Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
We're gonna win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Confirming.

I don't know who's in my alliance, but I'm pretty sure that mr. Capps is the scummiest in our coalition.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

VivaNova posted:

You are in JavCo.
capps is MediFed.

My claim still stands

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Ixtlilton posted:

YPM, what's the question of the game?

There is no question, it's all a lie.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Pander posted:

How can it stand since he's not in your coalition?

It is what you hu-mans call a joke. My circuits are wired to make such jokes in order to make the hu-mans more at ease.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Ixtlilton posted:

What the gently caress? How? Capps literally said something that was different from what Pander said he said and we literally have a doc for our empires and how does that make me part of some other team? I explained that difference in my post. At least I was right about your motivation for asking the question, because holy poo poo it was obvious.

Calm down. People are voting you because you are being really overly defensive. The only reason I'm not voting you is because you did the same exact thing as town one game when I was putting a little bit of pressure on you.

Your point is really dumb and is basically semantics.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Remember when I said there wouldn't be a question of the game?

I lied.

~~~Question of the Game~~~

If your coalition was on fire and you could only save one person in your empire, who would you choose and why?

Please refrain from looking at my answer until you have answered it yourself.

I would save JakeP due to him entertaining me in mafia games

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Javans we need to trade all of our money for that stuff

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Pander posted:

I also still don't get

Why even say that? What's the point?

It was a joke. You see, it is a joke because I was saying that someone not in my coalition is the scummiest person in my coalition! Man what a riot! There wasn't a point.

This whole Amnistar scumslip is dumb. First of all 99% of scumslip aren't scumslips, and secondly, given amnistar's focus on the civ aspect of the game as opposed to he mafia aspect (which is what I gathered from one of his posts), I would suspect the whole "our empire can't win if town plays a perfect game" is from that same desire.

That being said, I think it's reasonable to assume that amni's group is more on the 3p of the scale, so perhaps we should take that into consideration.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Pander posted:

Except it wasn't funny at all. Like, there's no expectation that any audience would look at that and go "yep, good joke".

Ok, I guess. What does me making a joke that you don't approve of have to do with me being scum?

Sandwolf posted:

First point, I actually agree with and moves me off of Amnistar p. much completely.

Second point, really bad. Why would you try and push 5 dudes into the "3P" spectrum?

From the way he's acting. Granted, I'm making assumptions and basing it off of my wincon, and I'm certainly not calling for a lynch or for us to change our night actions necessarily to counteract or destroy them, it just seems to me it is wise to use the fact that amni stated that his wincon could not be achieved with a perfect town victory (even if he was mistaken) as evidence that his coalition is on the 3p side of the spectrum.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
The rules thread stated that coalitions will be on a town---->3p spectrum.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Crazyeyes posted:

That is no different than the standard mafia rules that state "There may be 3rd party in the game".

I'm fairly confident from the last civ game that some coalitions are more focused on harming other coalition than others, and therefore would be considered more 3p.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Crazyeyes posted:

I don't know how that differs from my own point on the subject...

So why are you arguing with me? I was saying that amni's group is probably more 3p

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Lampsacus posted:

Oh 2 games whoops!
Yeah true.

Lynch all liars

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Grandicap posted:

YPM, I think you are scum for reasons I can not put my finger on. Can you tell me what it is?

Because I have not actively scumhunted, instead I have been defending people that you may think are scum would be my guess.

Or you're dumb and I hate you

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

bowmore posted:

it's the avatar

Incorrect the avatar makes me townie.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

DGK2000 posted:

That, VivaNova.

It was an over explanation because Pander was being ridiculous. Also what does that have to do with voting viva?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Ixtlilton posted:

It's funny because someone who's not in his empire is the scummiest person in his empire. I got it right away.

Thanks, I knew you were good for something

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Asiina posted:

I'm so confused by this conversation.

Did people really not get that YPM was joking or is everyone just playing the straight man in this farce.

