Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

##vote ypm

Sounds good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

VivaNova posted:

Ok so 50 can Sab me. Q can Sab Juan. 8 can do horrid nuclear tests in Kazakhstan. Everything good?

I don't have any problems with this.

##Vote: YPM

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Your Personal Muse, Malaysia, Empire-aligned, has been lynched Day 9 :coffee:
If successfully sabotages a nation that sent $ that day - gets a cop result. If successfully defends a sabotage sees what nation targetted it and their $IME

It is now Night 9.

There is 1 more phase left before the end of the game.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
I'm pouring out a cup of coffee for you, YPM.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Do we want to just coordinate in the thread?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
50 asked busb that before and he said no, but I tried to get everything sorted out here before hammer.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
:zombie:I forgot to claim cop to save myself:zombie:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Nobody died during the night!

It is now the final dayphase! What will you do ????

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

##BLAST OFF TO SPAAAAAACE

WE ARE NEO GREECE

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:ghost: :greenangel: :ghost:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
The brightly burning spaceship, SS Okto disappears into the vastness of space...

Eight Dollars, Greece, Empire-aligned has escaped to Alpha Centauri!
Greece: May purchase T with $ at 1.5x efficiency (2$ = 3T)

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
We could have blasted into space, but we wanted to help other empires get their win conditions.

Oh well, I'm afraid of space.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

:roboluv: Congrats fellow nations of great fortune. We who have left our bodies - who have joined the hexagons of NEO GREECE inside the GREAT COMPUTER - wish you well! :roboluv:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

God's speed, Neo-Greece. May your legacy live on for millennia.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Well there's not really any point continuing to see what the surviving nations want to do because they've worked it out anyway.

:siren:I hereby declare the game over!:siren:

The African Union has failed to achieve its full or partial win conditions. :smithcloud:
The Baltic Band failed to achieve it's full or partial win conditions. :human being:
The Imperialist Legion has achieved its full win. :freep:
The Mediterranean Federation has achieved its full win. :krakentoot:
The Javan Coalition has achieved its full win. :coffee:

Thus, with 3/5 empires achieving full wins, The Apostolic Order (scum) :dawkins101: has failed to achieve its full or partial win conditions

Tom Tucker and tearshed have accomplished a self-aligned partial victory. :omarcomin:

Night actions: (shudder) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dJ3Kq7zpChUL8Lys_kPrcD5DQVzZ7AjQ2_TKtW1rHhw/edit?usp=sharing

Sorry it kinda petered out at the end :( Hope some people had fun~

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Javan also had the most survivors, which was pretty cool. Only had to lose YPM to help another empire. :patriot:

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Okay now I really want to hear about that leaked pic thing.

Thanks busb for hosting this. It was an insane amount of effort and I had a ton of fun playing. Congrats to all townies!

Scum kinda all got sucked into protector roles which hurt them a ton. Other than Meinberg... who the MediFeds were joking was scum 80 rows into our doc.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I had a lot of fun but I want to say a big gently caress you to 50, Crazy, and Viva for screwing Africa for absolutely no reason.

We absolutely could have completed our wincon. We left Legion alone after they were cleared of scum and were working with you guys, but you killed us for absolutely no reason. You didn't even kill the scum, but two of the town players so we had no chance.

Viva convinced us to move away from our guaranteed scum kill of bowmore and then apparently had no problem with screwing us over after we had just helped her.

Fun game but screw you guys.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I had a blast. Something that really helped is that Viva/Quo and I decided to trust each other somewhat early in the game, and we kept some information away from JakeP and YPM (who wasn't as prolific of a poster, one reason we were careful). Viva was great as a diplomat, and a strategist along with Quo and the two of them were the empire MVPs.

I just made the counterfeit money as needed. :getin:

Thanks for the game, busb! I don't know how you managed to do it without screwing stats up. Oh wait, you did :argh: but seriously, amazing job. I enjoyed it very much. When the game started, and I looked at the list of empires, I completely expected Javan to be one of the first to get wiped out.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Javan Coalition Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PFiGwFYo2bZo7VyhRfiFx6dMkCyf_Xcs_Anhq4BdCiw/edit#gid=0

I look forward to reading everyone else's communications, especially the scum. What made you guys think that the screenshot thing was a good idea?

This game was fun. Unfortunately, I ended up getting distracted about two weeks in after a trip to Brussels and never really got as involved as I was before. VivaNova did a really phenomenal job as Head Diplomat and I attribute much of our success to her efforts.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Scum threw the game D2, the rest was a formality. Also, looking at the night actions doc I'm assuming scum had some other actions split between them? Also, I told you Tom didn't believe a word he was saying.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Meinberg :argh:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Juanito posted:

I had a blast. Something that really helped is that Viva/Quo and I decided to trust each other somewhat early in the game, and we kept some information away from JakeP and YPM (who wasn't as prolific of a poster, one reason we were careful). Viva was great as a diplomat, and a strategist along with Quo and the two of them were the empire MVPs.

