Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Ewar Woowar posted:

I hate Jon Jones a whole lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V3g0MXjXZA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Aurain posted:

Nah, it's a legit excuse. You definitely can't train in the months leading up to another person's wedding, a single day where you have to wear one of Rashad Evans' suits, smile a bunch even when you're bored and then go home and carry on your life like normal for the rest of the days you have left.

It's exceptionally hard for a man of Jon "Bones" Jones' intelligence to do things like "write a speech about a person you've known for either your entire life or his" depending on whether it's his older or his younger brother. Reading the cheat sheets he has his speech written on would delay his fight training by at least a fortnight, and what if Grandma Bones asks him to try a slice of wedding cake? He might get injured picking up the plate.

Jon Jones is definitely a honest and truthful gentleman who doesn't make excuses to try and fight injured fighters, try to duck someone who beat him like a drum and left him hospitalised so he can fight an old Brazilian who never had a chance, post homophobic slurs on instagram or boast on YouTube to people who he doesn't know because he's an incredibly self conscious herb.

tl;dr: gently caress Jon Jones.

Not to mention finding a socially acceptable way to duck the bouquet

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Dangersim posted:

Wanderlei has never really had a problem with wrestlers. His problem is he has bad defense and a bad chin

He hasn't fought a grappler since 2005 Arona. Bisping also took him down in the first round. Basically, there's very little data on his takedown defence, but what little there is isn't inspiring.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Lost For Words posted:

"It's an exciting life I live." :geno:

When It comes time for Christian Bale's biopic to be made, I want Rory to play him in the movie within a movie version of American Psycho.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

1st AD posted:

Speaking of old events, I watched WEC 3 and holy poo poo it's bad. The one announcer guy not knowing what positions are (half-mount :downs: ), Jeff Blatnick repeatedly mispronouncing Gilbert El Niņo Menendez, and Shonie Carter getting robbed by some dude.

It's still got funny moments though, like Fat Gilbear beating up future FX prelims bantamweight Jeff Houghland, Frank Aliso Juarez III getting outstruck and taken down by a nobody, Jeff Sherwood's fat rear end waddling around cage side as a photographer, and seeing Mike Swick get wrestled by a Japanese midget before kneeing his face off. Also the most handsome of welterweight studs, Jake Shields is hanging around cage side.

Keep going. Olaf Alonso shows up and everything is magical.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Bean Fried posted:

The plot of a Chuck Palaniuk novel

This is the poo poo I wish made it into MMA games and movies

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

maffew buildings posted:

my girlfriend said Barao looks like a monkey and cited his victory dance as further proof, then stated she can say that because she's Mexican. it's more fun if watching MMA with your girl is learning about how racist they are

This is turning into that Jake Gylenhall movie where there are two Jake Gylenhalls.
My girlfriend did this exact thing last night. She also now loves Dillashaw, claiming he looks like a puppy.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

maffew buildings posted:

She also raged out at the UFC Mexico promos with Cain Velasquez when she found out he's not from Mexico, stating "he's gringo, he's not Mexican. why they say he's Mexican he is not". So maybe she's a nationalist I dunno

Mine adores Cain Velasquez. It's how I tricked her into getting into the sport, showing him beating the poo poo out of Lesnar.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Lyoto isn't even in like the top 50 handsome fighters, how high are you

Brandon Thatch is kinda scrumptious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Dangersim posted:

All girls think GSP is hot. All off them.

This is so true.

• Locked thread