Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Expecting a climb down on the Devitt news in the Observer. As of Monday he wasn't signed or talking to WWE according to someone I trust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

yea ok posted:

yall can joke about rovert and normally i'd be the first to do it but he's a bit more trustworthy regarding devitt than most of you would know

I've a pretty good record on WWE signings too but comes from friends in the UK and US - likely people here that are friends with.

On an Irish level I knew about Becky Lynch and (short lived signee) Luther Ward's signings six months before they were publicly announced.

Devitt recorded an hour long interview in Ireland last week were he brought up the WWE rumours himself. Only the first part has been released.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Thauros posted:

Do you think there's any reasonable chance of him returning to NJPW (hopefully with a nice raise)?

Genuinely I don't know. New Japan doesn't white wash history like WWE obviously but still there's a lot of Devitt mentions and references since he left. I am not pretending I know more than what was said to me.

As of three weeks ago Devitt hadn't submitted his medical to WWE that's the strongest fact I know. I believe he is either having the Summer off or is playing the long(er) game on a better deal.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

schweens posted:

Even though I know he's trustworthy with this stuff, rovert's post doesn't look any more credible than Matlock saying he has a friend on AIM or whatever.

Believe me I can more than understand. I am not a reporter. Just a big old gossip.

This is doing my head in. Would prefer him to be confirmed as signed with a capital S. Rather than vague "the expectation is that" type statements from Observer or Insider.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Yeah, nobody was making fun of him about actually knowing anything just the way he said it was funny but somehow it's immediately bullying

I'd be the same. Lads it is fine.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Yuriy posted:

It's not like rovert hasn't taken twitter rumors and treated them as fact before

Like when jape and john cena made a bunch of poo poo up about the NJPW announcers being Mauro and Matt Striker and he ran with it as fact

Find me on Twitter where I got this from please? Simply doesn't exist. It was a phone conversation.

The Matt and Mauro thing was a mistake on my part should have verified it first. It was a rare instance of me not doing so. Also I was new to this forum and didn't know what was what yet. Hasn't happened since. Ask anyone who knows me will tell you that is not my deal at all. If anything I am known to be too strict on sources and verification.

Nice try though, Yurily.

rovert fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 29, 2014

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

I think Payback is his last day until after movie stuff.

It was thought that it was until PWInsider said it today:

quote:

Batista is advertised for next week's Raw, which will be his last appearance before he goes on hiatus to help promote Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy."

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer covering his bases "As things are currently planned if all goes right, KENTA, Prince Devitt and Kevin Steen will all be coming to Orlando in August. In all three cases, there could be hangups between Visas, medicals, or other issues, but it is the going plan."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

p sure NXT is for churning out cartoon characters who job on the main roster

WSX minus explosions

• Locked thread