do a sufficient amount of damage relative to the enemy's health, if you're only grazing them you won't interrupt their animation. for the latter I have no idea what gave you that impression because you can definitely apply oils mid-combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Danger Mahoney posted:

How come the best looking armor in Witcher 3 is your terrible starting outfit? All the Witcher gear later looks like it was made in a group home. It makes it really hard to play dolly dress-up, which is the only good reason to play games if you think about it.

lol at this bad opinion. the best armour is clearly basic feline :wiggle:

mind the walrus posted:

Not caring is the only real sincerity anyway.

:agreed: