Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmistress: Minerva McGonagall, (Order of Merlin, First Class)

Dear student,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl or freepost envelope by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Goodwin Nitt, Deputy Headmaster and Ministry of Magic Liason

Welcome to a magical world of adventure!

What's all this then?

As you've hopefully gathered this is a game set in the world of Harry Potter and you all will be brand new students at Hogwarts. The game system is Fate Accelerated Edition, a pretty speedy system which can be found here: http://www.evilhat.com/home/fae/ It is available for free but really you should toss something their way as gratitude for developing the system. Use the standard character construction rules they provide and feel free to ask any questions you like, although I must admit I'm not a master of the Fate system. I'm undecided about whether to have everyone in the same house or to allow a split; tell me what you think about it.

The game will be set five years after the books and the wizarding world has moved on quite well from the horrors of the second wizarding war. Magic is still secret from muggles, the Ministry of Magic is now running with a more co-operative approach in general; to muggles, internationally and towards Hogwarts, Britain is far from Dark magic free but with Voldemort (yes wizards call him that now) defeated the forces of darkness were once again split amongst themselves and those that tried to openly continue the terror of the war were quickly stopped, one way or another. Hogwarts as a building quickly repaired itself (Filch now realises the only thing worse than students at Hogwarts are dark wizards) but as an institution it's taken many more years to establish itself once more, for the students and staff to settle, to develop a cirriculum and get back to teaching as a priority. Minerva has led this effort magnificently and she thinks it's nearly complete. Many of the surviving teachers have stayed on, and the education format of OWLs and NEWTs are maintained although Muggle Studies has been replaced with Muggle Relations, which is a core subject for all students right from first year and deals with the ethical, moral and organisational issues arising from the differences between the magical and muggle world.

Your characters are 11 year old witches and wizards, they can be muggle or wizard born and due to Britains' wizards new internationalist perspective, they also take students from other countries (although they are still vastly in the minority, even in such small intakes like Hogwarts). You were all pretty young during the war, so your memories won't be particularly clear of the time but you may well have lost a family member or there's a part of your family that you don't speak of any more, maybe you've got an older sibling who experienced it a bit more, but generally the tone I want the game to be is somewhat similar to the earlier books; memories of a dark past throughout but primarily adventures and a sense of positivity and growth in terms of whats happening now.

I've got a rough plot for the first year and a few little events for the players to get to grips with but generally I want lots of character driven interaction, you suggesting activities to go and do, people to disagree with, basically make your own problems a lot of the time (although I'm sure the FATE system will help there). If I think it's appropriate I might well just post your dice rolls and let you fill in all of the narrative, depending on how well that works. If we're really lucky I might be able to do all seven years of stories...

If you've got any more questions just ask away.

Oh and the title of the first year thread? Hogwarts and the Crystal Mysteries

namesake fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Aw yeah, A Hogwarts game! I'm gonna whip up some sort of student from a blended Muggle/Wizard family, who tries to bring some modern sensibilities to Hogwarts, based on the stories told by older siblings. Because cripes, it's the 21st century. Regarding the House situation, it would most likely be more conducive to group adventures to have everyone in the same House, because otherwise, it seems as though its difficult to freely socialize with students from differing Houses...

FewtureMD fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 6, 2014

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

All Hufflepuff game or bust. :colbert:

Bacon In A Wok
Jan 27, 2014
Ephraim Shafiq-Briain, Pureblood Outcross

Ephraim's a pureblood scion, and can trace his ancestry back through an unbroken line of wizards on both sides of his family for several generations. Unlike what his parents refer to as the 'self-satisfied Sacreds', though, Ephraim's close relatives believe both in venturing far and wide (to the point where he has Inuit and Afrikaans aunts and a Maori uncle) and in also using the magegift to actively serve the magical community, rather than just expecting to be lauded for their bloodlines. Ephraim himself is fairly headstrong, even reckless - he wheedled his parents into enrolling him in Hogwarts over their initial intentions of sending him off to Alexandria or Hwang-Gung, and is under a bit of self-imposed pressure to justify his choice. He's capable, driven, well-to-do, generous of spirit, and drowning in so much privilege it's almost scary.

Why He'd Make A Good Gryffindor: Because he's inclined to speak up for himself and to not accept anyone else's limits on what he can do and be. And because he's got just the right mix of knowledge and naive daring to try things that should be impossible, just to see if they work anyway.

Why He'd Make A Good Hufflepuff: Because he's got noblesse oblige, in spades. And because he's not about to just handle the letter of others' requests, but instead try to understand the spirit of what they need (even if it's not what they're asking for, or think they want).

Why He'd Make A Good Ravenclaw: Because his family background has exposed him to about twelve different traditions of wizardry, and he sees nothing wrong with borrowing from all of them. And because he's seen that even the best-born wizard who slacks off gets beaten out by his cousin who has similar bloodlines and the drive to learn and succeed.

Why He'd Make A Good Slytherin: Blood purity. A weird mongrelized kind of blood purity, but undeniable blood purity. And because when you get down to it, the family tradition of "do the best you can in service to the magical community" still involves a whole lot of base ambition to get in a position to provide the best service.

Likely approaches: Flashy +3, Forceful +2, Quick +2, Clever +1, Careful +1, Sneaky +0

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

How will magic be done in the game?

Will it be something like "You learn [Harry Potter Spell] and can use it with a roll" or will there be something more involved?

Might as well post up my submission.

-----

Jacqueline Tanzer

A girl from a Muggle family. Her getting that letter was the most awesome amazing incredible thing ever! Magic is real! And more importantly, she can use it! It didn't take much to convince her parents to let her go. From there it was a simple matter of getting the materials and preparing. And prepare she did, devour every single book on the wizarding world she could get her hands on (Holy crap the pictures move.) and get ready for her awesome new life as the most amazing wizard ever.

