Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are puas human garbage
yea of course
i disagree
hmm...not sure op
goku
gas thread
View Results

• Locked thread
Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

ZergFluid posted:

Listen, you guys.

It's now become apparent that hardcore "PUA" was a fad. The very existence of "puahate" made that clear. While all those PUA gurus might've all been narcissistic in one way or another, it was clear from the very fact that they were gurus that these dudes were already predisposed to being extroverts who didn't have trouble getting attention and being the center of attention. If you look at videos of Tyler Durden, for instance, it's clear that he's a naturally charismatic fellow and wouldn't have had a hard time being a pussy slayer. Those dudes made money from the subtle false advertisement that, through sheer will, boring neckbeards could be that charismatic. A lot of those boring neckbeards probably tried all those pua methods, disastrously failed, and then started asking why all of this poo poo was necessary in the first place, why women didn't appear to be having as much of a hard time, etc. And then "The Red Pill" was born.

There is still some inertia in The Red Pill community about it being taboo to bash PUAs, but the fact that the dudes at PUAHATE subscribed 100% to Red Pill tenets and loathed PUAs as frauds is a sign that things are changing and that the era of the PUA is almost over.

Movies are exactly like real life yo.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
girls are easy as poo poo to meet once you realize that they are as dorky and silly as guys, it's just that they have a bunch of weird/aggressive guys hitting on them all the time and so they are kind of on guard.

are you wearing normal clothes that fit and not videogame shirts?
are you not morbidly obese? (and if you are it's not doomsday for you! plenty of of big dudes do fine, just don't smell bad.)
do you have things beyond video games that you enjoy doing?

well congratulations you've graduated PUA university and can now absolutely blow your friends mind by going up to a cute girl and saying "Hi, I wanted to come talk to you, my name is _____"

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ZergFluid posted:

Those dudes made money from the subtle false advertisement that, through sheer will, boring neckbeards could be that charismatic.

My brother manages a hobby shop specializing in Magic: The Gathering and also plays in Magic: The Gathering tournaments. No problems getting laid, has had two serious relationships with girls who would be at least 8's if we're going to judge them solely on their looks. A friend of mine has a dice collection (thousands upon thousands) and DM'ed years-long D&D campaigns with his close friends, and now has a serious girlfriend, runs all kinds of public events, and is starting his own business. People aren't uncharismatic because of what they do, they're uncharismatic because...they're uncharismatic.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/zonefriend

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

univbee posted:

My brother manages a hobby shop specializing in Magic: The Gathering and also plays in Magic: The Gathering tournaments. No problems getting laid, has had two serious relationships with girls who would be at least 8's if we're going to judge them solely on their looks. A friend of mine has a dice collection (thousands upon thousands) and DM'ed years-long D&D campaigns with his close friends, and now has a serious girlfriend, runs all kinds of public events, and is starting his own business. People aren't uncharismatic because of what they do, they're uncharismatic because...they're uncharismatic.

eh, it's an anxiety thing. being afraid of rejection and the (usually imagined) humiliation that comes with it is really hard to get over for some people.

its also something that people are wrong to not try and overcome, because being outgoing is objectively better.

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

BlackJosh posted:

what is negging? Is it just being insulting? The whole "Treat a girl like dirt she'll stick to you like mud" routine except for real and not as just a hilarious saying? I don't get how that would work.

There really are guys who go up to women and start spouting pua scripts like they're magic spells. A pua will just randomly walk up to women and immediately say "Nice heels, I guess you're short." The women get confused and annoyed and tell him to gently caress off, so the pua walks over to another group of women (in the same room) and tries it again. And again. And again. And again. Meanwhile, there's at least a few other guys going around to women and saying the exact same thing. And all of them do this every loving day.

This was my experience eating in dorm cafeterias as a ~~female~~ college student. I'm not even exaggerating.

