Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
I bet this is Boney Jones' idea of what a heel does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

-Atom- posted:

I'm totally game to be proven wrong and for a featherweight to be a polarizing figure ala BJ Penn, but I think people need to calm the gently caress down.

There are people who dislike BJ? I thought people just make fun of him for crying behind his mom's skirts, but didn't actually dislike him.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

maffew buildings posted:

agreed he should be called Mr. Potatohead

I think he's more Wooly Willy, if we had to pick a child's toy.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/kramwartap/kramwartap002/woolywilly5_zps1df6da7d.jpg~original

Just move some of the beard to his head.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Hands down Tito, because when he surprise-triangled Bader a while back, I almost died of laughter and I didn't even dislike Bader that much back then.

God! What kind of Tito fan are you? It was a guillotine, not triangle! I bet you don't even own any Punishment clothing.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

The guy who did Carlos Conduit's tattoo is suing Carlos, because his tattoo artwork is in the video game, and he didn't get paid for displaying it.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

If you are looking for a reason to hate Camozzi, from reddit:

"Whats up guys! July 5th is coming up quick and I cant wait to finally wear the r/mma logo in the octagon.
Thanks for all of your support, now lets get this going. AMA!!!!"

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

@BensonHenderson posted:

Weigh-ins today, can't wait to feel human again...1st thing I'm eating when I get back home, my wife, @MariaMouse118, is gonna hook it up...

First thing he is going to eat is his wife?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

I wonder if it is just for the video, or if Dana always has bodyguards/assistants around him, even when he goes on vacation for the weekend.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

For those who couldn't watch the show live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2ZrGMJXncM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIdMXe9xDsU

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAkquWzBYyQ

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

I forgot about this, when Chael asks him about the Harley, and Jones replies, "oh well, I can just buy 18,000 of them if I want..." Classic.

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 12, 2014

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Goons hate on Rory because his personality reminds them of their own.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Lloyd Boner posted:

I feel like Burt Watson has the best job ever but there is absolutely no one else who could do that job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbgXL6uwrYM&t=170s

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

I bet if you posted this in the GBS goon.jpg thread, people would think he's a goon from YLLS.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Dickhead Tracy
hahahaha

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Are we still doing equine jokes? Jake Shields kicks like a mule.

My mane Man Jake Shields. MMMJS

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Incendiary Pig posted:

I want to hang out with those two guys so bad. It would be the best day of my life.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

In the pre-fight scrum, Dana said they are in talks to add other, non-mma, combat sport leagues to Fight Pass.

e: in reference to adding Invicta.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

And the Gus-Jones fight isn't set for Toronto, they are still trying to decide the venue. Dana said Jones and Gus has no input on where it will take place, it is purely a business decision.

Hahahah
reporter: why did it take so long to get the fight signed with Jones?
Dana: Jones is one of these quirky guys who we have to sit face to face, he doesn't like doing it over the phone.

Jones is quirky.

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jun 13, 2014

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

OMG! Dana just said that if Anderson Silva wants to fight Nick Diaz, and Nick wants to fight Anderson, he will try to make the fight happen in a few months, when Anderson is fully healed!!!!!! But for now, he isn't doing anything, because Andy isn't 100%

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuQP1hC8EyY

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

They released one while the event was going on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmJoKgTN3Ns

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Jones is just trying to play heel. He admitted with Ariel that the only reason he posts videos on instagram them removes them 5 minutes later is to piss people off.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhjRZDLOW7Y
The Expendables 3 with Ronda

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Haha, Matt said he is now over 200 lbs and on TRT.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Belle Isle Tech posted:

They're trying the Overeem Defense. Apologize for what you did, say it was anti-inflammatory drugs for X body part, say you won't do it ever again, charm the the board, and be back to fighting in 9 months.

It was crazy listening to the offical tell his side of the story. When he came for the blood/urine sample, Wandy told him "hold on I need to call my manager", then literally walked around the corner and out the back door of the gym, and drove off. Wandy is a Diaz.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

It means "a black guy who doesn't act like black guys on the wire" and is a grave insult and not used in a racist manner here lol.

Yep, that is why you see so many people here calling Mighty Mouse a herb...

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

This is why in America your record is sealed when you are a minor. Teens make stupid mistakes.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Beeswax posted:

Yeah the records from Gustafsson's trial are pretty unpleasant. In addition to what has already been mentioned he was sentenced for assaulting one of the plaintiffs in order to scare them into dropping the police report that they had filed.

I don't doubt that Alex has sorted his life out since then and regrets his actions - he was still a teenager at the time - but it makes it a lot harder to root for him.

If we had the complete police records of every UFC fighter, there would be no one left to root for.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Ariel said that Mizugaki is out for a bit cause he had surgery on his ear due to an infection which required his entire ear to be removed and stitched back. :barf:

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Hey all, follow me, Keven, on twitter. I won't follow you back and I'm not telling you what my handle is. Enjoy the fights!

Found you
@KevinTheAsshole

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

A little of both. It's clear to see how talented a lot of the 125ers are, but as you can see in fights like Cruz vs Mighty Mouse, Cruz is much too big for MM even though we all would agree that MM owns. Also they probably were envisioning their global expansion and decided they need some more champions and divisions to promote.

If you want to prognosticate a little further, it's pretty inevitable that a Men's Cruiserweight (somewhere between 225-235) and Women's Flyweight will eventually emerge as well. As 205 gets more and more stale because old stars retire, they're going to need a division where fighters with a name can make a second run after a belt when it becomes clear they are not going win the belt at the class above, which as of right now would be Heavyweight but not many people can make that transition because of the weight difference. Pretty much the same with Women's Flyweight but it's more obvious because of the huge difference between 115 and 135.

Heavyweight has never been a deep division, and with the NFL paying as much as it does, I don't see the division getting any deeper. If they added a cruiserweight, people like Cain and JDS would just win the belt in both divisions. Even if they made it 225lbs, Cain would just have to cut 15 pounds, and JDS 20 pounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He looked like a chump in his last three losses though.

Munoz's last three losses were to the current champ, the current challenger to the belt, and some other guy. Its not like he lost to cans.

• Locked thread