It's going to be a blast!

pre:
High Concept: Emthusiastic Newcomer
Touble: Acts Without Thinking

Other Aspects:
Stranger in a Magic Land
Young Nerd in Training
Explosive Booksmarts

Flashy +3 
Clever +2
Forceful +2
Quick +1
Sneaky +1
Careful +0

Stunts: 

If it's not Flashy it's not Magic: Gains a +2 to rolls when casting big flashy magic. (As in spells that
make loud noises, explosions, and other big effects)
I Remember Reading That: Once per session I can find a book to reveal an aspect of a problem

Refresh: 3
Why she belongs in...

Gryffindor: She's always not thinking about the consequence ready to charge in at a moment's notice in order to do great things. No dark magic or creepy thing is going to stop her!

Hufflepuff: One thing about her is that she's definitely going to to be working hard. She was completely ignorant of the magical world, yet she's strived to be the best she can, through effort and a lot of study.

Ravenclaw: She read The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 1 from cover to cover the minute she bought it. She's incredibly studious and fairly clever.

Slytherin: Becoming the best wizard ever. She has her ambitions and dreams, even if they're simple right now. She's not going to let anything stand in her way of them. Even if she has to make something blow up to accomplish it.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 6, 2014

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Ricardo Nunez

Muggle-born. American. And blissfully unaware of anything that's going on in the wizarding world. When the letter from Hogwarts came, his parents believed it was just a strange boarding school to send him off to a perfect chance to shape their seemingly troubled young boy into something more respectable. Better than his father's idea of shipping him off to military school, at any rate.

This whole "magic" thing blows his mind a bit, but then again, so do half the things he's told people embroiled in the so-called "wizarding world" about Muggle inventions.

pre:
Ricardo Nunez

High Concept: A Decidedly Non-Magical Wizard In Training

Trouble: Fish About As Far From Water As It Gets

Aspects:

Muggle Ingenuity
Wizarding children grew up with things like "Fantastic 
Beasts and Where to Find Them" and "Quidditch Stories". 
Ricardo grew up with "How Things Work" and "The Anarchist's 
Cookbook" (thoughtfully left by his older brother who 
joined the Marine Corps).  This can prove useful, 
especially considering most wizards don't learn 
spells for the majority of that sort of thing until 
much later in the Hogwarts curriculum...
Invoke to: solve wizarding problems in non-magical ways
Compel to: "Nope, this one's all magic, I don't know anything about it"

Original Prankster
Ricardo's also more than a fair bit of a prankster, in 
the ways that would make Weasley brothers glow with pride.  
Starting a prank war with him would be...problematic 
for all involved.
Invoke to: Prank all day, every day
Compel to: "It really wasn't me, I swear," "No, it was just a joke, don't be so serious"

Juvenile Delinquency
And last but not least, Ricardo's a bit of a delinquent.   
Growing up the youngest in a house full of boys taught 
him a lot about "borrowing" things, "wrestling around," 
and being bold enough to tell people bigger than you to step off.
Invoke to: Brawl, steal, do things not expected of Hogwarts students
Compel to: Be the first one blamed when something goes wrong, 
serve extra detention on principle

Approaches:
Forceful +3
Clever +2
Careful +2
Flashy +1
Sneaky +1
Quick +0

Stunts:

I Cast Fist: Ricardo gets +2 to Forcefully 
physically attack someone that has started an altercation with a spell.

Guerrilla Prank Warfare: Once per session, 
assuming suitable planning and preparation beforehand, 
Ricardo can declare a (non-harmful) prank goes off 
against a target or NPC, placing a suitable Aspect 
on them for the scene.
Why He Belongs In...

Gryffindor: Ricardo's perpetually the underdog, but he's never afraid to step up when the chips are down, and he's always got a way to try to solve a problem. If anything, reckless heroism is definitely in his future, with the right guidance...

Hufflepuff: Ricardo is loyal to a fault, and growing up in a house full of siblings means he's definitely picked up an ear for sympathizing with people's problems and providing support. Not to mention, he's always got an eye for finding things that everyone else believes lost...

Ravenclaw: Ricardo's smart as a whip. Sure, he's not the most magically learned, but he doesn't need to be - he makes up for it by being knowledgeable in other fields that are just as useful, if not more so in certain circumstances.

Slytherin: Delinquency, delinquency, delinquency. Ricardo could definitely be sinister and secretive, if he put some effort into it. And what ends his skills get pushed to is definitely a matter of who's around during these precious, formative years...

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Bacon In A Wok posted:

Ephraim Shafiq-Briain, Pureblood Outcross

Ok interesting, I like the little bits of worldbuilding you've put in. Just to be clear is his family currently British or is he coming as a foreign student? I see you've started a trend in 'Why they belong in W,X,Y or Z' but unless those are intended to be Aspects I still need those and any Stunts.

Dr Pepper posted:

How will magic be done in the game?

Will it be something like "You learn [Harry Potter Spell] and can use it with a roll" or will there be something more involved?

A good question, right now I'm intending to have a Course Syllabus of spells that'll be Mediocre for you all to perform at any time and will be updated as the year progresses. You'll be free to try and use any other magic (or potions) that you can think of (it won't have had to be in the books but please use butchered latin!) but I'll be keeping the difficulty quite high. Stunts will be very useful if you feel you really need to access a particular kind of spell.

If the magic is purely narrative in function like spellchecking (drat that's a good pun) an essay or packing a suitcase then go ahead although since you'll be first years try to keep it reasonable.

quote:

Jacqueline Tanzer

Looking fine but can you give me an example of when you'd invoke Stranger in a Magic Land?

His parents would have to be pretty dense not to question the book and potion ingredients lists (how did he get them? From Diagon Alley or is there an American equivalent?). Overall he seems a bit (ok, very) disruptive and aggressive, how do you intend to play him? I don't want every school scene to end with him in detention for taking a swing at someone. Also remember stealing is forbidden at Hogwarts!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

namesake posted:

Looking fine but can you give me an example of when you'd invoke Stranger in a Magic Land?

Let's say for example the son of the Minister of Magic is being a jerk, nobody's doing much because of his bigshot parent. Jacqueline on the other hand, has no idea what's the deal with this punk and invoke the aspect to confront him.

