Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'm okay with this group too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yDrtNEr_5M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Confirmed! Everyone stop being scummy for a second so I can tell who's scum.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

mr.capps posted:

even meinberg said your people were jerks and he is just a kindly old man

You had me thinking he was the Ottoman Empire for a second there and checking to see that he's Egypt made me sad.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Crazyeyes posted:

Real talk: This line of inquiry does nothing but seek to divide the nations and sew malcontent/distrust. This is a game based heavily on teamwork much more than standard mafia and it only benefits scum to be working towards that break down in teamwork as you are attempting here.

Wait, what? Encouraging active scumhunting regardless of team doesn't benefit scum at all, are you crazy?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Crazyeyes posted:

That's not active scum hunting.

No it wasn't, but capps was encouraging it, seriously, I can't tell if you're scum here, but you taking peoples' words and making them say something they aren't is really scummy and one of the reasons you were such an easy lynch the last game we played together and you really should stop doing it.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Crazyeyes posted:

Alternatively: Stop assuming your assumed scum tells apply to me. I was town in that game as well if you recall.

I'm not, again, you keep doing this thing where you almost wi;lfully completely misinterpret people's words. I was telling something you do is objectively scummy and called it a null tell for you, read posts.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'm pretty sure he said scummiest on your team, not in your doc.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Pander posted:

That's bullshit. The implication was pretty clear. See below.

mr.capps posted:

hey other empires who is your scummiest player?

ours is mein

Still right :colbert:

Also, he didn't say it was the only way to contribute, so you're being hyperbolic regardless.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

YPM, what's the question of the game?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

QuoProQuid posted:

That's an interesting interpretation. Tell me exactly how you would answer both versions of that question.

I'm curious.

This seems like a question set up to call me scum no matter how I answer, but whatever. I told him literally what capps said, they are different things because Pander was implying you capps had said only doc stuff was usable when he didn't. Also, on my team I have 3 people who haven't posted in the thread and one who hasn't posted in the doc unless I'm forgetting someone, so probably one of the guys who's posted in there but not here for the total one and the guy who hasn't posted for the just doc one.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Crazyeyes posted:

Where did Capps say just the doc was to be used? This is a really weird explanation overall, methinks...

HE DIDN'T, THAT'S THE POINT

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

QuoProQuid posted:

I don't understand what you are saying here. Could you please try to be clearer?

My grievance with your earlier post is that it is that I don't know what you could think capps is referring to unless you are part of some other team. Nothing about your response makes sense unless it is a scum slip.

##vote: Ixt

What the gently caress? How? Capps literally said something that was different from what Pander said he said and we literally have a doc for our empires and how does that make me part of some other team? I explained that difference in my post. At least I was right about your motivation for asking the question, because holy poo poo it was obvious.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

QuoProQuid posted:

take a breath

use ur words

its going to be okay.

Why are you freaking out?

I'm not, why are you intentionally being dense?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Your Personal Muse posted:

Calm down. People are voting you because you are being really overly defensive. The only reason I'm not voting you is because you did the same exact thing as town one game when I was putting a little bit of pressure on you.

Your point is really dumb and is basically semantics.

There's one vote on me, YPM, and it wasn't for being overly defensive. But yes, it was semantics, but important semantics.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Pander posted:

Yeah, some people were trying to use a crowbar to get some space between the terms because otherwise they'd be forced to agree that Capps was being scummy or something. Use of semantics to avoid making a read on someone.

That's not what was happening, you were twisting his words in an extremely hyperbolic way, and there is a difference.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Pander posted:

I wasn't twisting his words you nincompoop. He asked people to list scummy people in their empire. ANYONE could do that if you rely on in thread. It pretty clearly is "give us all the dope intel that we can't otherwise get", or he might as well just be saying "everyone list someone scummy in the thread". If he didn't care about OOT stuff, then it's pretty lovely of him to be too lazy to point out scummy stuff other people are doing in the thread himself. OOT stuff is the only reason to specify that people call other people in their empire scummy.

Also, "extremely hyperbolic"? Irony.

I was assuming he was trying to get us to overcome the natural tendency to overlook those we have a common cause with for the first day and then get stuck in a rut of not taking a closer look at them, not the OOT stuff. I mean, he got into that later, which I missed at the time and when you pointed out I conceded he mentioned it, but that wasn't the intention I got out of his thing.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Not to mention assuming a perfect game takes 5 days to lynch all scum, we still have two more days before we reach world peace.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Meinberg posted:

Generally speaking, I find that the "too scummy to be scum" argument is typically fallacious. In addition, I have no idea who Amnistar is or how he plays. In the absence of a meta to support an alternative interpretation, the scum slip argument, mostly in regard to thinking predicated on a presumed knowledge of the number of scum in the game, is the most valid one to my own perspective.

