Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Ixtlilton posted:

I'm pretty sure he said scummiest on your team, not in your doc.
That's bullshit. The implication was pretty clear. See below.

mr.capps posted:

There is no reason for a joke phase to exist in this game, we all have docs were we should be getting good reads on people because in those docs people are actively working together.

##vote crazyeyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh my god.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Pander posted:

That's bullshit. The implication was pretty clear. See below.

mr.capps posted:

hey other empires who is your scummiest player?

ours is mein

Still right :colbert:

Also, he didn't say it was the only way to contribute, so you're being hyperbolic regardless.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I'm getting weird ~~vibes~~ from the Crazyeyes and 50 Pounds of Bread side of this argument. Although I agree that capps is asking for reads too early, his request is minor and does not necessitate their overly defensive response. This fact is especially evident given that capps was sated by a non-answer like:

Crazyeyes posted:

Ernie is the most scummy because all he has done is pop in, say hi, and then left. This will change when he returns to the doc later.
tells me that the back and forth was unncessary.

Our team thread has had very little activity but if forced to make a call, I would say Juanito is the scummiest player.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Your Personal Muse posted:

Confirming.

I don't know who's in my alliance, but I'm pretty sure that mr. Capps is the scummiest in our coalition.

You are in JavCo.
capps is MediFed.

busb posted:

:krakentoot: Mediterranean Federation (MediFed) :krakentoot:
Meinburg - Egypt
Rarity - Venice
mr capps - Aragon
DGK2000 - Syria
Eight Dollars - Greece

:coffee: Javan Coalition :coffee:
JakeP - Aceh
VivaNova - Siam
Your Personal Muse - Malaysia
QuoProQuid - Singapore
Juanito - The Philippines

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

VivaNova posted:

You are in JavCo.
capps is MediFed.

:vince:

This is interesting!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
We have 25 players divided into 5 subgroups. That is a lot of players, so why not have the groups look at themselves, since you know they are in a group doing stuff together, just to give us a bit focus.

This does not mean there are not other ways to contribute or you can't look for scum outside your own group.

Ixtlilton posted:

Still right :colbert:

Also, he didn't say it was the only way to contribute, so you're being hyperbolic regardless.

Thank you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I do think Pander is heavily overreacting to Capps just doing Capps things.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

VivaNova posted:

You are in JavCo.
capps is MediFed.

My claim still stands

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

QuoProQuid posted:

I'm getting weird ~~vibes~~ from the Crazyeyes and 50 Pounds of Bread side of this argument. Although I agree that capps is asking for reads too early, his request is minor and does not necessitate their overly defensive response. This fact is especially evident given that capps was sated by a non-answer like:

tells me that the back and forth was unncessary.

Our team thread has had very little activity but if forced to make a call, I would say Juanito is the scummiest player.

The back and forth was entirely necessary because it not only forced Capps to explain why he thought it was a good idea, but also revealed that his reasoning was lovely and 100% meant to look like he was doing something when it was, and remains to be, a completely pointless exercise. I therefore think he is scummy for it.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

YPM, what's the question of the game?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Ixtlilton posted:

YPM, what's the question of the game?

There is no question, it's all a lie.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Rarity posted:

The last game I played with Capps he was being a horse, and other than that I don't really know him, so you can ease up on the meta defense of your boo. I saw a pretty scummy exchange go down and I went looking to figure out what the hell he was going on about.

"Who in your empire is scummy?"
"nobody really"
"that's impossible!" *vote*
"no it's not, here's why."
"okay." *unvote*

Scummy.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

We have 25 players divided into 5 subgroups. That is a lot of players, so why not have the groups look at themselves, since you know they are in a group doing stuff together, just to give us a bit focus.

This does not mean there are not other ways to contribute or you can't look for scum outside your own group.

I think though that based on your posts and the posts from the rest of your group, you guys may be a lot more active than others. Two of ours haven't even opened the doc as far as I can tell.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

My claim still stands
How can it stand since he's not in your coalition?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Pander posted:

How can it stand since he's not in your coalition?

It is what you hu-mans call a joke. My circuits are wired to make such jokes in order to make the hu-mans more at ease.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Ixtlilton posted:

That's an interesting interpretation. Tell me exactly how you would answer both versions of that question.

I'm curious.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Asiina posted:

I think though that based on your posts and the posts from the rest of your group, you guys may be a lot more active than others. Two of ours haven't even opened the doc as far as I can tell.

We're a pretty chatty group, all in all. And we're all buddies! Except for that jerk DGK, who needs to talk more, and be buddies with us. Buddies! Yay!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

Thing is this is an ongoing thing. I don't expect the reads to be too good this early buts a thing as empires we should be asking ourselves every once in a while.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

QuoProQuid posted:

That's an interesting interpretation. Tell me exactly how you would answer both versions of that question.

I'm curious.