Or let's say one of the teachers gets the idea of hiding sensitive info in a computer, since Wizards are terrible with any sort of tech and all. She could invoke this and be able to use it to find the info.

It's basically an "Outsider" aspect, so situations that would harm or help her from not being part of the culture are when it's compelled/invoked.

namesake posted:

A good question, right now I'm intending to have a Course Syllabus of spells that'll be Mediocre for you all to perform at any time and will be updated as the year progresses. You'll be free to try and use any other magic (or potions) that you can think of (it won't have had to be in the books but please use butchered latin!) but I'll be keeping the difficulty quite high. Stunts will be very useful if you feel you really need to access a particular kind of spell.

This sounds pretty good. So basically at the beginning of the year we'll be struggling to cast the year's spells and have to use Invokes and Stunts in order to succeed when it really counts but by the end we'll have a goof general mastery of thr sets.

namesake posted:

If the magic is purely narrative in function like spellchecking (drat that's a good pun) an essay or packing a suitcase then go ahead although since you'll be first years try to keep it reasonable.

Yeah this is reasonable. Basically the sort of things Harry and Co were able to do in the first book.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 7, 2014

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?

namesake posted:

His parents would have to be pretty dense not to question the book and potion ingredients lists (how did he get them? From Diagon Alley or is there an American equivalent?). Overall he seems a bit (ok, very) disruptive and aggressive, how do you intend to play him? I don't want every school scene to end with him in detention for taking a swing at someone. Also remember stealing is forbidden at Hogwarts!

1) They probably didn't even look at it in too much detail, likely leaving it to one of his siblings after seeing the initial offer of taking him to Hogwarts. From there, enclosed directions (he IS a Muggle-born, after all, and without someone like Hagrid to guide him) probably would have taken him to an American equivalent of Diagon Alley. Something like a magical flea market or strip mall.

2) I don't plan on hammering on the whole "delinquent all the time" kind of thing. He's a good kid, he just doesn't take well to other kids being mean or anything. Basically, getting into brawls with other students in his previous schools was a result of him standing up for himself/someone else, and getting in trouble through a zero-tolerance policy, with his parents probably not even reading the disciplinary paperwork. As for disruptiveness, the pranks will (hopefully) be a thing, but not one I'm gonna lean on too much - basically, when a situation needs some levity (or someone needs to be screwed with), he'll start the whole thing. Essentially, I'll be playing his pranks like he's Fred/George Weasley, just with a distinctly less magical flair.

As for any other indicators of how I'd be playing him (and this IS just a reference, not gonna be lifting wholesale or anything), basically a cross of the Weasley brothers and Seamus Finnegan.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

This guy didn't go to Hogwarts.

DON'T BE THAT GUY! Apply now!

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
If you want more apps, it's generally considered a good idea to post in the Trad Games Recruitment Megathread. Just throwing it out there. The Game Room moves quick as hell, and most of the apps and potential apps for the thread now only exist because of word-of-mouth through IRC.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

My app is incoming, I just have to deal with some academic responsibilities first...

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
If I can get my new laptop to actually read the FAE files then I will have an app up soon, but it is proving to be more difficult then expected.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

My first time with FAE, so I'm having to read and re-read these rules to figure out exactly how everything works, but I have something in mind I'm just trying to flesh out from "general idea" into "character I could actually use"

e: and so far I have nothing.

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 12, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dammit, I'm in enough PbPs already, I don't need this... :negative:

I'll probably come up with something in the next couple days.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I don't think I'll have the time for this with all my other stuff I have going on (mostly because of having to learn a third game system instead of just flying through it like I could with GURPS or d20), but you can bet that I'll be watching the thread like a hawk; I'm a big Harry Potter fan. I may even join later down the line if recruitment is open and I lose some obligations.

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011
I would have thought that enclosed with the letter would be directions for getting to Diagon Alley - I mean, they've had quite a few muggle born wizards, and while they can't all get the guided tour, I'm fairly sure they'd realise that someone from a muggle family wouldn't know how to get there. And on that note, I reckon I'll go ahead and create a "half and half" wizard.

As to learning a system, don't worry chitoryu - FATE is already pretty rules light, and FAE is the "rules light" version of FATE, so...

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

This sounds like a hell of a fun game. FATE: Hufflepuff Edition would be hilarious though, I agree.

Yannick van der Rijn

A Dutch half-blood, his family moved from Amsterdam before he turned six. His mother is a witch and his father was a mechanic before he passed away in a car accident. He has had many a problem with bullying due to his accent, and so lost it as soon as possible. When he received his letter for Hogwarts, he felt relief that he may finally get some real friends. Yannick is quiet and calm, trying to draw as little attention to himself as possible. He used to deal with his bullies by tricking them and hiding from them, and when all else failed, he ran away at top speed. More cunning than smart, he likes it when he gets an opportunity to get even with someone who's done him wrong.

pre:
Yannick van der Rijn

High Concept: Quiet half-blood in searching for friends

Trouble: I... uhhh... okay. *slinks away*

Aspects:

Just you wait...
Yannick has his troubles with dealing with people, that's
nothing special. But he has a tendency to develop grudges,
sometimes ones he really shouldn't.
Invoke to: get even.
Compel to: "Dang it man, now is not the time for revenge!" or "Dude chill the heck out, it's no big deal"

This sounds like a problem for... SOMEBODY ELSE, RUN-THE-HELL-AWAY!
Yannick has learned that sometimes the best way to deal with
a problem is to outrun it.
Invoke to: Escape from a problem
Compel to: Make Yannick's teeth chatter in terror or otherwise psyche him out.

It's okay, I've got your back
Though all his luck, good and bad, all Yannick wants is to
be a part of a group. So when he gets friends, he'll defend
them tooth and nail.
Invoke to: Back up friends.
Compel to: Get peer pressured into doing things.

