Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I wish Mondo kept the glasses on during assassinations. Gives him a bit more character. What little his "stoic tough guy who never emotes" character amount to, anyway. C'mon, you've got Crispin Freeman, make him go nuts, Grasshopper!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

That house kind of reminded me of Constantine's Mansion from way back in Thief: The Dark Project, especially the upside-down room and the indoor garden.

Thing is, Constantine's Mansion didn't front-load the weirdness. The first floor and forward areas looked mostly totally normal and the mansion just got weirder the further into it you got. Here it's Pee Wee's Playhouse almost from the get-go.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Meis posted:

Does suda write these things? Whoever does has some pretty disturbing attitudes towards women, it seems. Going off what I've seen so far here and in previous suda games.

Women seem more like accessories than protagonists in a lot of these games. But there's at least one Grasshopper game where there's a female protagonist with agency! Liberation Maiden, where the president of Japan pilots a mech to blow up aliens!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I do like how your finishing move has the option of determining what kind of powerup pops out of defeated enemies.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So if Suda was only 1 of 4 writers on this project were the other three just going for a weird-as-hell Suda vibe?

That would explain a lot.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Is there a clearer source for all the text that flashes at the beginning of an episode?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I remember that way back in Killer7, there was occasional moon iconography, and in early previews, the image of the moon sometime became the image of a beast's eye with the words "Lives on a star." Hmm...

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

And in the Telltale series they later go back to the moon and don't even need the paper bags!" I guess those pantywaist astronauts just didn't have the stones to try it!"

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Yeah, there is no dark side of the moon! As a matter of fact, it's all dark.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Everyone keeps talking about David's ridiculous outfit, but I keep thinking about those teeth of his. He has a very toothy design.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Judge Tesla posted:

His near constant shark grin is just the best. :allears:

The weird thing about him is that his smile is huge but his eyes are so sleepy-looking. Like he's high on moon rocks or something.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

It's a little disturbing that they don't mention the name of their state. Also: not to a country or a government or a nation, but just "The State." And Bryan said earlier "going against the State is evil." I'm getting disturbing nationalist vibes from all that.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

There are so many ways you could improve that fourth wall break.

Just off the top of my head…

David: Hey, join me! We can rule over the earth like kings!
Mondo: Join you? You aren't even the final boss!
David: Don't count me out just yet. Heh heh.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Y'know if they wanted some good imitation-Suda 51 all they needed to do was hire the writer of God Hand.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Meh. Got nothing on Castlevania: Symphony of the Night's dream boss battle.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

tlarn posted:

Dream-fights count as overtime on the bill to the State! :haw:

In a game where one of our clients was literally a ghost I find this entirely likely.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I can see why they never included it in Shadows at least. Since Mr. loving Hotspur's entire quest is rescuing his immortal girlfriend from an infinite amount of torture it would not be classy of him to see other people on the side.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Suda 51's autocorrect go on the fritz?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Brought To You By posted:

That would explain why I occasionally see that statue pop up in anime. Learn something new.

They tossed in the statue because they had no other effigy of a white guy handy, because the guy who helped the Tigers win that year was white. It was a tradition of theirs to dunk guys who looked like star players.

If I remember correctly.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

He's the father of the Burger King!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Also I kinda have to echo Yahzee when he said, "You know there are other jobs besides being an assassin, right, Suda?" Mondo doesn't even seem like an assassin, he should instead be classified as some sort of government-funded adventurer taking down monsters rather than people.

• Locked thread