Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

That's how all USA shows are designed to be.

Attractive people and blue skies.

http://www.theonion.com/video/usa-renews-burn-notice-royal-pains-burn-collar-cov,32954/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
In a stunning turn of events Halt and Catch Fire has been renewed.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like how this is 99% believable.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

DivisionPost posted:

In a stunning turn of events Halt and Catch Fire has been renewed.

Actually renewed on AMC or one of those weird Netflix deals?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Spatula City posted:

I'm honestly not surprised. The hate will flow through you again, later. But at first, Tennant suckers you in with his lovable shoutiness. There's a reason Doctor Who became enormously popular with women around that time.
Doctor Who is pretty much fun for the most part but I'm actually anticipating him getting to later RTD and late (current) Moffat era which everyone has complete disdain for despite the actors.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Actually renewed on AMC or one of those weird Netflix deals?
Maybe AMC realized they can't just have hits coming out of season 1 and finally renewed shows because they can't keep greenlighting new projects. Who the gently caress knows, it's AMC execs.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

PSA: We've been sadly gif deficient since a certain person did a thing and was rightly internet murdered for it. But now you can directly make gifs from youtubes! http://www.gifyoutube.com/

I just did that! And I'm an idiot!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Well it's not as though gifs are hard to make, as much as that person would have had you believe it. Most people are probably just :effort:.
But that is cool and I might use it sometime so thank you :)

Mu Zeta posted:

That's how all USA shows are designed to be.

Attractive people and blue skies.

Every time I flip by USA and see a commercial for new episodes of Royal Pains I wonder how it's still on and who the gently caress is still watching that.

raditts fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 20, 2014

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

raditts posted:

Well it's not as though gifs are hard to make, as much as that person would have had you believe it. Most people are probably just :effort:.
But that is cool and I might use it sometime so thank you :)

Can't link it because I'm phonepostin, but look up GIFCam. Making a GIF of anything is now as simple as watching it.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out. I pretty much never watch comedies since they're generally not my taste (much loved shows like Arrested Development, The Office, and Parks & Rec do nothing for me). But I liked stuff like Alpha House, Community, Silicon Vally, Shameless, Orange is the New Black, Entourage, How to Make it America, Weeds(seasons 1-3). I'm not generally riveted but it's something that interesting to have on while I'm doing something else.

How are Big Bang Theory, How I met your mother, Blue Mountain State, and The League?

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 20, 2014

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

-Blackadder- posted:

How are Big Bang Theory, How I met your mother, Blue Mountain State, and The League?

The Big Bang Theory is like a margarita pizza, aggressively bland

Blue Mountain State is like an anchovy pizza, an acquired taste.

HIMYM is like a pepperoni-stuffed crust meat feast where it starts out really tasty but then there's too much of it and you end up forcing the second half down and it all ends with a smelly dump in your loo.

The League is like a cheeseburger.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

PSA: We've been sadly gif deficient since a certain person did a thing and was rightly internet murdered for it. But now you can directly make gifs from youtubes! http://www.gifyoutube.com/

Once you've got a gif you should probably go to a site like LunaPic and fix the timing and the size, or cut out a few frames.

I'm also a fan of TubeChop and wish there were some way to paste these things into messages.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

Anime(ted) gifs are for jerks.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Quit misusing the Gospel for your own devices, IRQ. Or I'm telling Jeff.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

hcreight posted:

Quit misusing the Gospel for your own devices, IRQ. Or I'm telling Jeff.

Monsterdunk your rear end

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

hcreight posted:

That Occ is dead. This one looked into the toxx abyss, and the abyss looked back.

Clearly he regenerated when the Doctor did. This is the Second Occupation.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

DoctorWhat posted:

Clearly he regenerated when the Doctor did. This is the Second Occupation.

This is actually the third. The second one was ornery and yelled about a bad sitcom a lot.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Instagiffer is my preferred gif method, and yes you can just paste the URL into the bar at the top. Also works for other video sites like Vimeo, and files you have on your machine. Or you can screen capture with it.

Really easy to use and make a variety of filters and sizes etc. with.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Wait did their random USA Network Drama title generator actually predict Common Law as being a thing?

zoux posted:

So I just found out that the TV show Viper had a syndicated run after it was cancelled from NBC and ran for four seasons and had 78 episodes :eyepop:
And with a lower budget!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH0Rlrz4UXo

Supervehicle shows really had a comeback around that time. Two Knight Rider movies and a Knight Rider TV series. No, not that NBC one, that came later. I'm talking about Team Knight Rider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jk8dhYQqoA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCXYWpkQ9NQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgf73guBKrg

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's crazy how much Hell on Wheels turns it around in the third season. It's like they said, hmmm maybe we should make this show about building railroads about railroad building. They shift focus so much you could skip the first two seasons and not miss a thing.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Can't link it because I'm phonepostin, but look up GIFCam. Making a GIF of anything is now as simple as watching it.