Approaches:
Sneaky +3
Quick +2
Careful +2
Forceful +1
Clever +1
Flashy +0

Stunts:

It's time: Yannick gets a +2 to Sneakily cast a
spell on someone he has previously voiced a grudge against.

CHEESE IT: Yannick gets a +2 to Quickly overcome
 when trying to flee from something.
Why He Belongs In...

Gryffindor: Yannick, though often vengeful and usually fearful, sees family and friends as the most important things in life. They would be the source of any bravery for him, and he'd gladly stir up a fuss to keep them. While not the best Gryffindor, he could fit in a pinch.

Hufflepuff: Yannick is the quiet supporter, and as mentioned above, personal connections to him are paramount. An only son whose father passed away fairly early in his life, Yannick is understanding and compassionate to those with personal issues, and will offer help to his friends no matter what the cost.

Ravenclaw: With a quick wit and a careful hand, Yannick would be thoroughly interested in experimentation with magic. While not as interested in the arcane mechanisms behind the magic, learning the spells and practicing them until mastery would be his bread and butter.

Slytherin: Revenge is one of Yannick's defining characteristics. Used to conflicts and glad to finally not be the underdog, his subtlety and wit make him a suitable Slytherin. This house would capitalize on his past experiences, teaching him to be quiet and patient, getting his revenge so that it could never be linked back to him.

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011
Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a group of Slytherins save the day. I mean, all we ever see in the books are the assholes, like Malfoy and his goons. Why not have the people who are typically seen as the bad guys actually do some good?

Michael Finnegan

High Concept: Mischief Managed

While there haven't been any mauraders in Hogwarts for quite some time, Michael Finnegan would probably have fit in quite well with them - in their younger years, at least. While he's something of a prankster, he tends to put more thought into said pranks - after all, getting away with it is half the fun.

Invoke to perform pranks in a way that doesn't incriminate himself.

Compel to be a natural suspect for almost all magical pranks - regardless of lack of proof.

Trouble: Hot Headed

In spite of the care that Michael puts into not getting caught, he has something of a temper. For now, he doesn't know any of the standard minor jinxes and hexes and is more likely to throw a punch when he takes offence, but later one...

Invoke to beat sense into somebody stupid enough to piss him off.

Compel to lose his temper at a less than opportune moment.

Aspect: Loyal

This ought to be fairly self explanatory.

Invoke to help his friends in times of need.

Compel to help his friends at cost to himself.

Aspect: Class Clown

Michael generally knows the right thing to say to make people laugh.

Invoke to get out of trouble by making someone laugh.

Compel to get into trouble by making fun of someone he shouldn't.

Aspect: Half and Half

Michael's mother is a muggle, and his father is a witch. "Bit of a shock for her when she found out!"

Invoke to have an insight into the Muggle world that a pure blooded wizard might not.

Compel to get in trouble with "pure blood" snobs.

Approaches:

Clever: +3
Careful: +2
Forceful: +2
Quick: +1
Sneaky: +1
Flashy: +0

Why he'd fit into Gryffindor: Michael is loyal and courageous - both hallmarks of Gryffindor house.

Why he'd fit into Hufflepuff: Michael is, again, loyal. Also, he knows the value of honest work, even if he pretends he doesn't.

Why he'd fit into Ravenclaw: Michael is pretty clever. Sure, he's got a lot to learn, but the talent is certainly there.

Why he'd fit into Slytherin: Michael can be pretty calculating when he needs to be (though he's never needed to be in the past), and while he's never been tested on this, he'd be willing to make the hard choices so others don't have to.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
The Noxsidus family was the darkest of the dark. Hardline Voldemort supporters in both wizarding wars, they did absolutely everything he asked, everything. Even stretching long before Voldemort, they trace their history back to Morgane le Fey. Death Eaters since the founding of the Death Eaters their name is synonymous with the blackest kind of magic. When Voldemort fell they managed to escape. Using ancient enchantments and a few agents still in the Ministry of Magic they hid their identity and lived underground as muggles. This was an incredible blow to the family, to be forced into the life of the chattel, but they acknowledged that they were soundly beaten. Now was the time to hide, to lick their wounds, and to prepare for their chance to seize their proper place once again.

James (birth name Sylvas) was thus raised in a very strange environment. He went to a Muggle school, had muggle friends, played muggle games. But at home, his family would teach him the old ways. It was always rushed, always secret, always incomplete. They couldn’t risk the Aurors getting wind of them. It’s also been extremely one sided. He believes the Secret “Dark” Arts are a sacred trust passed down in his family. He was born to be a natural leader and to put the world right again. But bad people are always watching, trying to stamp out the secrets. So he has to always hide them.

They were a little shocked by the Hogwarts acceptance letter. It seems that the venerable wizarding school sensed the powerful magic in James, and assumed he was a Muggle born wizard. After some consideration, they decided this was a good way to reintroduce their family to the wizarding world.

quote:

Name: James Perriwinkle (Sylvas Noxsidus)

High Concept: Hidden Scion of the Dark Arts
Trouble: Family on the Lam

Other Aspects:

Polite, Punctual, Perfectly Proper
This was not the time for Dark Wizards to be all creepy and moody. James grew up in a very strict household where it was drilled into him that he must be absolutely polite, punctual, and perfectly proper at all times. Never give them an excuse to investigate. Never give an inch. No weakness. No honesty. Just a perfect smile.
Invoke to: Keep up a facade, lie convincingly, make authority figures ignore him
Compel to: Not be able to show fear or anger when he should, tip people off by being too polite

Dark Doesn’t Mean Evil

The strange, twisted, contradictory values instilled in James from his dark pureblood parents and his muggle upbringing means he views the Dark Arts in an extremely positive light. They’re a powerful tool for doing good in the world, even if they’ve been misused before.
Invoke to: Use Dark Arts for good, be friendly with creepy evil dudes
Compel to: Misunderstand just how creepy and evil dudes can be, do something Dark and Forbidden without realizing

Wizards Are Masters

James knows that wizards are meant to rule all the lesser beings, including Muggles. His family has more magic than others, so they're even more wizardy and should therefore be Masters of even other wizards. But he plans to be a just, fair, and good master. He will learn everything he can, and be an inspiring leader for all the poor unfortunates that just don’t have his amazing talents.
Invoke to: Order others around, have confidence in himself, learn difficult magic.
Compel to: Be arrogant, underestimate others, let a racist or classist statement slip.