Absolute Lithops fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jun 7, 2014

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

The difference between now and, say 30 years ago, was the requirement for social interaction. There were always nervous and awkward people but society was such that it forced social interactions in order to live a day-to-day life. Our society requires much less societal interaction and therefore there will be far more people with anxiety in dealing with people. Hell, you don't even need to order pizza by phone anymore.

Getting a mate, male or female requires some social interaction and these skills are no longer being forcefully trained into us. There were people like these Red-pillers but they were few and far between because almost every activity required a certain level of social interaction. They were called hermits.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Absolute Lithops posted:

There really are guys who walk up to women and start spouting pua scripts like they're magic spells. A pua will just randomly walk up to women and immediately say "Nice heels, I guess you're short." The women get confused and annoyed and tell him to gently caress off, so the pua walks over to another group of women (in the same room) and tries it again. And again. And again. And again. Meanwhile, there's at least a few other guys going around to women and saying the exact same thing. And all of them do this every loving day.

This was my experience eating in dorm cafeterias as a ~~female~~ college student. I'm not even exaggerating.

Please tell me you're joking. What other lines would they use? Did it ever work?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

ZergFluid posted:

Yes, zero-sum, because the quantity of fertile women is limited at any time. The scenario I outlined in that post makes clear why one man engaging in that behavior quite obviously leaves another man deprived. Yes, women can be used up, some men use up multiple women at the expense of other men. This is perfectly in accord with nature, but civilization itself is a rebellion against nature. I think there's going to be more incidents of beta male rage (Elliot Rodger, George Sodini, etc) in the future. If for nothing else, all of this is is quite interesting sociology.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
voted gokes

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCOm4osfWn8&t=18s

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

i neg all teh girls in my wow guild

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

I like to believe that Zerg dude is being sarcastic. But the length and quantity of posts makes me think otherwise. The world may never know.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

ZergFluid posted:

Listen, you guys.

It's now become apparent that hardcore "PUA" was a fad. The very existence of "puahate" made that clear. While all those PUA gurus might've all been narcissistic in one way or another, it was clear from the very fact that they were gurus that these dudes were already predisposed to being extroverts who didn't have trouble getting attention and being the center of attention. If you look at videos of Tyler Durden, for instance, it's clear that he's a naturally charismatic fellow and wouldn't have had a hard time being a pussy slayer. Those dudes made money from the subtle false advertisement that, through sheer will, boring neckbeards could be that charismatic. A lot of those boring neckbeards probably tried all those pua methods, disastrously failed, and then started asking why all of this poo poo was necessary in the first place, why women didn't appear to be having as much of a hard time, etc. And then "The Red Pill" was born.

There is still some inertia in The Red Pill community about it being taboo to bash PUAs, but the fact that the dudes at PUAHATE subscribed 100% to Red Pill tenets and loathed PUAs as frauds is a sign that things are changing and that the era of the PUA is almost over.

I really love that these PUAHATE guys went through all the motions of PUA stuff, but learned nothing and didn't improve themselves even by accident. Like they did all the magic tricks, palm readings, negs, kino, every script in the PUA-verse, but still didn't get any play. So according to The Red Pill, it's the fault of....... WOMEN.

At no point do they look inwardly to find the problem. Things like "go to the gym" and "be interesting" are off the table. No, it's a massive conspiracy by all the women in the world and Alpha Jocks to keep us down! We're the resistance!

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

recap: last couple pages are filled with careposts feel free to skip

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

i would go to a video game themed bar, but only with irony,

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

love negging chicks in the club and then driving them back to my parents place in my kia sorento

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

red19fire posted:

"be interesting"

Fat Ogre posted:

How to get women.

Step 1: Be interesting. Meaning if your life consists of staying at home playing video games and watching Game of Thrones and Anime you are not interesting. Go out and get some social hobbies. I don't even care if it is DnD at the local game shop or LARP. Just get the gently caress out of your house and socialize. Take dance classes, sky diving lessons, get into a sport you always wanted to try. Sign up for martial arts. Take a cooking or art class. Anything other than being a loving shut in.