While I will acknowledge that it is possible that he was working from an assumption that he had come to believe was verified, his statements to this effect felt very forced to me, and made my gut be all like, "nuh uh, this guy ain't telling the truth." My gut is not quite as eloquent as the rest of me.

Preview Edit:

Just come in and talk to yourself. It's a cool thing to do.

No it's not Meinberg, when people do things that they know will attract negative attention to themselves it's a valid argument. Look at Virigoth's justification for lynching Magnus vs. the scum's justifications in merk's game, Virigoth gives the real answer that Mags got lynched for being a fuckhead, the scum gave the answer they thought he was scum. Virigoth got NK'd by the SK because of people like you who don't understand these things. And guessing the number of scum players in a post like that is so far from a scum slip even if it's right it's not even funny, you guys aren't this bad.

And for Pander, OOC vs. in your empire aside, how is capps asking for us to look at our empire for the scummiest person scummy at all? Seriously, answer me that. It's to the benefit of his empire to the detriment of scum, it's the least scummy thing you could be doing.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Pander posted:

Asking people to look in their empire isn't scummy. Insisting that there HAD to be such a person was.

Fair enough.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Ernie. posted:

qpq is confirmed town, he's the only one who saw the noise for what it is

You do realize that pretty much all of D1 mafia is based off of how people interact with "noise", right? How does that make him confirmed town?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Ernie. posted:

because he felt exactly the same way i did

also note: crazyeyes is a loving rear end in a top hat, but we all knew that anyway, back to mafia

How does someone recognizing something as noise make them not scum?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

VivaNova posted:

I meant I still don't GET it.

It's funny because someone who's not in his empire is the scummiest person in his empire. I got it right away.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Wait, I know a way to solve this dating back to the 4th millenia BCE, where the oral tradition was strong and the legends could determine the guilt of any man or woman: Viva, how would you play this game differently if you were scum?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Your Personal Muse posted:

I think people truly believe I am the dumbest man in mafia.

Hey, I only thought that for like a week, tops.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

VivaNova posted:

Second quote I have no idea, but the answer is 'I would threaten to cut the baby in two'.

You really don't remember that time Ernie asked you that when you were scum and we lynched you D1? Truly a fool-proof plan. Anyway, unless I'm thinking of someone else this isn't Viva's scum style so far.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Wow, yuming baring the fangs itt. How was everyone's weekend?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

mr.capps posted:

My vote is based on your tone and behavior, not what you are saying.

What about her tone and behavior is scummy for yuming?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

yuming's irritation seems genuine and knowing yuming's dislike of playing scum, I don't think she's scum. And this isn't her "scum scrambling under pressure" response, and all the votes on her look scummy to me, so I'm not voting yuming today.

Ernie seemed genuine in his "confirmed town" thing on QPQ, stupid though it may be, 'cause the guy's been scummy all day imo.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

mr.capps posted:

"yuming's irritation seems genuine and knowing yuming's dislike of playing scum, I don't think she's scum." She dislikes playing scum and is irritated, but she isn't scum because she dislikes it? What?

Yes. She's not scum because she wouldn't be so genuinely annoyed as scum, it's really not a stretch.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

mr.capps posted:

But she would be, because she dislikes being scum.

She wouldn't be irritated at being voted. At least not the way she has been.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

mr.capps posted:

So she is town because she likes being town, but gets irritated at being voted.
So when she is scum she dislikes being scum, and feels ok doesn't get really pissed off about being voted for stupid poo poo.

ftfy.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

mr.capps posted:

So no matter what yuming is irritated or disliking the game, ok

ummm, no.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

capps, you aren't this stupid.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

mr.capps posted:

Why can't yuming be irritated at being scum, and say its because she wasvoted?

Did you even see her response? That's not a sublimation of "argh, I'm scum again", that's being loving pissed.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

mr.capps posted:

But with your admission that she dislikes being scum she could be channeling that emotional energy from there.

capps, please read my last post again. She wasn't doing that. As someone who dislikes playing scum, the feeling you get when you roll scum is so far from what she was expressing there I'm confident that's not what was happening there.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

In context, and with it being yuming we're talking about it was a pretty clear "hey, gently caress you, I play this game for fun, at least read my posts if you're going to be an rear end in a top hat", I don't think I've ever seen yuming snap at someone like that as scum. And then multiple people jumped on her second comment in scummy ways, and all the people voting on her looked scummy doing so, so yeah, I don't think she's scum.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

That's busb's way of telling us we should no-lynch.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

bowmore posted:

Or Pander was scared of being lynched so replaced out?

He said his life was crazy in his other game and that he'd replace out there if it wasn't lategame, so I doubt it.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I won't be around past 9, but I'm alright with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

yuming posted:

HEY SO TOM TUCKER.

But I just elected him for being a chill bro who doesn't play much who came with Grandi's recommendation.

• Locked thread