Approaches:
Careful +3
Sneaky +2
Clever +2
Forceful: +1
Quick: +1
Flashy: 0

Stunts:
I know that Secret: Because he was raised on the Dark Secrets of his family, whenever James encounters the Dark Arts he’ll be able to recognize how the magic works as if it were any other spell.
Homeschool Lessons: Because whenever he goes home he gets supplementary lessons on magic not taught in school, as the game progresses James will have a slightly expanded spell list

Mr. Prokosch fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jun 12, 2014

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011
I'm pretty sure you should have refresh 3 there, Mr. Prokosch - you can have up to three stunts and still get refresh 3. It's just recommended that you start with 1 (or 0 if you're not sure what to have as a stunt, like me). Also, that's a pretty interesting character concept. I assume he'd want to be the power behind the throne - wizards aren't actually bullet proof, after all, and there are a lot more muggles than wizards...

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Cartimandua "Kate" Burke

Some old families fell in with the Dark Lord. Black, Carrow, Dolohov, Lestrange, Nott. Mask-wearers, the ones who who actually raised a wand against their fellows. Nearly all of these were wiped away, their heads left to rot childless in Azkaban. A few others were traitors to their blood: Abbot, Longbottom, Macmillan, and above all Weasley.
But most? Most families remained on the sidelines. Agreement in spirit could never universally translate to action, especially when it became apparent so many targets were fellow wizards, whose only sins were moderation, hesitation, and suspicion of a man who spoke too smoothly, smiled too much, and hit all too many of the right buttons.
In the end, temperance won out. The madman failed, slain twice over, and a simple fact became apparent: the world keeps on turning. The sky won't fall, the seas won't boil over, society won't collapse. Why, after all that sound and fury?
Well, as it turns out, blood doesn't matter. Funny, huh?

pre:
High Concept: Heir to an Antique House
Trouble: Seriously Not a Dark Witch You Guys

Other Aspects:
Blood Doesn't Matter
My Great-Great-Uncle
I Was Tutored In This, Duh

Approaches:
Careful +3
Clever +2
Sneaky +2
Forceful +1
Quick +1
Flashy +0

Stunts:
Oh Just Give it a Push: Once per session, when someone has already failed, 
  Kate can exasperatedly get it done as if she were being careful. 
Burke Family Technique: +2 to carefully counter and unravel curses and wards. 

Heir to an Antique House
Kate is the daughter of Amminus Burke, a curse-breaker and specialist healer catering to those otherwise unwilling to receive help at more public venues such as Mungo's. Burke is well known for making house calls and traveling to odd sites, pointedly ignoring anything untoward, and keeping his mouth entirely shut once business is concluded.
The Burkes have always occupied an ambiguous position in wizarding society. Thoroughly purebred, they were nonetheless not of the true upper-class, in that they worked for a living, unlike, say, the Malfoys. In a time when the "Dark Arts" were nothing particularly illegal, they served as fairly respectable healers and problem-solvers, passing down the family legacy from generation to generation.
In the late 19th century, Caractacus Burke split off to open a shop with his partner Borgin, leaving his brothers to continue their own work. Amminus is descended from these "proper" Burkes, who never stooped so low as to be involved in trade, but overall remained fairly stogy, old-fashioned, and aligned with the Dark Arts as they became less and less acceptable over the course of the 20th century. Indeed, the Burke family has splintered several times, leaving Amminus, and Kate, as the sole inheritors of a very old and unfortunate tradition.
Invoke/Compel: This aspect wraps together a number of other aspects and stunts. Generally I'm assuming this can be invoked or compelled as a default aspect when the others don't quite fit.

Seriously Not a Dark Witch You Guys
From experience and general proximity, Kate is familiar with and generally used to the Dark Arts. Although her father doesn't actually use them, he is steeped in the understanding of how they work, in order to better undo their effects. Kate finds this distasteful. Although her father's work is fine, in a sense, his clients and the way his business operates in a general sense are both unacceptable. The effects of curses can be and are healed at Mungo's, regularly, and the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts is the official and proper way to get items cleansed of undesirable curses. The only reason someone would hesitate to go to those places would be if they themselves had done something illegal, and Kate isn't interested in being party to illegal activities. Besides, spending the rest of her life cleaning up after nasty curses is unacceptable.
None of that changes the fact that Kate's family and father are firmly established in a grey area of the wizarding underworld, nor the fact that Kate is very talented at unraveling curses and wards herself, and familiar with the Dark Arts in general, all of which together makes it hard to shake the impression of being Dark herself.
Invoke/Compel: Negative reactions, assumptions she's Dark, people taking it the wrong way when she does solve a Dark problem. Invocations are better handled by her High Concept or other aspects or stunts.

Blood Doesn't Matter
As perhaps an odd side-effect of being treated as lower class by the "noble" purebloods, and despite their own strong purity, the Burke family has always had an odd fascination regarding "mudbloods," but particularly muggleborns. Despite what many would say, those with muggle blood have always had as much potential and raw power as the "pure," and this has been underlined by the fact that even true muggleborns, without any noticeable wizarding parentage at all, have been showing up throughout recorded history. That the pureblood's notions of blood purity were based on social and economic differences and prejudices instead of any real difference in power was an easy conclusion to reach, and though the Burkes had enough sense not to speak on this publicly, the belief has been passed down, to Amminus, and Kate.
Well, that's at least the way Amminus tells it. It's possible he developed this belief on his own, or has just chosen to espouse it without truly believing himself, but either way this is what Kate thinks. Blood doesn't matter, at least in terms of power and skill. That said, being born in raised in wizarding society certainly does have an influence in terms of familiarity, purebloods would of course have a leg-up in that sense, but no doubt that could be evened out by seven years of schooling.
More important is that fellow purebloods don't make complete asses of themselves spouting outdated nonsense, really. Kate isn't quite intelligent enough to really understand her father's opinions, and she really couldn't defend her views for long, which could lead to embarrassment.
Invoke/Compel: Invoke to hold reasonable, enlightened positions, I guess? Compel regarding that last point, not being able to hold her tongue.

