Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Perhaps he wants a summer holiday like the rest of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
A bit of a surprise. I would have expected him to try to win the Euro, too, before bowing out of the team. If I expected anyone to retire, it was Götze because he's never going to top that one hot Sunday night in the Maracana.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I figured if anyone were to retire it would have been Kramer because he thinks he's a broom.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Honj Steak posted:

He's pulling a Magdalena Neuner I suppose, maybe not the dumbest thing to do.

Retiring before WADA catches you?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

African AIDS cum posted:

Retiring before WADA catches you?

I thought that was a Phelps?

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
*kicks in door of bayern locker room revealing a laundry cart full of blood bags* WADA hell is going on here

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
I really would like to know if there is a bigger plan behind this, or if he is just doing it to avoid injury risk etc. Wonder what will happen to Schweinsteiger over the next two years. Is he going to be starting for Bayern? Will Gündogan manage to come back and push him out of the national team?

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

elbkaida posted:

I really would like to know if there is a bigger plan behind this, or if he is just doing it to avoid injury risk etc. Wonder what will happen to Schweinsteiger over the next two years. Is he going to be starting for Bayern? Will Gündogan manage to come back and push him out of the national team?

I think one reason is probably that he's simply tired of playing 60+ matches every season as he is one of the few players who is always in the starting lineup.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Welp.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Lmao

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

:drat:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/21/germany-damaged-world-cup-trophy-celebrations-dfb-president

At least nobody dropped it under a bus

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

So Lahm published an article in Die Zeit claiming that he essentially retired from international football because he wants to "regain control" over his life. Is it just me or does that sound a little absurd coming from a multi-millionaire? I sure wish I had as much control over my life as someone with Lahm's fortune usually would.

(Nice meltdown)

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Wengy posted:

So Lahm published an article in Die Zeit claiming that he essentially retired from international football because he wants to "regain control" over his life. Is it just me or does that sound a little absurd coming from a multi-millionaire? I sure wish I had as much control over my life as someone with Lahm's fortune usually would.

(Nice meltdown)

I think it's OK to say that you want a summer holiday and to only work one job, even if you get paid a lot.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Yeah, but the specific wording of his statement is kind of offensive to me tbh. "My life belongs to me" :qq: no poo poo m8

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I think it's a bit much to suggest that because someone is rich they don't feel any crushing pressure on them from friends, family and fans to do things, in this case to play for Germany. Villainising this only leads to more Enkes imo

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Bogan Krkic posted:

I think it's a bit much to suggest that because someone is rich they don't feel any crushing pressure on them from friends, family and fans to do things, in this case to play for Germany. Villainising this only leads to more Enkes imo

I think we all hope that we've seen the Enke of that!

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Sure, I'm not trying to vilify him at all, but a guy who could never work another day in his life at age 30 if he feels like it should maybe choose his words more carefully. Or not speak up at all, it's not like he's obligated to explain himself.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

You sound like a prototypical German barely hiding his envy.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Mein Leben gehört mir!!!!!
gently caress it, he deserves it. He won the loving world cup anyway.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Of course I'm envious, he's rich ffs!!!!!

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Lahm uploaded the whole article on his webspace, if someone is interested:

http://www.philipplahm.de/fileadmin/Dateien/philipp_lahm/pdf/ZEIT_Kapitaen_a.D._24.7.2014.pdf

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Wengy posted:

Sure, I'm not trying to vilify him at all, but a guy who could never work another day in his life at age 30 if he feels like it should maybe choose his words more carefully. Or not speak up at all, it's not like he's obligated to explain himself.

the last few posts you made are mind boggling

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Anyone remember that time Germany won the World Cup in 2014?

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

antidote posted:

Every moment of my existence.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

I don't know why, but I instantly thought "OK, what innocent thing is suppose to make it look like one of these girls has a dick?"

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
It's just noted cool and good bro Manuel Neuer having a cool and good time with a bunch of cool and good ladies, stop projecting.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Manuel Neuer is the coolest of bros.

BickidWoody
May 8, 2014

antidote posted:

When I work out, I think back to the amazing moment when Goatze put that spectacular one in. For about 10 seconds I began to break into a full sprint. My heart pumps faster as I feel the adreline surging through my body. Then my stomach churns and my tiny calfs crumple out from under me. I realize that I will never be as good as them and cry for a while.

BickidWoody fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Aug 5, 2014

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
(Could someone repost the Reichsadler photoshop of Christ the Redeemer? My imgur link died and I forgot to save the image for my grandchildren.)

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

PHWOAR THATS A NICE TOP. Much better with the fourth star. Sucks i cant wear it for another 4 years.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

You could wear it for the Euros. Or every day.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

JG Wentworth posted:

PHWOAR THATS A NICE TOP. Much better with the fourth star. Sucks i cant wear it for another 4 years.

I don't think you're old enough to be posting on this forum son.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Why wouldn't you wear it literally all the time.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

hopterque posted:

Why wouldn't you wear it literally all the time.

So I have a weird superstition now, call me crazy but after the Algeria game I started wearing an 06' Ballack top that had never been worn before. They started to play much better and eventually won the cup with the 06' Ballack on. I have since retired the Ballack (its been framed) and Klose is going to carry the cup in 2018 (no way i'm waiting another 24 years).

Its crazy, its stupid, but it worked. The DFB-elf are still World Champions and Messi is still a little poo poo midget.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Klose has announced his retirement from the national team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Dunban posted:

Klose has announced his retirement from the national team.

He's the best and the greatest and my favorite player ever and I love him.

Danke Miro :3:

• Locked thread