Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

Celery Face posted:

Ever since someone mentioned that all of his voices sound the same, I can't unhear it. He's just got this weird gravelly thing in his voice that totally gives him away. But the main problem is that he's just in so many goddamn video games. I can think of a few voice actors who don't have much range (Cam Clarke, Barry Dennen, etc.) but at least they're not in every video game ever (they're still awesome though).

I was playing Dawn of War 2 - Chaos Rising the other day and there was a scene with Steve Blum talking to Steve Blum. I believe they might have been having a conversation about another character voiced by Steve Blum. I am being entirely serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I didn't like Fallout New Vegas because the character I was playing was a loving father searching for his son, but the game didn't allow me to ever mention my son as the reason I am wandering the Mojave. Really dropped the ball on that one, Obsidian.

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Morpheus posted:

A fair point, but the way you phrase it makes it sound like you expect this small studio (that was teetering on bankruptcy) to be better at animation than a much larger, better funded one?

I just wish the main character didn't seem so stoned, and down on herself. I guess it's a character trait but almost everything you do ends up with her putting herself down and it's like, jesus christ you have time powers you are literally the most special snowflake in the world and all you do is second guess yourself and think you're poo poo.

How would you feel about yourself if despite having control over the flow of time you could never catch an item falling off of a shelf?

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

Grimey Drawer

moosecow333 posted:

I’ve been really enjoying Dredge but the thing that drags it down a bit for me is the game tracks how many days have passed. I don’t think it actually does anything, but knowing it’s tracked makes me feel like I’m racing against something and now I can’t completely relax.

The dudes in colored robes that ask you to feed them fish die if you don't complete the quest within a certain number of days after starting it. The timer doesn't start until you actually speak to them, though. I think them dying still counts as the quest being complete, you just don't get the reward (a different book for each one)