Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

General Morden posted:

Are Great Tree Alneu and Loch Ness any good?

I got them from Rare Summons.

Both just got six star evolutions, so congratulations. Also you have a good healer now. Loch Ness's final evolution Felneus is what goons have been happy about having for a friend, so everyone wants to be your friend now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Tree is one of the premiere single-shot healers right now.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Rare Summon description: SUMMON_PROMO_RARE_VISHRA_BATCH_2_DESC

Hey, why not?

:black101: :getin: :black101:

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

General Morden posted:

They are both excellent. Tree is one of the best healers and Loch Ness is one of the best leaders when he gets to 6 stars.

Like having them both is going to make your life a million times easier.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
Also has the Goon spreadsheet been updated yet?

Last time I checked, people I've added a week ago still haven't added me back...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
^^^ Some one the list don't play anymore. We need a new sheet just so we can get rid of the inactives.

General Morden posted:

Loch Ness turns in to Felneus, the unit we're all worshipping right now. The tree's a pretty great healer too. If the tree's a guardian type and the Loch is anima then those are jackpot pulls imo.

e: I can clear lvl 3 Fennia in 4 rounds. I think she's done her AOE BB once to me in 4 or 5 runs. Edea/Edea/Dilma/Bayley/Lancia(/Buddy Lance) destroy her. Bayley in her 4* form poisons the boss frequently, and the poison's an extra 14000 damage per tic. :getin:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Does anything have an increased summon rate right now?

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

delfin posted:

Rare Summon description: SUMMON_PROMO_RARE_VISHRA_BATCH_2_DESC

Hey, why not?

:black101: :getin: :black101:

Saw the same thing, got a Cyborg Lilith :black101:

edit: did it again and got a 2nd Lilith. seems like it's bugged maybe?

editedit: whats with all these single target bb users anyway? Feels like my best units are all single target and I always just toss them aside for whatever high-hit multi-target bb unit that comes along.

Setset fucked around with this message at 05:34 on May 19, 2014

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Saw the same thing and got 4* Edea and not one but TWO of the dark 4*mechs I don't remember the name of. At least I finally have a decent earth summon. As for the two mechs, I dunno.

Right now I'm reinstalling the app as the battle effects will not turn back on no matter what.

Edit: Hooray, it fixed it!

Lava Lamp Goddess fucked around with this message at 05:56 on May 19, 2014

Lorelicious
Feb 11, 2010

This is what happens when you have 55 gems and kinda sorta want that new dark unit that just came out.

I welcome Loch #3, Dilma #3 and 4, and Zelban #4 and 5 to my collection, and I'm kinda glad to get Reeze and Lodin (who I wish I had weeks ago).

i shouldnt have pulled

E:Ran FH with 5* LVL44 Lilith, she absolutely wrecked face. I didn't beat my score by a long shot, but her ST BB is amazing.

Lorelicious fucked around with this message at 07:29 on May 19, 2014

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Leore and lancia :suicide:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Lancia is a good healer with a pretty nice buff. Leore isn't that special admittedly though, other than being a substitute rainbow leader.

Lorelicious
Feb 11, 2010

quote:

* Leore (6*)
Leader Skill: Increases def and atk of all units by 25%
BB: Multiple target, 12-hit combo that has a chance of causing weakness
SBB: Multiple target, 14-hit combo that has a chance of inflicting weakness. Restores HP of all earth units
Stats at 6* (Lord): 5804/1650/1450/1716
Hit Count: 8

He isn't that bad in the future.

VV I've pulled drunk before, it ended with Lichs and Thunderbirds. Don't do it man.

Lorelicious fucked around with this message at 10:01 on May 19, 2014

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Allarion posted:

Lancia is a good healer with a pretty nice buff. Leore isn't that special admittedly though, other than being a substitute rainbow leader.

Lancia is my fourth healer and obviously not that bad.

I wanted one of the new rainbow leaders.

I've got like 9 hours of layovers over the next 30 hours so god knows how many gems I'll drunk/boredom buy.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

800k is proving challenging in the latest FH. I can get up to 719k but the last 80k is proving challenging. Guess I need to up my Felneus BB/SBB level.

