Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Hes protecting his legacy by becoming known for ducking people and delaying fights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Bluedeanie posted:

There is no evidence whatsoever that supports the intangible factor of motivation that Rogan and Goldberg go on about has any real affect on the outcome of BJ's fights, he is demonstrably in the sunset of his career and he is going up against a guy who has already beaten him twice — once very badly — in a weight class that while technically natural, will he very foreign to him and his lifestyle. This is a bad/stupid fight for BJ Penn.

BJ being motivated might be bullshit, but BJ weighing less definitely leads to him lasting longer in fights.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

CarlCX posted:

I'm not sure how much of this is due to his size as opposed to the size of his opponents--if you think about the GSP, Fitch, Diaz and MacDonald fights his gas seemed to run out mostly in proportion to how much a bigger, stronger, actually-belongs-at-170 dude was beating the dogshit out of him, which is going to gas practically anyone.

unless that was your point and it went over my head

Its probably a combination of both, right? I dunno I didnt want to claim he was in better shape in case someone brought this up so i was being unspecific

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Mr. Nice! posted:

I find it funny you say Fitch beat the dogshit out of Penn. Yeah, the third round was bad, but Penn was gassed because he spent the first round and a drat good chunk of the second round Fitching Fitch. BJ was gassed and got his poo poo pushed in during the third, but his gas wasn't depleted because of Fitch beating up on him.

I was really impressed by how he did against Nick and Fitch in the first rounds of those figths, basically I kinda think he showed as far as talent and skill he was a notch above either guy

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Mir beat up Jones in an elevator

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Hes a dick

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Jones personality sucks so bad that with a whole team of business guys around him plus the stronger than ever UFC marketing machine with unimagined resources promoting an almost unprecedented streak of performances, he can't compete with the thousand yard stare, grunts, and one to three word sentences of Chuck Liddell

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
A man with a mohawk who does not speak > jon jones and jesus

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

-Atom- posted:

this is in no way relevant, remember?

I dont remember that. someone please explain what the situation is because i dont really understand why UFC would ever have made this fight. Vitors not licensed, got caught pumping himself full of testosterone, and cant fight anymore right?

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

hahaha

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Hes more science than man at this point

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

ChampRamp posted:

guys, i think vitors on steroids

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Henderson v Bustamante

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Henderson v Carlos newton

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Henderson v Ninja

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Greg Jackson is not driven by autism, but by pure evil

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Yuriy posted:

happy to see arlovski back in the ufc

why

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
The injections I was taking didnt list the illegal substances on the label

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Where is Child Protective Services on the naming isssue

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

fatherdog posted:

Honestly that entire deal was pretty weird. "I'm dating your ex" really shouldn't be a "lol burn" situation for either side.

EDIT:

At one point Sylvia was dating Arlovski's ex, and made fun of him about it,and Arlovski responded with that line. Like I said, pretty weird on both sides.

i feel like its more of a comment on her hygiene than anything

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
the transitive property of masculinity

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I just saw a thing where Dana said GSP was training to come back and his acl exploded again and he had to get reconstructive surgery

please dont come back gsp

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I for one am happy Vera is gone

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Please be true and scare zuffa into making cards that dont suck

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Panama Red posted:

Lastly, when people post on here about "herb" or "herbing," what does that refer to?

Jon Jones

Solomonic posted:

holy poo poo "herb" doesn't mean "a black guy"?

It does. Jon Jones

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
As long as someone doesn't spew vitriol against gays in an e-mail, I'm sure they're a good guy

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
But if you ever mutilated any infant farm animals youd have the perfect thing to soak up their innocent blood with

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
cuz machida and anderson dont fight alike

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
did we just reach a point where people dismiss machida . dang

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Weidman deserves to be the favorite, but the idea that there's no question hes going to be able to handle machida with no problem is ridiculous. I mean Im kinda stunned. Its Machida. If Weidman finishes him, its every bit as amazing as him finishing Anderson was. Probably more honestly, because Machida is better

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

doverhog posted:

Maybe Machida can land another crane kick or something, but that seems about the only way he would win.

If by that you mean timing his opponent perfectly, controlling the distance to avoid takedowns, then taking advantage of a small opening with an unorthodox technique, then yes, the only way he could win is with a crane kick

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

doverhog posted:

Yes, that is exactly what I meant. Machida is cool.

The only way he could win is the way he always wins. Agreed.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

I kind of discount the Rampage win over Machida because Machida had just been KOed for the first time in his career and was especially gunshy in the first two rounds, even for him. I don't debate the decision, but I think if that fight had taken place a year prior or a year later you would have seen a much different result so I don't think it is useful to bring up when trying to break down Machida vs Weidman.

I understand thinking Rampage sucks so if Machida lost to him, thats bad because Weidman has not lost to a guy who sucks, and somehow that puts Weidmans experience points or whatever higher than Machidas. But Machida lost that fight by having two razor thin rounds and only kicking Rampage's rear end for one. Its not like he got knocked down or beat up at all. If he keeps the rounds razor thin against Weidman, he's already doing an awesome job.

I mean would people still be bringing that rampage fight up as an example of anything negative about Machida if it'd been a five round fight? No probably not. he probably would've been able to finish Rampage. I dont hear a ton of people bringing up Jones' fight with Rampage as an example of why Jones stinks, but he basically did nothing for three rounds instead of 2. Obviously Jones knew he had two more rounds to work with, but still. I dunno I just dont see a guy being cautious against Rampage as a sign, especially Machida who is cautious against everyone including David Heath for two rounds, and Tito Ortiz

Bundt Cake fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 27, 2014

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Hendo has special magic that turns him into a better fighter against guys I like

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
manyak pointed this out before but if youre using how easily he killed munoz as a reason hes better than machida you might want to think that through one more time

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

maffew buildings posted:

Pretty cool Brazil and Chile are squaring off because you can ask "which team has more relatives of SS officers" and it's a legit toss up

hahaha

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
if i had to pick one thing it would be wrestling. he only learned how to do that stuff after he trained with juanito and he was already a star before that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Stop objectifying fighters

• Locked thread