Step 2: Make sure you practice basic hygiene. Wash yourself every day. Wash your hair. Brush your teeth, use deodorant and a cologne or LIGHT spritz of body spray. PURCHASE AND USE SHEETS ON YOUR BED YOU GOD drat SLOBS. Wash your cloths regularly. Keep your house and car, if you have one, clean.

Step 3: Don't look at women like they only exists for you to gently caress. Assume you will never sleep with every girl you ever talk to. Go in with that assumption and the pressure is off on having to try to snag them with smoove moves or trying to convince them to sleep with you. If they want to sleep with you, it is their loving choice, accept it and move on.

Step 4: Stop loving worrying about getting women and live your now interesting, clean life where you treat women like a decent human being.

Step 5: Girls will eventually pay attention to you because you don't look at them as sex objects, are interesting to be around and have good personal hygiene.

Congrats you got a girl and most likely will get laid a lot now.

The fact that people have a hard time with this is loving sad.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

peg while you neg

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

butplug accident posted:

these threads are safety blankets for stupid hos and other bitchmade niggas to congratulate each other on having the Correct Opinion in a monotonous joke-free environment

everything everyone says about PUAs in these threads is true but this is also pretty obviously true and lol if you deny it

edit:

Fat Ogre posted:

How to get women.

Step 1: Be interesting. Meaning if your life consists of staying at home playing video games and watching Game of Thrones and Anime you are not interesting. Go out and get some social hobbies. I don't even care if it is DnD at the local game shop or LARP. Just get the gently caress out of your house and socialize. Take dance classes, sky diving lessons, get into a sport you always wanted to try. Sign up for martial arts. Take a cooking or art class. Anything other than being a loving shut in.

Step 2: Make sure you practice basic hygiene. Wash yourself every day. Wash your hair. Brush your teeth, use deodorant and a cologne or LIGHT spritz of body spray. PURCHASE AND USE SHEETS ON YOUR BED YOU GOD drat SLOBS. Wash your cloths regularly. Keep your house and car, if you have one, clean.

Step 3: Don't look at women like they only exists for you to gently caress. Assume you will never sleep with every girl you ever talk to. Go in with that assumption and the pressure is off on having to try to snag them with smoove moves or trying to convince them to sleep with you. If they want to sleep with you, it is their loving choice, accept it and move on.

Step 4: Stop loving worrying about getting women and live your now interesting, clean life where you treat women like a decent human being.

Step 5: Girls will eventually pay attention to you because you don't look at them as sex objects, are interesting to be around and have good personal hygiene.

Congrats you got a girl and most likely will get laid a lot now.

The fact that people have a hard time with this is loving sad.

this post is mostly full of good advice but you'll never sleep with a girl if you go in assuming you'll never sleep with them. women won't always magically decide to gently caress you, you have to put in the effort to let them know you're interested in them or else nothing will ever happen and you'll spend your days pining away in the corner as a "nice guy". maybe in your advice you're trying to overcompensate for the fact that the people who actually need this look at women like they're nothing but pieces of meat. i dunno, but that part's pretty bad advice if this is supposed to be a remedial primer for shut-ins who have no idea how social interaction works.

Cnut the Great fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jun 7, 2014

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

quote:

motivating your drunken, suicidal Chinese iPod factory employees

I need some additional advice for this that site was not a lot of help.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Marxist Hobo posted:

recap: last couple pages are filled with careposts feel free to skip

u whine alot but ive never seen you post anything funny

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Pour out a 40 for the Bros in the GCC, where casual hook-ups are virtually non-existent and the 4:1 marriage ratio means there's a good chance you'll never get any if you're born with the wrong family name.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

ZergFluid posted:

Yes, zero-sum, because the quantity of fertile women is limited at any time. The scenario I outlined in that post makes clear why one man engaging in that behavior quite obviously leaves another man deprived. Yes, women can be used up, some men use up multiple women at the expense of other men. This is perfectly in accord with nature, but civilization itself is a rebellion against nature. I think there's going to be more incidents of beta male rage (Elliot Rodger, George Sodini, etc) in the future. If for nothing else, all of this is is quite interesting sociology.