Maka
Mar 18, 2001

Finally got a Medulla after countless attempts :shobon: Now if I can just somehow land a spot in the ~10k range before FH ends that'd be nice. Seems only possible with a Felneus SBB friend.

Felneus is now my leader the majority of the time, so if anyone wants to add me feel free. No SBB and not maxed yet but working on it!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
With the talk of Lilith being a face wrecker I was wondering if I should try to get one of my 3 (probably the anima) to max level and evolve it ASAP for FH if I can get the materials in time. Possible subs for rainbow team include:

Dean, Karl, Elimo, Serin
Cayena, Lancia
Eze, Falma (both 5*)
Edea, Bayley, Dilma
Kikuri(4*)

Not sure how it'd work out though. My current FH team to try and get 650k is Dean, Karl, Serin, Cayena, Lancia(or a 2nd Cayena). Dean and Lancia are 5*, the rest are 4* and in the 45-60 range. Pretty sure the only way I'm going to get 650k is if the stars align AND I get to wave 5 with all my used, full BB/SBB, and 1-2 atk/def pots each so that I can AOE+heal non-stop for half a dozen rounds without someone getting one-rounded on my side. I can't even beat 6* vargas when he's solo on wave 4 though. :sigh:

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Maka posted:

Finally got a Medulla after countless attempts :shobon: Now if I can just somehow land a spot in the ~10k range before FH ends that'd be nice. Seems only possible with a Felneus SBB friend.

Felneus is now my leader the majority of the time, so if anyone wants to add me feel free. No SBB and not maxed yet but working on it!

I'm in the same boat - add me 273355354. Hope to have my Felneus SBB unlocked tonight but haven't had a chance to work on it yet.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!
Is there anything like the Godfests in Puzzle & Dragons here - meaning special events where rare summons have better chances to not be complete crap? If so, should I wait for those to spend my gems or just dump them into the slot machine anytime?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yep, the rare summon machine often gets loaded dice. I think there's such an event going on right now, in fact: check the in-game news (from the home screen, go to menu->news).

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

commish posted:

I'm in the same boat - add me 273355354. Hope to have my Felneus SBB unlocked tonight but haven't had a chance to work on it yet.

I used your code for the metal god thing, thanks! My code is 0523359550 if anyone would like to do the same with mine? Also add me as a friend, in game name is Aaaaargh

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Mannnnnnn...ran a metal parade this morning for my tree. Got 12 levels out of it (which is huge going from 87->99!) But now he's 30k exp short of max level, and I'm all out of energy. :(

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Alright, leveling a Cyborg Lilith. Would you guys recommend leveling the guardian or anima one? I'm leaning towards anima currently.

Bad Munki posted:

Yep, the rare summon machine often gets loaded dice. I think there's such an event going on right now, in fact: check the in-game news (from the home screen, go to menu->news).

Nothing outright mentions the new units (or any others) having an increased rate right now.

There is an increased rate on feed successes for xp though and runs until 23:59 on the 21st. I just need 2 water pots tomorrow and then Karl gets evolved. After that I think it'll be time to stone a parade in his honor :getin:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I'd say go Anima since it doesn't affect your ATK, and REC is still not that important.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!
Oh well, dumped the 5 coins to the machine anyway, event or no. Got some 4-star World Tree-thing that seems pretty nice, at least for now - just starting out, and a decent (I suppose?) healer doesn't hurt!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Tree is one of the best healers and recently got a 6* upgrade. You won. :)

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Evil Fluffy posted:

Alright, leveling a Cyborg Lilith. Would you guys recommend leveling the guardian or anima one? I'm leaning towards anima currently.

I have the same problem. I'm weird so I'm probably going with Guardian, but really we won't know which is best until her 6* comes out in Japan. Pros of Lilith is her BB does insane damage and fills up fast.

