Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AMReese posted:

I don't think they'd consider The Mountain honorable at all. Of course they'd be upset.

...and that settles it.

There's no way that Tyrion wins the trial by combat twice in a book by GRRM. I'm pretty convinced the mountain is going to split Oberyn in twain and that Tyrion is toast shortly thereafter. Why else have a send off for Bronn? I had no idea Bronn was leaving for good until this thread today but how things are working out and how GRRM is, I now totally believe that Tyrion is a goner. He is giving us hope and he's going to dash it either next week or by the end of the season.

And that loving sucks because there's nobody left to root for once he's gone. He's the only protagonist unless you count John Snuh or the dragons. No I don't mean Khaleesi. HBO is going to have a hell of a time running a campaign next offseason if Peter Dinklage is gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Drifter posted:

He said left to root for, as in he probably doesn't enjoy watching the stories of the other people as much.

Sorry for the confusion, I work for the same studio as HBO, I meant in an advertising sense. I'll watch this show until it's nobody left but Hot Pie cooking in a kitchen talking about subpar cooks and slowly turning into Gordon Ramsay Bolton of medieval kitchens.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Zwabu posted:

On tonight's episode of Hot Pie's Inn, Hot Pie will team up with special guest Sansa Stark to show how to make your next Purple Wedding a memorable occasion with lemoncakes, pigeon pie, and Hot Pie's signature Wolfbread. Be sure to tune in for this special episode, and don't forget the words of the Hot Pie Inn, "Never Give Up On The Gravy!"

Tonight we're going to be making a stunning wedding pigeon pie...

"RAW RAW RAW!!

SHUT IT DOWN"

kiimo fucked around with this message at 03:50 on May 20, 2014

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Tyrion would be much happier in Dorne I think. I'm not sure Dany is really Tyrion's scene. He can hang out with Cersei's daughter and turn her against her mother.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

precision posted:

Yes, that's why he should stop doing it unless it's absolutely crucial to the plot. Like I said earlier, killing off Oberyn would just be a complete dick move, we're due for some new blood in the cast, especially since Jojen and Meera are incredibly boring now that Meera doesn't get to fight over who's the better babysitter for Bran.

That made me think, has that dude that lusted for Meera to get raped that I gave a custom title to still post? I have had avatars off since the Joffrey spoil.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

precision posted:

He looks like a member of Bear Force One.

Well bears are pretty vicious...

Nevermind.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Timett posted:

I thought Gregor1 was stiff and weird looking but I kinda like this new guy. I bet when you put him in his armor he'll look better to most of you guys who aren't feeling him yet. I also think maybe we saw that picture of him and Lena Headey too much so when we see him we subconsciously think of him as a friendly giant.

I have this feeling that they thought his immense size would go a long way but to be honest that's harder to recognize on television. They didn't need a guy who is 7 feet tall, being like 6'5 and evil as gently caress would have been just fine for television.

I'm still on the fence though. One thing is for sure however, he's far better than that season 2 pussy.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

agarjogger posted:

Wait, so per Melissandre's scene browsing her bullshit-potions, how fake is magic? There was nothing fake about the smoke demon who got Renly, I suppose. And Beric definitely took a broadsword to the shoulder. If not for the existence of the Wall, I'd forget that magic was ever a big deal in Westeros.

I'd bet her drinking the poison was a parlor trick.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I miss Tywin / Arya so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

For once I watched the preview and I'm concerned now that Sansa will do a Stupid Thing again and rat on Littlefinger and the unsubstantiated hatred of her becomes a little more substantiated.

• Locked thread