I think people truly believe I am the dumbest man in mafia.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
So I decided to lay down my thoughts because I'm rather bored right now. So...

Grandicap posted:

YPM, I think you are scum for reasons I can not put my finger on. Can you tell me what it is?

I think this is a gotcha question. If I answered with substance, grandi claims that I'm too self aware as a town, or as he put it, that I am over explaining things and proclaim me scum. If I avoided the question, I'm scum who didn't want to draw attention to himself. I think this was designed to give him an easy case on me that he could hide behind day 1.

I don't like Pander right now, but not as much as I hate grandi. There was something odd about his questioning of my joke. It could be that he was just putting pressure on me to see how I would react, but I feel as though town would wait until something more of substance than my ~~confirmation post~~ to put pressure on. I think pander was hoping that I would slip up in some minor way and that he could pounce on it, which seems scummy to me. The other points that people have made about Pander are also valid.

I don't agree with the case on Mein.

I think CE's argument over the 3p thing with me was weird and I don't like it.

I think Lamp's worry that no one would believe the claim about the number of games he's played is scummy. But I distrust newbies.

So I guess I do the OMGUS? ##vote Grandi

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Tom Tucker posted:

Why does this thought come out of nowhere?

Except it comes right after I just made a case on him.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Tom Tucker posted:

Not really, you mention him, then you insert a lot of fluff between it and the vote, then don't even mention the actual 'case' when voting him instead phrasing it as a question and acknowledging it as a tainted vote. The phrasing here irks me. I am curious why you chose to separate them and the best I can tell is that you listed a bunch of ideas then just sat on one, which is not a very effective way of playing.

For the record I don't think this makes you scum but it sure as heck doesn't make your points convincing.

Your estimation of me just listing a bunch of idea and sitting on one is pretty much spot on. I don't plan on trying to get grandi murdered simply because I don't feel it's a great case, it was more so people could see where I stood and engage in words with me over them.

I plan on going back and making an actual case when we get closer to deadline, but right now I don't really feel it's necessary to dig in and start a war over anyone right now

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Anyone around who wants to chat?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Hiya bowmore. Who are the scum?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

bowmore posted:

damned if I know, I'm letting this first day be a settling period and then making some judgement calls I think

But I'm kinda thinking of voting Sandwolf because his vote on me was lame

But we are in the same group and I don't want to mess with that just yet so I'm in a pickle there

Can you tell me who the scum are? I'd appreciate it soooo much <3

I'm kinda in the same boat. I deleted the pm where bush told me who the scum were like a moron.

I hate grandi and Pander mostly. I talked about grandi and I have a very specific reason I think he should die (his stupid question)

Let's talk about Pander though, since I don't have a grasp on the man. What do you think of Pander?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Your Personal Muse posted:

I'm kinda in the same boat. I deleted the pm where busb told me who the scum were like a moron.

I hate grandi and Pander mostly. I talked about grandi and I have a very specific reason I think he should die (his stupid question)

Let's talk about Pander though, since I don't have a grasp on the man. What do you think of Pander?

Mafia edit, although I giggled at the thought that the former president told me who the scum were.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

bowmore posted:

Pander looks like he is trying to force people into mistakes so he has something he can use

I think that's my big problem with him, but I don't know if he's pressuring people or doing what you said. Have you had any experience with pander as scum?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

bowmore posted:

I can't remember tbh

Well I'm glad that I'm not the only one who sees pander for what he really is: a bully.

Also possibly scum.

Anyway I'm going to bed byeeeeee

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Ernie. posted:

I'm in a weird parallel universe aren't I? How is this a bad thing? The inherent assumption with these posts is that Pander is also targeting townies exclusively to get them to slip up, and I have a lot of difficulty digesting that given the people he's singled out.

The problem is more *what* exactly Pander is chasing. Take a look at what he went for with my stuff. He pressured me on my confirmation joke post. It doesn't seem that Pander is pressuring anything of substance, just things that might look bad for someone.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Meinberg: He always is awkward and scummy to me. When he starts hiding behind it I'll start to worry but for now he reads as meinberg to me.

