Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are puas human garbage
yea of course
i disagree
hmm...not sure op
goku
gas thread
View Results

• Locked thread
Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

butplug accident posted:

for someone who disdains mra culture, you lamewads sure are immersed in it. you are forever referring to phrases, beliefs, and events i've never heard of. it's like the internet is your window on the world. i visualize you as bearded beavis or buttheads who watch tv in order to find something to look down on. only there is you own banality exceeded

I can't even figure out what you're moaning about. Should we not make fun of anything? PUA and MRA are the joke of the day, much like Furries were or the Icy Hot Stuntaz. It's just topical humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

ZergFluid posted:

Unfortunately some men will always lose.

http://wizardchan.org/v9k/src/1sd7fca2.wizardchan.1374736662858.jpeg

One of the founding documents of Red Pill thought is a compelling long article called "Sexual Utopia in Power."

Here's an interview with the author of that essay. He touches on the idea conveyed by the above image.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMd1kf3OSuU

That diagram that you keep throwing around is so fundamentally flawed, it's actually quite funny that it makes sense to people like you.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

ZergFluid posted:

This is an empty post. Please be more substantive next time.

Ok, here's some substance. The chart implies that women are a 'one time use' commodity. It also equates pairing with reproduction. Also, there's no reason why the bottom ranks of men can't get with the bottom two of women. This is a typical Glen Beck style chart, if you don't think about it and you're in accordance with the topic, it makes sense. Think about it for even 10 seconds and it doesn't make a lick of sense.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

ZergFluid posted:

Women have a limited number of years in which they're attractive and fertile, perhaps 20 at most (if we start at 16) and then their fertility and looks take a nose dive. In fact, they start rapidly losing their looks in their late 20s. The basic idea of the image is that in a sexually libertarian system, a lot of men lose, because women's "best years" in terms of attractiveness/fertility are monopolized by top males.

Human nature tends towards polygamy.

And polygamy often occurs because both parties are interested in it -- the woman is interested in the patronage, resources and genes of a top male and the top man is merely making use of an opportunity to indulge the male's more pronounced desire for sexual variety.

It is simply natural for a great deal of males to lose out. However, it is also natural for those "loser males" to cause problems by banding together and destabilizing their societies in pursuit of mates. Successful societies have solved this problem by clamping down on female sexuality as to insure a one-to-one male/female mating ratio.

The Sexual Revolution freed female sexuality and we have, since, slowly been inching towards arrangements that are having the same effect as polygamy: Mainly, a shortage of prime aged females. We now have an arrangement where a subset of men dominate the lion-share's of most women's "prime years." Consider Bob. Bob is handsome and popular and, from the age of 16 to 30, almost always has a girlfriend close to his own age. At age 31, Bob marries Susanna, 5 years his junior. See the problem here? Not only did Bob consistently experience women in their prime from the age of 16 to 30, but at 31 he dips back into that "prime aged" pool of women.

In the U.S, we don't tend to begrudge people their wealth because of an underlying optimism that if we work hard we too can have good things. But the supply of "prime aged women" is limited at any single time, and Bob's behavior comes at the direct expense of other men who'll all collectively have it harder on the sexual marketplace as much as "Bob" gained through dominating multiple women's prime years. Pussy is zero-sum.

We may not have exact polygamous arrangements, but the consequence of women delaying marriage and spending their best years partying/having relationships with men they won't marry is that female erotic capital is hoarded by a subset of males at the expense of other men, and the only solution to this problem by feminists/liberals who are happy with the current arrangement is to tell those loser men "you're not entitled to sex/relationships."

Wow! Just wow!

First off, I have to laugh ate being entitled to sex/relationships. Fact of the matter is that you are not entitled to anything, even sex or relationships. Even in a strictly monogamous society you were not entitled to that. You guys seem to live in a little bubble where you hearken back to the days where everyone paired up based on some magical formula. Men had to put work into themselves and into wooing women just as they do today.