My Great-Great-Uncle
Kate is not descended from "the" Burke. Her father does not own or operate the store Borgin & Burke's, in whole or in part, and finds the association irritating and shameful, particularly as many (wrongfully) assume he lets the store sell cursed artifacts so that he can then swoop in and remove the curse at a premium. Kate, similarly, hates the association; not only is her name tainted by her father's practices, but most people would only know "Burke" in relation to the store, so it's yet another obstacle to overcome in terms of gaining legitimacy.
Also she couldn't care less about money and appraisal and artifacts and all that nonsense.
Invoke/Compel: Invoke to get righteously indignant and chew someone out. Compel for widespread bad impressions (plenty of kids know Borgin & Burke's and that it's a bad place, even if they'd have never heard of her father otherwise).

I Was Tutored In This, Duh
Like any sensible, normal pureblood, Kate's had several years of private tutorship regarding spells and magical theory in general. Although this was mostly done in a vacuum, without any practical... practice, Kate is still easily familiar with the basics of wand-use, and a variety of potions, charms, jinxes, hexes, and curses. Actually, quite a lot of curses, mostly from her father. Need to know what they look like in order to fix them, right?
A side effect of this brand of tutorship is that her view of what's "dark" is... very Dark indeed, but there are a number of things generally accepted as Dark that she thinks of as perfectly normal. Particularly, a jinx that doesn't do any permanent harm is, of course, no problem, even if it feels like your skin getting stripped away. Further, not everyone gets tutoring, and even if she knows this in a factual sense, it's sometimes difficult for her to remember in practice (thus, the "Duh").
Invoke/Compel: Obviously, invoke to do magic stuff easily (see picture, above). Compel to forget to explain something that needs explaining, or to generally act like something questionable is perfectly fine and normal (which could feed back into her Trouble).

Why she belongs in...

Gryffindor: Er... determination? Self-conviction? Kind of short on lofty ideals. Kate does want to prove herself, though, and despite going about things in a fairly understated way, won't take no for an answer. Also, purebloods making assholes of themselves yanks her chain, which sort of puts her on the "same team." Or something. Maybe.

Hufflepuff: Hm. Patience, perhaps, and a fundamental belief in fairness, but equality of opportunity and fair play still leaves a lot of room for being a jerk in practice. Not a good fit, unfortunately. Kate's one of those who doesn't quite understand why Hufflepuff is even a house, though she's got just enough self-awareness to realize that means the problem's likely with her.

Ravenclaw: Knowledge is vital. What is magic? What underlies it, what makes it tick? Kate's seen enough of her father's work to understand that magic is wildly variant. So many things are uniques, one-offs, and foreign magics are kaleidoscopic. There's something tying it all together, and she's going to figure out what. Well, probably with help, in a group, at the DoM or something, she's not so egotistical as to think that she, alone, will reveal the great secret of magic, and her name will spoken of for years! For generations! She'll show them all!! Aahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahah--

Slytherin: The Most Esteemed House of Burke is dead and gone, or at least it should be. Borgin continues to pollute the waters with his deathgrip on selling things which aren't quite illegal yet, and hasn't seen fit to change the name, despite the fact that a Burke hasn't worked there in some sixty-odd years. Father has his own work, but Kate is damned if she's going to continue this association with the dark arts.

zachol fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jun 17, 2014

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Fixed it. Yeah, not even Voldemort would just declare himself King of the World. The Muggles are manipulated by wizards who have powers they don't understand. The Dark Masters then manipulate the vanilla wizards with powers they don't understand. Knowledge is Power, and a master of the Dark Arts has more knowledge than anyone else. Or at least that's the core philosophy of the soundly defeated Dark Wizards now. James is 11. He doesn't have it down 100% pat. He just knows that wizards are the best and he's the best kind of wizard, but he has to keep things secret.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
This seems great but so many apps already and Im new to FAE.,

Make it a good read guys!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, never mind, there are already enough apps.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Alexander Naglius

I could be the King one day. Now of course, it would require a very specific set of circumstances where the first 50 or so people who are in line would have to meet untimely ends, but it is a possibility. My family, being relatives of the Duke of Kent, and thus King George V, are as British as they come, and we are proud of it. The British were the backbone and the last holdouts against Germany in WW2 and it was a group of British students and teachers who were responsible for bringing down Voldemort. They think less of wizards and witches from other countries because of this. My parents still believe that Hogwarts should be open to only British students, and though I'm still young enough to make up my own mind, their British-centric beliefs certainly have tinted my worldview. There was no shock when my letter came as the last 5 generations on my father's side had all attended and done very well (it's hard not to when you've been privately tutored for your formative years) and I'm very excited to continue the family traditions. But I think I might be most excited about getting to play Quidditch for real, not just messing around with friends.

And yes, that is a penguin on my family crest.

