Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Yuriy posted:

It occurs to me that in 2014 tito ortiz is a more credible and reputable fighter than wanderlei silva and this is really really funny to me

:ortiz: Let's not overreact too much here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Man, the UFC is so fed up with Jones that they're publicly shaming him into signing a bout agreement. That's uh, pretty bad.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yeah like as far as pro athletes go it's a good tattoo and I think it's pretty cool but I'm also a man child.

Speaking of bad tattoos, even though Cole Miller dropped out of the fight I'd like to remind y'all that he has the ATT logo on him and points to it after every one of his wins like a weirdo member of a cult.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Are you seriously asking about the quality of gimmick mma action figures dude? Walk into a dollar store and you'll find a bunch of them that cost nothing. I have a Wandy sitting on my desk that cost two dollars.

Do I feel like I wasted my two dollars? No.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Street Horrrsing posted:

Dana does this tactic all the time, I don't know why people fall for it. Sign the way we want, or we'll go to the press and insinuate that you're holding up the negotiations, presumably for cowardly reasons.

Jones doesn't have to live his life on the ufc's schedule

True, except for Jones posting an Instagram video of him imitating a whiney baby fan saying that he should fight Gus instead or Cormier instead of mentioning anything about personal reasons.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

tesilential posted:

Ya Jon Jones surpassed Anderson Silva's douchery very early in his title reign. Can you imagine Cain saying he didn't want to fight Werdum or Hendricks saying he doesn't want to fight Lawlor again and please let him fight Nick Diaz?

Lawler:

Lawlor:

A helpful guide for the uninitiated.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Whoah that smashes Sonnen's record.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

MagicCube posted:

I don't know if it's been mentioned about Jones-Gus 2, but it's back in Toronto. I'm pretty happy with that as that fight was amazing live. Hopefully it will be surrounded with better fights than the first one.

Since 2011 every other Jones fight has been in Toronto. I don't mind it because Jones fights typically rule but it's kind of a surprising streak. It's not like he's a hometown guy or anything. I was at the Belfort fight and the dude was booed out of the house.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Pwny_Xpress posted:

Isnt Toronto just a hop skip and a jump from NY, where JBJ is from?

10 hour bus ride? Canada's a big place.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Maybe he's in self imposed sexile.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
That's crazy. Bookies arent known for charity.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

CommonShore posted:

If it was easy to look good and natural on camera, movie studios would have no need to pay big money to actors. He has spent more time since puberty in the gym than most neckbeards his age have spent online. Any surprise that he's poorly adjusted?

MMA is full of weirdos that spend their life training and none of them come off as sociopathic and bland as Rory. He's one of a kind.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

CommonShore posted:

Not saying he isn't weird, bland, &c - but most of those weirdos at least did team sports such as wrestling and had a chance to get socialized a bit. If you take a weird kid, shut him away from people for his teenage years for full-time training, immerse him in violence, and then slap him in front of a camera, ten times out of ten you'll get an off-putting sociopath like Rory.

I suppose if you take that weird kid, and put him on a wrestling team instead, he'll be giving jizzing cock cakes to his friends instead....

Ronda was a weird kid whisked away for years of judo training and turned into a Diaz sister that occasionally cosplays Sailor Moon. Not that that disproves your point, it's just a fun comparison.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Mr. Carlisle posted:

One of the best parts of these videos is Burt Watson when they show him trying to corral the fighters and keep them in the right places at the right times. How can these fighters not be in a good mood while being around him? He's hilarious. Also always yelling.

Edit: They need to give him his own hour long documentary just showing the poo poo he's encountered while dealing with the fighters.

I've never heard anyone say a single bad thing about Burt Watson. Everyone loves him. Organizing a big group of people is hard enough as is, let alone when you're dealing with the crazy personalities and dumbasses that go into MMA.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
To be fair to him, he always was pretty embarrassed by his appearance, but now he looks like one hot bear.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

coconono posted:

I can see why he'd turn down fighting overseas. Dude's an elite level fighter fighting other elite level guys. So even the smallest change to his regime might give the other guy an edge. But then again he's rich enough and banks enough on fights that Jones can have his whole infrastructure flown in.

Yes, this is why Gus only fights in Sweden. Wait a second......

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

KidDynamite posted:

Matt Serra chat gives me a reason to post this.

Who's the dude with the Koscheck haircut?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I'm just excited to see Weidman fight again. It's fun cause he's looked fantastic but it's still early enough in his career that there's lots to learn about him fighting top competition.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Fentry posted:

Apparently Pat Militech is going to be the next inductee in the Hall of Fame next week, which is pretty cool considering he's someone who actually deserves it and I didn't think it would happen since he wasn't on the greatest terms with the company

Hrmmm. Dude was a champ from the dark era and didn't have the popularity of the other old guys they've inducted. I wonder if they're gonna start inducting all of the old school crew.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

manyak posted:

Carlos condit is a very not boring fighter with a very boring personality

But he's ridiculously good looking so he's allowed to be boring.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

fatherdog posted:

in fairness your gf probably hasn't played enough rpgs to correctly identify him as a goblinoid

heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

El Roncho posted:

The Wide Man's Burden

• Locked thread