This seems like a question set up to call me scum no matter how I answer, but whatever. I told him literally what capps said, they are different things because Pander was implying you capps had said only doc stuff was usable when he didn't. Also, on my team I have 3 people who haven't posted in the thread and one who hasn't posted in the doc unless I'm forgetting someone, so probably one of the guys who's posted in there but not here for the total one and the guy who hasn't posted for the just doc one.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Ixtlilton posted:

This seems like a question set up to call me scum no matter how I answer, but whatever. I told him literally what capps said, they are different things because Pander was implying you capps had said only doc stuff was usable when he didn't. Also, on my team I have 3 people who haven't posted in the thread and one who hasn't posted in the doc unless I'm forgetting someone, so probably one of the guys who's posted in there but not here for the total one and the guy who hasn't posted for the just doc one.

Where did Capps say just the doc was to be used? This is a really weird explanation overall, methinks...

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Crazyeyes posted:

Where did Capps say just the doc was to be used? This is a really weird explanation overall, methinks...

HE DIDN'T, THAT'S THE POINT

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Ixtlilton posted:

HE DIDN'T, THAT'S THE POINT

It seems I misread your post. Carry on.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Ixtlilton posted:

I don't understand what you are saying here. Could you please try to be clearer?

My grievance with your earlier post is that it is that I don't know what you could think capps is referring to unless you are part of some other team. Nothing about your response makes sense unless it is a scum slip.

##vote: Ixt

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

QuoProQuid posted:

I don't understand what you are saying here. Could you please try to be clearer?

My grievance with your earlier post is that it is that I don't know what you could think capps is referring to unless you are part of some other team. Nothing about your response makes sense unless it is a scum slip.

What the gently caress? How? Capps literally said something that was different from what Pander said he said and we literally have a doc for our empires and how does that make me part of some other team? I explained that difference in my post. At least I was right about your motivation for asking the question, because holy poo poo it was obvious.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Ixtlilton posted:

What the gently caress? How? Capps literally said something that was different from what Pander said he said and we literally have a doc for our empires and how does that make me part of some other team? I explained that difference in my post. At least I was right about your motivation for asking the question, because holy poo poo it was obvious.

take a breath

use ur words

its going to be okay.

Why are you freaking out?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

QuoProQuid posted:

I think you're really getting the wrong end of the stick here

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

QuoProQuid posted:

take a breath

use ur words

its going to be okay.

Why are you freaking out?

I'm not, why are you intentionally being dense?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Meh. I'm loving thrilled with my team right now because we're all people that will play the part of this game that isn't mafia super seriously. And everyone who has posted in our chat is doing just that.

I'm leaving my vote for capps for two reasons.

1.) Pretty much everything that has been said in the thread so far. I think the idea of having to pick a member of our team that is 'scummiest' without trying to find scum is a stupid plan. If capps wanted to find scum, sure, but he even straight up says that he's not looking for scum, just scummy play.
2.) I seriously want to find out if busb put in conditionals for aragon falling with castille still alive. I wouldn't put it past him.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Ixtlilton posted:

Calm down. People are voting you because you are being really overly defensive. The only reason I'm not voting you is because you did the same exact thing as town one game when I was putting a little bit of pressure on you.

Your point is really dumb and is basically semantics.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Calm down. People are voting you because you are being really overly defensive. The only reason I'm not voting you is because you did the same exact thing as town one game when I was putting a little bit of pressure on you.

Your point is really dumb and is basically semantics.

There's one vote on me, YPM, and it wasn't for being overly defensive. But yes, it was semantics, but important semantics.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

mr.capps posted:

You just did this:

Its impossible for you not to think one of your players is a tad bit scummy. I didn't ask for someone you are sure is scum.

This is the quote I'm talking about with capps straight up saying, not looking for scum.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Ixtlilton posted:

I'm not, why are you intentionally being dense?

Someone in my CoalitionDoc just pointed out that when you said:

Ixtlilton posted:

"Team" you meant all of the players in the game. I was confused because I had never seen the playerbase referred to in such a way and had no idea what you were referring to, except some other faction that you were a part of.

I'm satisfied for the time being with your response now that I understand what you intended to say.

##Unvote

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Wait are people arguing over the difference between team and doc? Because that's like...the same thing?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
But what about EMPIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Amnistar posted:

Wait are people arguing over the difference between team and doc? Because that's like...the same thing?

It's D1 and there's nothing else to talk about. It seems like people jump on the most ridiculous stuff as scumtells.

Poque, shoot capps again so that things get interesting please.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Rarity posted:

It's D1 and there's nothing else to talk about. It seems like people jump on the most ridiculous stuff as scumtells.

Please do. I want to inherit his land.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Amnistar posted:

Yeah, some people were trying to use a crowbar to get some space between the terms because otherwise they'd be forced to agree that Capps was being scummy or something. Use of semantics to avoid making a read on someone.

I still like the meta defense of "Capps being capps!"

Rarity posted:

It's funny because I remember Capps flipping scum in some other game I played with him. He was probably doing capps things in that game too! It's almost as if saying he's doing Capps things is pretty worthless noise.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Rarity posted:

##vote Rarity

Getting interestinger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Rarity posted:

it IS kill capps month.... ... ......!!!

but no, because I like him and also I don't have a gun

• Locked thread