Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

-Atom- posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkOEi52lQrc

This is really well done and you should totally watch it.
Sonnen vs Silva, Dominick Cruz, Jason Miller

is it 2012 again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Yuriy posted:

It occurs to me that in 2014 tito ortiz is a more credible and reputable fighter than wanderlei silva and this is really really funny to me

Agreed, they should fight.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Cruz/Faber always felt like less of a rivalry and more like a sidebar example of "conflict" from a page in a afterschool script writing class workbook. If it wasn't real life it'd be too cliche to take seriously.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

quote:

White addressed Belfort's undisclosed random test results by saying, "Here's the reality of that test, doctors disagree with the results of that test." When pressed on what doctors those are, White replied, "Doctors that matter disagree with the results of that test."

Vitor totally pissed hot. I wonder if the ufc advised him to strategically withdraw his application.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The funniest sport

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

We'll find out that his wife had accidentally used a foot cream containing an illegal substance

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct

sportsgenius86 posted:

We'll find out that his wife had accidentally used a foot cream containing an illegal substance

Vitor used some of his wife's anti-aging cream to masturbate and he had a Benjamin Button situation. He decided to withdraw for fear of the drug tester seeing his totally smooth baby carrot penis

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

sportsgenius86 posted:

:laffo:

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

@MikeBohnMMA posted:

I also asked Bagautinov what it would mean to be Russia's first UFC champion. His response: "I feel no pride."

Seriously, how stone cold badass are these Dagestani fighters?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nice to see Bones and Wand have the same lawyer.

Yuriy posted:

mark hunt owns

I love both Hunto and Hassy so much.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

-Atom- posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkOEi52lQrc

This is really well done and you should totally watch it.

This is God damned awesome. Show it to newbies.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

quote:

“Just to clear up a couple things, people think we’re in contract negotiations with Jon Jones – we’re not,” he said. “Jon Jones still has five fights left on his contract. So what we’re doing right now is trying to get him to sign the bout agreement for Gustafsson. He doesn’t want to fight Gustafsson. … Lorenzo and I have a meeting with Jones on Thursday to get him to sign the bout agreement, and he’s asking to fight Cormier instead.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/06/dana-white-jon-jones-wants-daniel-cormier-instead-of-alexander-gustafsson

Jon Jones, ladies and gentlemen.

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

oh how i loathe thee, herbimus maximus

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Bones is p4p fight ducking champion

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Only the greatest of champions ducks a man he has already beat.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Dana just gonna pretend he didn't literally show us him and Lorenzo having a meeting with Jon's people and saying the words "are we gonna come to a deal?" during one of those Embedded segments?

:cmon:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Remember when people liked and defended Jon Jones after getting an entire card cancelled because surely Jon Jones couldn't be an rear end in a top hat

mewse
May 2, 2006

-Atom- posted:

Dana just gonna pretend he didn't literally show us him and Lorenzo having a meeting with Jon's people and saying the words "are we gonna come to a deal?" during one of those Embedded segments?

The deal is the bout agreement that JBJ doesn't want

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
This loving guy.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

-Atom- posted:

Nothing of what you're saying is mutually exclusive with anything Dana White is saying.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Kinda hope he gets what he wants only it turns out that Cormier really is that good and just manhandles Bones for five rounds.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I don't get it. I get it if Jones doesn't want to fight Gustafsson because he might lose, but Jon Jones is a prize fighter. he wants money. He literally makes fun of Donald Cerrone because Cowboy doesn't make anywhere near the amount he makes. Jones vs Gustafsson II is the biggest fight UFC is going to do this year. What the heck is the problem

Don't get me wrong I'm going to enjoy Jon Jones losing his belt on a 250k buyrate PPV and the Gustafsson money vanishes, that's cool

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
It's pretty much a done deal that he's going to fight them both, but I appreciate his show of dedication to the JBJ brand by ducking one of them anyway. Surprised he didn't call out Maldonado at the same time.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

mewse posted:

The deal is the bout agreement that JBJ doesn't want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJTB3L91hYY

Within the first thirty seconds

"We're going to walk him through why it makes sense to fight Gustaffson, and we're going to make an offer to extend his contract."

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

-Atom- posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJTB3L91hYY

Within the first thirty seconds

"We're going to walk him through why it makes sense to fight Gustaffson, and we're going to make an offer to extend his contract."

I don't know why you're struggling with this

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

So he's got five fights left and they want what exactly? Another 5? When he's the most dominant champ, top of the p4p lists and in the strongest negotiating position? What dana is saying doesn't make a lot of sense imo.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Triticum Guzzler posted:

So wait, the Jon Jones PR disaster of the week isn't even contract negotiations? It's just the bout agreement?

hahaha earlier today i felt assured i had misunderstood, but no. Good poo poo

mewse
May 2, 2006

Street Horrrsing posted:

So he's got five fights left and they want what exactly? Another 5? When he's the most dominant champ, top of the p4p lists and in the strongest negotiating position? What dana is saying doesn't make a lot of sense imo.

Presumably they are offering additional money for the contract extension in order to secure the bout agreement

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Jon Jones is a coward

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Must've been impossible to play duck duck goose with Jones as a kid.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
for the love of god can jon jones sign with mike kogan if he hasn't already

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

for the love of god can jon jones sign with mike kogan if he hasn't already

That's actually kind of an interesting point, because nominally Jones' manager is Malki Kawa, but on Embedded the negotiations were being handled by a different dude whose name I don't recall.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Ron Romes

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Google says Wayne Harriman is Jones' manager and, uh, this

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/mma-ufc/fighters-link-alleged-slaying-plot-creates-ultimate-headache

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
nevermind, misunderstood

DumbWhiteGuy fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jun 3, 2014

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

That's the guy from embedded, but as recently as last month Malki Kawa was still purporting to be his manager -

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/24/5650912/malki-kawa-on-the-jon-jones-business-why-he-wont-wear-nike-at-ufc-172

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Yeah, the only articles I see saying Harriman is his manager are using the embedded video as a source. Would a fighter ever have two managers?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
ahahahahaha

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

vainman posted:

Yeah, the only articles I see saying Harriman is his manager are using the embedded video as a source. Would a fighter ever have two managers?

I mean, there's nothing preventing it, but paying two people to do the same job seems kind of senseless?

I'd forgotten about the Harriman/Ortiz bail thing though, that's interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

@markhunt1974 2m
My new bike thanks Scott pic.twitter.com/skfCg4UfXY

• Locked thread