Also, it's pretty loving clear that you guys know absolutely nothing about women. Believe it or not, they are living, breathing, thinking people just like us. They have different biological imperatives when choosing a mate but ultimately they think exactly the way we do. They are not sitting around counting their sexual dollars and bartering and trading them. Granted, some women do but for the most part they don't. Having talked to many actual, real women I can tell you that they have a hard time finding decent guys as well. Yes, even well adjusted pretty women! In fact, women have the added stress because of their limited years of fertility.

Also, with your example of Bob. It was always, since time in memorial, common for women to marry older guys. Older men are in general more stable financially and are often not as immature. Even genetically speaking, if he has lived to be older, he must be more fit for survival. Is it any wonder why a woman would want to have children with somebody like that?

Something to ask too is, when Bob has sexual relations with all of these women, do the women vanish? Did they spend their Sex Bux? What you forget in a modern sexually liberal society is that the vast majority of sexual relationships DO NOT result in child bearing. Especially with the wide array of options available such as condoms, birth control, the ring, the sponge, morning after pill and even abortion.

Also, your idea of years fertile is both skewed and doesn't take into account modern fertility drugs. Secondly, what I find funny is that you don't even realize that as you get older, you still find women your own age attractive. Granted, they're not as alluring as a girl in their 20's but you're discounting women in their late 30's and early 40's

Anyways, I don't know why I'm arguing with you about this. Maybe it's because I actually want to help you guys understand that things are not as bad as they seem. Trust me, I'm a 34 year old man who's nearing 300 pounds, drives an economy car and I'm a huge nerd but I manage to get lots of women, they're fairly cute to boot, not really 8 or above (by your scale) though but whatever. Hell I even had a couple month long fling with a 20 year old that I broke off a couple weeks ago.

I'm not trying to brag but the trick is to:

1) Be a decent person!
2) Be passionate about what you do, even if it's boring to others, having passion makes it interesting.
3) Be positive and don't piss and moan about women!
4) Don't be after sex. They can smell your desperation.
5) You can have goals like having kids or a family but don't treat women like a tool to achieve that.
6) Be funny, even if in a self-deprecating way. To a degree anyways.

Tarkus fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 7, 2014

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

ripped0ff posted:

Yea, if the 1s bang 1s and 2s bang 2s normally, why can't they do that in our dystopian sexless present? what is keeping zergfluid from finding his dream elephant girl and banging her?

What I find funny is that the chart for un-reproduced males starts at 6, so above average males. I'm sure Zergfluid and his ilk all consider themselves 5's or 6's and are simply denied the pussy they're entitled if it weren't for the pussy hoarding males. When in fact, regardless of their appearance, they are so unbearable that they fall into the 0 pile regardless of the 'Un-regulated sex' or 'Regulated sex' era.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

The difference between now and, say 30 years ago, was the requirement for social interaction. There were always nervous and awkward people but society was such that it forced social interactions in order to live a day-to-day life. Our society requires much less societal interaction and therefore there will be far more people with anxiety in dealing with people. Hell, you don't even need to order pizza by phone anymore.

Getting a mate, male or female requires some social interaction and these skills are no longer being forcefully trained into us. There were people like these Red-pillers but they were few and far between because almost every activity required a certain level of social interaction. They were called hermits.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Absolute Lithops posted:

There really are guys who walk up to women and start spouting pua scripts like they're magic spells. A pua will just randomly walk up to women and immediately say "Nice heels, I guess you're short." The women get confused and annoyed and tell him to gently caress off, so the pua walks over to another group of women (in the same room) and tries it again. And again. And again. And again. Meanwhile, there's at least a few other guys going around to women and saying the exact same thing. And all of them do this every loving day.

This was my experience eating in dorm cafeterias as a ~~female~~ college student. I'm not even exaggerating.

Please tell me you're joking. What other lines would they use? Did it ever work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Job Truniht posted:

This is similar some utter horseshit a grade school teacher would tell her class, and it creates a mandate contradictory to being "normal".

Yes, but if you meet somewhere between this and creepy weirdo red-piller, you might achieve something close to normal.

• Locked thread