I just made the counterfeit money as needed. :getin:

Thanks for the game, busb! I don't know how you managed to do it without screwing stats up. Oh wait, you did :argh: but seriously, amazing job. I enjoyed it very much. When the game started, and I looked at the list of empires, I completely expected Javan to be one of the first to get wiped out.

Haha. It was really nerve-wracking at times. After we got screwed over N1, I was in constant fear of elimination. It really spurred some long analyses and discussions in our empire doc.

The counterfeiting ability was cool. Java was really tempted to start trolling people. There were discussions about sending Rarity an infinite amount of fake money.

I do think that a Civilization 3 Mafia game needs to limit the amount of out of doc communication that happens because it allowed us to easily circumnavigate the scum and set up traps that the "uninformed majority" never should have been able to.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Want to make sure Rarity is okay with posting the doc before we post it but for you all rn...

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Here's the Africa Doc

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Analyzing the screenshot was a lot of fun for me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

The screenshot happened at line 240 of Day 2

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Juanito posted:

Analyzing the screenshot was a lot of fun for me.

I will never forgive the person responsible.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The Africa doc is just littered with beautiful freakouts.

Yuming ragequitting. Me getting super mad at Sandwolf and Bowmore for saying they were the only ones doing anything. Sandwolf losing his poo poo at me suggesting he might be scum.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Eight Dollars posted:

Want to make sure Rarity is okay with posting the doc before we post it but for you all rn...

I feel pretty bad that I had to drop out. Things are a bit more stable for me nowadays, I definitely would play again.

That photo drop was not something that us scum had discussed ahead of time, it was all Bowmore, and I don't think any of us, even he, were very happy about it after the fact.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Bowmore made up the image and thought it was a masterstroke of obfuscation and didn't realise he'd inadvertantly given away exactly who was scum.

It did lead to CSI: google docs which was a fun distraction.

The stats had too many moving parts and times of execution, none of the $1 here or there ever mattered at all, although i get it was annoying :(

The big mistake this game happened in the role PMs where the baltics were each told their self aligned powers, but what was left out was that they let through every attack if voted protector. I had no idea the clause wasn't told to the players until Grandi died, and i couldn't really go back in time and make him live.

Africans actually weren't far off their wincons, they were at something like 6/10 M, 7/10I, 4/10E sabotage, and could have gotten a partial pretty easily.

If Rarity killed 8bux instead of Tom then scum would have had a full victory too - as medifed wouldn't have been able to reach the end tech level.

A Civ 3 if it happens will probably not have a scumteam or a lynchphase, just be 100% strategy game and conflicting empire wincons. I'm completely burned out after this though so don't expect it soon, hell someone else can run it.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I looked at the setup doc, but I can't figure out why I lost 6 pop on night 4? I don't see anybody targeting my empire? I know I ended up as protector..

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

busb posted:

A Civ 3 if it happens will probably not have a scumteam or a lynchphase, just be 100% strategy game and conflicting empire wincons. I'm completely burned out after this though so don't expect it soon, hell someone else can run it.
:dance: :dance:

Do it now!!

Just kidding, but I'd love this game without scum.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

busb posted:

The big mistake this game happened in the role PMs where the baltics were each told their self aligned powers, but what was left out was that they let through every attack if voted protector. I had no idea the clause wasn't told to the players until Grandi died, and i couldn't really go back in time and make him live.

It was especially confusing because the pm I got with my 2 roleblocks specifically said I could use it during a night I was voted protector, implying I couldn't normally do anything then.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

busb posted:

If Rarity killed 8bux instead of Tom then scum would have had a full victory too - as medifed wouldn't have been able to reach the end tech level.

I was insanely lucky! If 50 had targeted me instead of capps or Rarity decided to start messing OR I decided to attack Rarity before she would have attacked me I'd be dead and scum would win. whewwwwwwwww

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Juanito posted:

I looked at the setup doc, but I can't figure out why I lost 6 pop on night 4? I don't see anybody targeting my empire? I know I ended up as protector..

JakeP invaded you but didn't do enough to kill you. Sometimes the night actions are long and get cut off by the cell end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

busb posted:

JakeP invaded you but didn't do enough to kill you. Sometimes the night actions are long and get cut off by the cell end.
Ah, thanks.

JakeP :argh:

• Locked thread