Clever: +3
Flashy: +2
Quick: +2
Sneaky: +1
Forceful: +1
Careful: 0

quote:

High Concept: A British Will and Mind
Trouble: Parental Expectations

Aspect
Family Ties
Besides your country, the strongest bonds are always your family. And that doesn't just mean your blood relatives, it includes those you have such ties with that you may as well be blood
Fortitude
To excel at one's studies and practices, you must have the will to push forward when your mind is weak and the body tired. Though there is is a limit to what the body and mind can take.
Making a Scene
Anything worth being done, is worth being done in style, in a way that will impress. For what good is doing something if someone else does not notice it

Stunts
Family Support
If Alex is struggling with something, it's trivial for him to take him some Floo Powder and get hold of his family. With the hundreds of years of magical books in their library, there's bound to be the information he needs
+2 to Clever when trying to perform unfamiliar spells that he has advanced knowledge he will need, or for knowledge-type checks

Pure Brit
A true subject of Her Majesty is incredibly difficult to overcome, for they shall see the task through to the bitter end. For The Queen.
+2 to defense when outnumbered at least 3 to 1 OR outpowered (opponent has at least one more aspect)

Why he would fit in
Gryffindor: A pureblood Brit who believes in Honor, Courage and Stoicism
Hufflepuff: He is loyal to those who are loyal in return
Ravenclaw: Being raised in aristocracy makes sure you're taught by the best, which helps a mind be sharp
Slytherin: The belief that certain people are better than others

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jun 17, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Ho Wood

Ho was born to the Woods family, an offshoot of the famous "Blacks", the Woods, who were one of the earliest known mixed blood families, were strong magical contenders during both wars, usually siding against Voldemort. Ho's father, Harry Woods, was an officer in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, and strived to keep order when things went to hell during the second war. When everyone was gathered in London during the war, Harry Woods decided that his division, in charge of the Birmingham area, should stay to ensure that the local wizard criminals would not be able to take this opportunity to do anything stupid. And indeed, while the war was raging, these criminal elements did try. By attempting to place a member of their own as "Lord" of the city. Harry and his team were able to kill or imprison all of the rogue wizards that attempted this coup against the muggles, however Harry paid a price for it. He was struck and killed in the final battle on the stairs outside of the Council House. A memorial was built in his honor by the wizarding community of Birmingham.

Ho's mother, Shun Xing, was a Chinese immigrant, transplanted to England after Hong Kong was switched over to Chinese control. She and her family, long time Chinese 神教 followers, or Shenites, were staunch anti-Communist followers, and due to their outreach involving Shenism and their political views, they did not feel safe in Hong Kong. When the Brits began to migrate back to England, the Shun family followed, and settled in Birmingham. Xing was the daughter of one who was believed to be a Wu, or "men who can mediate with the gods", and when her son was born, the mixture of the Wu powers and Wizard powers produced Ho.

Ho was special, he was able to directly "Communicate with the gods" as his grandfather, Shun Yoon believed. Furthermore, he was able to direct the gods under his control, and indeed produced some interesting magic at a young age. When his father died, Ho was already able to do simple magic that Harry had taken the time to teach him. Using this knowledge, and the teachings his Grandfather and Mother had taught him after his father had been killed, Ho's magical structure started to mimic the Wu.

When his letter came, his Grandfather didn't want him to go. "He has to learn the teachings of Magic from a real Wu" he said to Ho's mother. But Xing wanted her son to learn what his father had died for, and so off to Hogwarts he went.

quote:

High Concept: Chinese Wizard
Trouble: What? Why can't I summon this dragon using this colored pencil and these zodiac symbols? What do you mean magic isn't supposed to work that way?

Aspects:
I wonder if?
Ho is always curious if he can perform the same magic a different way. Indeed, he's found that many of his Wu teachings are able to do similar magics to what his father taught him, and usually stronger and faster too! (Basically he doesn't need to use wand flicks and latin words to cast spells, he can use zodiac symbols and ancient Chinese to do the same thing.)

Pet Salamander
A gift from his grandfather, Ho has a pet Salamander, Mushu. Mushu lives in a converted fish tank next to Ho's bed, which is filled with burning hot coals by the House Elfs. Although he can't fly, he does eat and breathe fire. He can subsist outside of his coals for 6 hours if fed red hot peppers, and if his flame dies, then so does he. Ho has a number of apparatus to keep the coal fire alive, including various enchanted zippos and bic lighters.

Approaches:
Clever +3
Forceful +2
Quick +2
Flashy +1
Careful +1
Sneaky +0

Stunts:

Ancient Tradition: Because Ho was taught in Wu, people usually have no idea what spell he is casting until it is cast. He gets a +2 to surprise other casters when casting.[/pre]
A new spell? Oh boy!: Ho gets +2 to learn new magic, when he can find a similarity to a Chinese Magic that is similar.

Why he belongs in: posted:

Gryffindor: Ho is a strong believer in right, mostly due to his father. Ho's father, once a Gryffindor, has instilled some of that leadership and adventurous nature of Gryffindor in his son before he was killed.

Hufflepuff: Ho is the follower of an archaic tradition that Hogwarts has not seen before. He is loyal to that tradition, such like he is loyal to his friends and family. The similarity in culture between his home life and his school life would be a big benefit.

Ravenclaw: Ravenclaw is very suited to Ho. He would be able to learn and experiment with the Wu teachings with his Ravenclaw upperclassmen, and his approach to magic would definitely fit in.

Slytherin: Ho's pursuit of new ways of performing magic make him ambitious to doing things in new ways.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jun 18, 2014

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

hectorgrey posted:

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a group of Slytherins save the day. I mean, all we ever see in the books are the assholes, like Malfoy and his goons. Why not have the people who are typically seen as the bad guys actually do some good?

I feel like that would be awesome and end in quite a few situations like this.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Dr Pepper posted:

All Hufflepuff game or bust. :colbert:

Donald Satcher

Having lost a several members during the first war, Donald's family went into hiding when the word of Voldemort's came out. A few of his older siblings missed a year or two of school, but otherwise they generally avoided the trouble. As more and more of his brothers and sisters went through Hogwarts and graduated, Donald became even more eager for his turn to come about. When he finally got the letter, he almost exploded with excitement (and did explode a nearby potted plant).

quote:

Donald Satcher

High Concept: Overeager young wizard

Trouble: "Hold on, I totally got this guys!"

Aspects:

"I saw my dad use this spell once!"
Growing up in a large wizarding family, Donald has seen a lot of spells cast around him, and has even practiced some of them few times... once, or twice without blowing the house up.
Invoke to: cast a spell above his level or training.
Compel to: have a spell backfire horribly.