I knew this thread wouldn't disappoint :allears:

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

love jackin it in my ford fiesta outside my local curves. as if i'd even give those sluts a look at my elegant member

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

"Do you have stairs in your house? Cause you sure as hell ain't using them." :smuggo:

A goon up artist (GUA).

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR

Tarkus posted:

1) Be a decent person!
2) Be passionate about what you do, even if it's boring to others, having passion makes it interesting.
3) Be positive and don't piss and moan about women!
4) Don't be after sex. They can smell your desperation.
5) You can have goals like having kids or a family but don't treat women like a tool to achieve that.
6) Be funny, even if in a self-deprecating way. To a degree anyways.

This is similar some utter horseshit a grade school teacher would tell her class, and it creates a mandate contradictory to being "normal".

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
zergfluid,i actually really like you as a poster because you piss people off which is hilarious, but please forget about all this red pill stuff & instead channel that energy into improving yourself & your lot in life.just to see what it's like.it could be really good

CaptainWinky
Jun 13, 2001

I watched a few of this guy's videos after the elliot thing and I don't think he really qualifies as a PUA, he mostly seems interested in telling guys to work out, stop being "quirky muthafuckas," and treat women with respect but not take poo poo from them which is actually good advice.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

zergfluid,i actually really like you as a poster because you piss people off which is hilarious, but please forget about all this red pill stuff & instead channel that energy into improving yourself & your lot in life.just to see what it's like.it could be really good
it seems mra stuff is the only empowering ideology that exists for alienated internet dorks to make sense of their situation. at any rate zergfluid will never experience intimacy unless he stops listening to goons, manhood bloggers, and other internet chinstrokers who alternate between belittling him and giving him vapid common-sense advice

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
goon project: let's find zergfluid a gf

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUvKE3bQlY

When your every instinct is wrong, then the opposite must be good!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Job Truniht posted:

This is similar some utter horseshit a grade school teacher would tell her class, and it creates a mandate contradictory to being "normal".

Yes, but if you meet somewhere between this and creepy weirdo red-piller, you might achieve something close to normal.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

butplug accident posted:

goon project: let's find zergfluid a gf

First we'll need to know his Sex Rank Number in order to pair him up with a biologically-appropriate female. Like, say he's a 3.72 and we try to match him up with a 5.48. It would be like trying to mate a cockroach and a panda.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

jimma posted:

First we'll need to know his Sex Rank Number in order to pair him up with a biologically-appropriate female. Like, say he's a 3.72 and we try to match him up with a 5.48. It would be like trying to mate a cockroach and a panda.

Yeah but pandas are barely interested in loving other pandas, they're the incels of the animal kingdom.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jun 7, 2014

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Tarkus posted:

Yes, but if you meet somewhere between this and creepy weirdo red-piller, you might achieve something close to normal.

The problem with any similar list where the advice is ultimately "be hygienic and considerate" is that people who are that far gone can't just check off tick boxes and magically be a better person. It basically takes some kind of life-changing event or for them to have an epiphany on their own. It becomes that much harder once they've gone down the PUA route, because then you have to deprogram all that poo poo in addition to their own personal hangups.

That list of things you can do to be a well-adjusted person really only helps people who are otherwise decent people but are just clueless. Misogynists, PUA and creeps can't and won't take that advice to heart.

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
are there really people who are so far gone that 'shower & be nice' is considered to be legit advice?maybe I'm naive or sheltered in terms of the kind of people my hobbies expose me to, but that sounds more like a hollow reassurance than anything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Didn't read

• Locked thread