Asiina: I don't like how she buddied up to me, but that may be because I am a cool dude and she wants to be friends with me. I didn't think the meinberg case was the egregious though, so I am not as suspicious as everyone else is.

I've discussed Pander and I haven't noticed Sandwolf.

I think dgk may be on to something about Yuming, but she may be ~~~busy~~~ which may explain her unplaying. The problem is when she has posted it hasn't been very good. She may very well be the scum we are looking for.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I'm ok with yuming's reaction.

##vote Pander

At this point, I think pander is the best bet. I think he has been trying to trip people up to build a fake case on them, and enough people have had a gut "something is wrong" feeling on him to make me confident that this isn't his normal MO.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

yuming posted:

Salsa is done and spicier than expected-- just like my posting last page. :sparkles:

So here's the thing, I am frustrated because I was trying to catch up on the thread, posted responses to people who had directly addressed me as a starting point and then was planning to continue reading from there. I made like two posts and get jumped on for OMG LURK. Now I've mostly cooled down and want to contribute reads, but I honestly don't have anything brilliant to add to the discussion. I'm not the only one who's been busy, and there are a lot of posters I don't have a good read on.

The result of my read through so far is "hmmm QPQ idk, Pander idk, let me look at Meinberg I guess."

I also had a mild bad feeling on Viva but I haven't developed it.

So annoyed~

So do you not agree with the analysis of Pander jumping on people to try and get them to slip up?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Tom Tucker posted:

Someone give me 20 words on why we should lynch Pander?

Putting my mouth where my money is and going with my only gut read right now. Just splashing some holy water on her and glaring does nothing.

##vote Yuming

He has been pressuring people on relatively inconsequential matters that makes it seem like he is trying to get slip ups from people that he can use for cases instead of real scum hunting.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

yuming posted:

Well what else am I supposed to do, people want me to make a case I don't have a great read but I'm not scum.

I'm stuck in a bad place that's stressed me out and there's nothing I can do to make myself look better because I'm trapped in a lovely meta logic argument with players like QPQ and DGK. I am trying to force an alternative but I know I don't have a good read because the nature of this game doesn't lend to scum having to stick their necks out in the thread. Wires are going to get crossed in a game like this where it's hard to tell if someone is acting the way they do out of interest for their empire, or for scum motivations.

So where I'm at is upset me and on the edge of trying to replace out, but I've been all worked up about it for so long and it's so close to deadline that it seems like a waste.

I do want to play but I don't want to deal with this.

I'd vote Yuming tomorrow based on this post.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Ernie. posted:

Yuming is generally more playful as scum.

Think more "NOooooo~~ I AM NOT SCUM, I AM SO TOWN :sun:"

Not "gently caress you and gently caress everyone and gently caress mafia and i should not play"

It's not based on meta or whatever. It's simply that it is clear she isn't getting lynched. Right now it's pander/TT or no lynch. Those are the options of what we are facing. Furthermore, there had been a flurry of defenses on her behalf recently, which would be evidence that momentum was shifting away from her. But her reacting like she was destined to be lynched and that people were being unreasonable seems scummy to me. Scum have survival first and foremost on their mind (although writing this down, it occurs to me that this game is different in that regard since everyone has additional goals, so I am less certain of her scumminess) and that post reveals that mindset.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Who doesn't want to murder TT? I would like to verbally spar with you.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Eight Dollars posted:

Let's wait until Tremendous Taste at least reads through the thing and posts again. Or not, whichever's funnier.

Allow me to give you his thoughts upon a reread.

"Hi I'm Tremendous Taste and I would like to no lynch"

There now we don't have to wait.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Ernie. posted:

It's me, I'm the guy who thinks the case 'HE PRESSURED SOMEONE' is ridiculous.

Look at his "pressure" on me. He "pressured" me on my confirmation post joke, citing mostly that he didn't get it. Everything that he "pressured" on had nothing to do with scumminess.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Ernie. posted:

I don't like how much you're pushing this. I'd understand the motivation of 'we have to cuddle someone' but I feel like you're more happy with who the someone is than anything.

I like playing with TT, it's fun to have someone around that I have a feud with (I don't think he knows we are feuding though). I want him murdered because I think he is scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Tremendous Taste posted:

get off my dick YPM

go ahead and lynch me because pander's an impatient jerk or you know actually do work

No.

Who's the scum?

• Locked thread