Old Wizarding Family
Though never quite pureblood, members of the Satcher family have been well liked and respectable members of the British wizarding world for generations.
Invoke to: Know someone important, Be associated with someone positively, know something about something magical
Compel to: Be expected to live up to the standards of others, Inherit an old grudge, Not know something any muggle would know

I've got your back, you've got mine.
Friends are the most important thing, and he'll do what it takes to help one out.
Invoke to: help or be helped by a friend
Compel to: get in over his head, get caught holding up the rear

Approaches:
Quick +3
Flashy +2
Sneaky +2
Forceful +1
Clever +1
Careful +0

Stunts:

Do it with a bang!: because Donald's magic has a tendency to explode, he gets +2 when casting forceful spells.

Practiced Draw: because of all the 'duels' he got into with his older siblings, once per session, Donald can choose to cast the first spell in a confrontation with someone.

Refresh 3

Why He Belongs In...

Gryffindor: Brave might not be the right word for it, are you brave if you're too foolhardy to notice how dangerous something is? Either way, Donald isn't afraid of much.

Hufflepuff: Friends, siblings, students, whatever, its always important to stick together.

Ravenclaw: Donald is always up for learning newer and better spells, since, the more you know, the more you can do right?

Slytherin: Donald's family is almost as pureblood as the main family lines, aside from those like the Blacks who stuck to only other purebloods and slowly died out as they ran out of available partners. Aside from that, his main interest in learning is for more power, even if it is only the power to make something float in the air.

This is my first timing using FAE or FATE, so some things might need fixing.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'll play in this!

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
I will make a character before the weekend ends

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
It's no Harry Potter and the Riddle of Steel, but I'll give it a shot later today.
Probably going to be someone born under a bad sign.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Was originally making a Hermoine like character and he ended up becoming a mini Gilderoy Lockhart. I apologize for nothing.

Scot Woodham

Scot Woodham gained his wizarding heritage from his mother, and the magic showed up rather early as well. When he started to show talent his mother just sort of went into the attic and pulled out some of her old wizarding books and set them into the bookshelf for him to read. Scot took to them rather well and read several of them till they fell apart.

Scot thinks he knows everything, and likes to use his knowledge to be the center of attention. This worked well around the house, but now that he is going to a school filled with other wizards, he is in for a rude awakening.

quote:

Name: Scot Woodham

Aspects:
High Concept: Half-blooded Know it all,
Trouble: Less clever than he thinks he is,

Say Hello to Bitey the Cat

I think I read that book,

Putting the Ham in Woodham

Skills: Clever (+3); Flashy (+2); Quick (+2); Forceful (+1); Sneaky (+1); Carefully (+0)

Stunts: Excessive Memorization: +2 to Quickly cast a spell he already knows, Presentation!: +2 to Flashily make a scene with his magic
Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Fate Core System © 2013-2014 by Evil Hat Productions, LLC.

Gryffindor: Scot has a ridiculous amount of self confidence and as such he tends to act very brave, even if running away would have been better.

Hufflepuff: While Scot may be a little arrogant, he ultimately wants those around him to have a good time as he tries to make a show out of everything he does.

Ravenclaw: Scot has been reading and studying magic even before coming to Hogwarts and sees no reason to slow down.

Slytherin: Remember that self confidence? It also comes with a healthy level of arrogance and ambition

Second Fate game I have ever applied to, so if something is amiss be sure to tell me.

Twibbit fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jun 17, 2014

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Well that certainly brought the applications in. Quite a few people saying they're new to the system (which is great!) so I'll start offering advice and asking more questions this weekend and make picks later next week. One thing to be going on with; when it comes to aspects, writing something extra to go with its name (doesn't have to be invoke/compel) does help me get a better grasp of the character you are hoping to play so I'd recommend putting at least a little along with each of them. Don't be deterred by the number of applications already in, I won't close applications until I make my decision and the setting makes replacing or expanding the PCs easy enough.

If anyone has any more questions then ask away.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
One question: can we get an ETA on picks by any chance?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Tempus Rimeblood posted:

One question: can we get an ETA on picks by any chance?

I said later next week but if you're wanting a specific day, let's say Wednesday evening (I'm in the UK so that'll be GMT) unless something changes.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Woops, sorry for that. I'm a little spacey lately. :shobon:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Ok sorry this is quite late, ended up visiting someone in hospital.

Applications I consider finished (Aspects, Approaches and Stunts):

pre:
Character                 Player
Jacqueline Tanzer         - Dr Pepper
Ricardo Nunez             - Tempus Rimeblood
Yannick van der Rijn      - Jade Mage
Michael Finnegan          - hectorgrey
James Perriwinkle         - Mr. Prokosch
Cartimandua "Kate" Burke] - zachol
Ho Wood                   - Mustache Ride
Donald Satcher            - GodFish
Scot Woodham              - Twibbit
Mr. Prokosch; how is James going to react to the Hogwarts interpretation of Voldemort and the Dark Arts which will be pretty different from what he's heard from his parents? What do you imagine his family having done to feel the need to go underground so thoroughly? I don't think 'I know that Secret' is really doing to be that useful, you might want to change it to something else. Your other one is fine, each term is going to be a significant milestone so I'll update the spell syllabus and your additional ones then.

Mustache Ride, the timeline doesn't really work about Hong Kong as this game is set around 2001 or so, but since I don't plan on this affecting anything don't worry about it. How will your Wu stunt work, is it just linking it to the Zodiac or do you have something else in mind? What do you think will compel your 'Smart Kid' aspect, does this make him arrogant or wrong in some cases?

Twibbit, can you include that you have the Cleverly approach at +0, it's just easier to read out that way. There seems to be some overlap between your trouble and your first two aspects, their compels seem to be summarised as 'he's committed himself too much to something beyond him' could you try and parse out how they're different aspects of his character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
putting in Carefully (+0) now, though I am confused about what you said about his first two aspects, "Have some Showmanship" and "I think I read that book" being the same. perhaps you meant the first and last aspect since they are fairly similar

• Locked thread