^Tree is great, with a felneus squad you can keep your units immune to status effects pretty easily.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It's arguably the best healer at the moment other than maybe Phoenix due to having a 6* evolution until Lancia and Elimu get their 6* evolutions anyways.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

Evil Fluffy posted:

Nothing outright mentions the new units (or any others) having an increased rate right now.

I just had to download some new data and the Honor Summon now says there's a bonus on Metal and Jewel Ghosts, Kings, and Gods, so it looks like it is indeed an event.

Edit: And yep, just did two pulls on the Honor Summon, got a Water and an Earth King.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Facebook says the new three have higher rates, so have atcha.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

This network key error thing is getting old. I am losing energy, time and drops because of it. Oh, just did a great FH run that took you 15 minutes? Welp, here's an error. Thx anyway.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Have any of you guys ever gotten a gem from the daily thing? I know it shows up but I've never gotten it and other people have complained that it is actually impossible to get them.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, I have, several.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
600 points short of the 45,000 mark on middle, even with the 6* loch ness SBB helper. :negative:

I don't know how people are getting these absurd scores any more and it's making me feel stupid. I don't know what I'm missing.

Lorelicious
Feb 11, 2010

delfin posted:

higher rates

I think I'll pull again, I feel lucky.

Vishra #2, Lava #3

Dilma #5 :suicide:

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

ViolentQuiche posted:

The only split is between Japan and Global, though are you on iOS? There were some issues that got introduced in the latest patch and I believe friend requests are still borked for iOS

Apparently, my game cuts the friend ID input off at 8 numbers. I can't write the 9th number in, it always gets removed - friend codes are always 9 numbers long, so I assume I'm hosed. What the hell; has anyone else ran into this? Is there a fix?

Tried adding the Facebook rare creature, but for some reason I can't write letters into that special input field, only numbers, and the code has letters so scratch that off as well. So far the android port seems really shoddy.

EDIT: Now the store shows an update for me, maybe that'll fix the issue.
EDIT II: Nope. Can't add anyone, can't type letters to the special code box. :(

Dropbear fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 19, 2014

Maka
Mar 18, 2001

In desperate need of water ghosts for 4 units and of course RNG decided it was best I get a boat load of rare metal and earth ghosts instead.

Lorelicious posted:

I think I'll pull again, I feel lucky.

Vishra #2, Lava #3

Dilma #5 :suicide:

:lol: I've gotten so many Dilmas and Vishras I might just start fusing them.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Does anybody have a idea who she might be? I just seen her and her 2 earlier evolutions in the photo section of the BF wiki.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I seriously hope that is a Dark Healer. That's the only element missing one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

600 points short of the 45,000 mark on middle, even with the 6* loch ness SBB helper. :negative:

I don't know how people are getting these absurd scores any more and it's making me feel stupid. I don't know what I'm missing.

I got over 450k on middle by having rounds that went with 4-5 enemies on pretty much the first 4 waves. My entire team could AOE and I got really good at lining up in the order of Felneus/Dean/Cayena/Serin/Karl/Cayena for a metric fuckton of sparking. Even with all effects turned off some rounds had my iPad mini come to a near-halt and if effects were on I'm positive it'd have crashed the app (as it has numerous times in the past, hence all effects turned off).

But really, if you're running multi-heavy heavy and aoe heavy, it comes down to the enemy wave layout completely. Getting a wave or two of 1-2 enemies that result in a 30k or less point boost for the wave will completely wreck your run. When I had 5 enemies on wave 3 and then 4 I knew the 450k mark was mine for the taking as long as I didn't gently caress up royally somehow and wipe on wave 5.

commish posted:

This network key error thing is getting old. I am losing energy, time and drops because of it. Oh, just did a great FH run that took you 15 minutes? Welp, here's an error. Thx anyway.

I've been kicked back to my last round the 2 times this happened in FH. One of them it kicked me back to a round where everyone was already dead. Felma and Grafl had stacked so many hits on Karl that he was pushed from the bottom front position back to where the bottom back row unit normally would be. I don't know what hit was used by whome but the numbers ran non-stop on Karl for 4-5 seconds or more.

Probably multiple magnum BBs stacked on Felma's blender-impersonating BB.

• Locked thread