Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deep dish peat moss

My computer is all hosed up and I'm too broke to fix it. Posting thread from phone browser so I can move to awful app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

This is my first time not having my own pc since in 17 years so this will assuredly be good for me.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Funnypost Collabo posted:

This is my first time not having my own pc since in 17 years so this will assuredly be good for me.

I don't think so

bwatts

have a nice time, dude.

deep dish peat moss

It's very scary but I'm looking forward to where I am in a month. The biggest problem I foresee is that I used my computer for almost everything so I have no radio or TV or anything. I've always wondered what real, well-adjusted people do with their time, so now I will be forced to learn. So far I cleaned house and did laundry and decided to finish reading Ulysses but I truly hate it so every page is a slog and I have several hundred to go.

deep dish peat moss

I have no idea how to edit, quote, or post a new thread in Awful App but it's probably for the better.

literally this big

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

I have no idea how to edit, quote, or post a new thread in Awful App but it's probably for the better.

gotta make them posts count

deep dish peat moss

I'm trying to sign up for school but their site doesn't agree with phone browsers. I'm going to have to hit the library at some point.

deep dish peat moss

I'm not sure what to do with my time. I have a backlog of books but I'm going to need more than only reading. I can hit the bars but I don't drink so going alone is extra weird. There used to be a hip hop club up the street but they expanded to other genres and now it's all metal and washed-up 2000s alt rockers. Where are lonely non-drinkers supposed to go besides the internet???

a star war betamax

by Lowtax

Where are lonely non-drinkers supposed to go besides the internet???

The grave

bog pixie

I went randomly exploring backroads once and found a huge forest fire. Pretty sure the firemen lit it? The smoke blocked out the sun.

deep dish peat moss

I want to write a book but after growing up at the birth of the age of computers I don't really know how to without a nonlinear text editor and copy/paste/delete functions

bog pixie

I can probably send you a sorta bad computer with XP on it, which would at least work for text editing

bog pixie

It would kinda defeat the purpose of the thread though

deep dish peat moss

I have an old laptop I can probably install windows 8 on but I'm going to take a week or two or more away from computers before I even try. Thank you though!

deep dish peat moss

I would do it right now but I don't trust myself to not install more than Scrivener.

Other things I've done today with my free time:
Trimmed my pubes and my beard
Moved my laundry in to a dresser drawer instead of the loveseat
Bought new sheets and put them on my bed

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!

Where are lonely non-drinkers supposed to go besides the internet???

gym, hiking trails, rails to trails paths. we have a jogging park thats is super social.
there are also specific gyms, like rock climbing fencing etc

Peanut and the Gang

by exmarx

Ectral posted:

The smoke blocked out the sun.

Then we will firefight in the shade.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Peanut and the Gang posted:

Then we will firefight in the shade.

haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

Actually, if I set up my old laptop I could re-start BYOBCOM in either the original X-Com or in Xenonauts which is a cool indie remake. Hmm then I can pretend to have friends again.

• Locked thread