Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Seriously anyone can raid greens. I brought a half geared basic-less Gambit and did absolutely fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Raids reset this morning so in honor of that.

MIDNIGHT RAIDING WITH ARRG

That's right boys and girls, trans, asexuals, otherkin, and furries. We're raiding at mother fuckin' midnight. Tonight. Tomorrow, whatever. Be there, be a square, get eyeballs because that isn't gross at all.

EDIT: This is EST and I'm a big dumb baby who doesn't include all relevant info in his hype post.

Arrgytehpirate fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 13, 2014

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Ya'll some haters.

Good Citizen posted:

is this gonna be like when they bring out the fog machine and black lights at the bowling alley???

Yes, only the coolest teens who are willing to break curfew will be there.

Platypus Farm posted:

Which time zone? I may actually be able to do this.

edit: i can bring strange or MK. MK is better geared, but strange is strange and is decently geared.

EST. Sorry, forgot to mention that.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

So around an hour until raid time.

Arrg
sodapopinski
darkswordmaster
davebo
Tsurupettan

uh who am I missing? I feel like more guys wanted slots reserved.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Great job to everyone who came out to raid with me tonight. Sorry we couldn't get Surturd down.

On the bright side.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Gambit

This is a short guide for a raiding Gambit build that I've been having a load of fun with lately. I'm sure it's far from optimal, and I would probably not use him in reds but he's perfectly fine for greens, and super fun.

Skills:

MAX:
Dead Man's Hand
Royal Flush
House of Cards
Kinetic Control
52 Pickup
Sleight of Hand
Ragin' Cajun

1 POINT:
Good Times Roll
Cheat Dath
Savate Expert
Sticky Fingers

DUMP:
Sticky Fingers or Savate Expert

SYNERGY: Cable, Cyclops, Hawkeye, Hulk, Invisible Woman, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Star-Lord, Wolverine

Legendary: Gungnir

Relic: Subterranea

Medal: I use a Doop with +2700hp, but a Jugg works too.

Artifacts: GoK, Danger Chip, Black Tom's, Advanced Starstone

Uru: Defense w/ River of Souls (Mandatory)

Slot 1: Destroyer Energy Rifle
Slot 2: X-Ternals Mantle
Slot 3: Le Diable Blindfold (The higher the -spirit on this the better)
Slot 4: Ninja Tabi
Slot 5: Remy's Lucky Deck

Costume: CDR, CDR, CDR, Crit. 400 LoH, 2sec invul/hp on medkit. The LoH is absolutely mandatory if you don't want to use Lemuria.

This is a really fun basicless build. The only time I ever have spirit issues is on Overseer, but I can just run down to the #5 prisoner grab a few orbs and be fine. On Surtur the chargeup attack gives you enough time to regen spirit to keep going.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You were the one complaining about Gambit being squishy right? You really should max savate expert and at least 1 point street sweep as well(pref max). It's a good dot and it procs the heal from savate expert. Savate expert is also a much better passive than sleight of hand for defensive purposes.

I was until I got the LoH core. That solved pretty much everything. Another thing is keeping Street Sweep up ruins your sustainability

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

nickhimself posted:

Yeah... I don't have anything against the red text I guess, but that frogman was a paid for piece by one of the goon artists from the thread it came from which actually sucks to lose. Whatever, though. I can't sang a song forever, I suppose.

https://esarahpalinonline.com/soap/?username=nickhimself

Never lose an avatar again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

is rouge out yet

• Locked thread