Just to reiterate, GifCam owns.

It's free. It's half a meg in size. It's super easy to use.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Annakie posted:

Instagiffer is my preferred gif method, and yes you can just paste the URL into the bar at the top. Also works for other video sites like Vimeo, and files you have on your machine. Or you can screen capture with it.

Really easy to use and make a variety of filters and sizes etc. with.

Whenever I'm sad I watch your 20 minute tutorial on instagiffer and I think about how there are easier ways to make gifs.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Hey Occ you're going to watch this show next, because it's amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD9_KUBLyHo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

GIFs are easy, getting the content to make GIFs from is the hard part.

Aatrek must have been constantly downloading tons of illegal recordings. And also pirating TV shows.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Aphrodite posted:

Aatrek must have been constantly downloading tons of illegal recordings. And also pirating TV shows.

He abused his authority as a babysitter to get his young charges to pirate the shows for him.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
My TiVo is ready for tomorrow! Though I guess there's a hard limit on how many episodes of a TV show it can see at a time...

(Guess there's a few things I can delete off of the season pass, now that I think about it.)

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

A tip, record must of them on the SD station to use less storage. Simpsons wasn't HD until like season 20.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Good point, fixed.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Spatula City posted:

I'm honestly not surprised. The hate will flow through you again, later. But at first, Tennant suckers you in with his lovable shoutiness. There's a reason Doctor Who became enormously popular with women around that time.

I think this is pretty fair. I only got into Doctor Who because my roommate and girlfriend at the time loved the guy. A room full of admiration is intoxicating, but after I moved out, and broke up with her, the spell was broken. Now Who's mostly bad sci fi (like there's so much of any other kind) with a charming actor in my mind.

But I enjoy too many CW genre shows to judge anyone.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

No it's actually really easy.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

lelandjs posted:

My TiVo is ready for tomorrow! Though I guess there's a hard limit on how many episodes of a TV show it can see at a time...

(Guess there's a few things I can delete off of the season pass, now that I think about it.)

You know after this marathon is over you can just pull any part of any single episode from Simpsons World online, right?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's gently caress all to watch over the summer and I figure my TiVo should be doing something for the $13 I'm paying for it each month.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

timp posted:

You know after this marathon is over you can just pull any part of any single episode from Simpsons World online, right?

Well, only if your provider has a streaming deal with FXX, not all do.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

bull3964 posted:

Well, only if your provider has a streaming deal with FXX, not all do.

Ah, good point, forgot about that.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I hate every post I read
From division post to raritys
No you'll never make a poster out of me

Oh my god! I was wrong!
They were shows, all along!

Yes you've finally made a poster
(Yes we've finally made a poster)
Yes you've FIN-LLY MADE A POST-ER OUT OF MEEEEEE
Thank you Doctor Who!

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Aug 21, 2014

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Toxxupation posted:

I hate every post I read
From division post to raritys
No you'll never make a poster out of me

Oh my god! I was wrong!
They were shows, all along!

Yes you've finally made a poster
(Yes we've finally made a poster)
Yes you've FIN-LLY MADE A POST-ER OUT OF MEEEEEE
Thank you Doctor Who!

You know, every thread in TVIV turned into a Simpsons quoting thread so gradually, I didn't even notice.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A weird bit of news is that ABC is working on a spin off of Castle based on the "Derrick Storm" books that Castle writes.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

raditts posted:

Every time I flip by USA and see a commercial for new episodes of Royal Pains I wonder how it's still on and who the gently caress is still watching that.

Your parents. Also why procedurals are all over the place in syndication.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I just heard an interesting story on NPR...can't find a link on their site but this will do: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-28879629

Basically, there's a really popular soap opera in South Africa called Generations. It focuses on 16 main characters working for an advertising agency. It's extremely popular, with around 7 million viewers each night, and these characters are basically household names.

After almost a year of back-and-forth between the actors and the studio, they've all been fired. All 16 of them. Just like that. Despite how long their talks have been going on, it was apparently a total surprise when announced. The show's not cancelled, mind you, they're going to be hiring new actors to replace the old ones.

Could you imagine something like that happening in America? What if that had happened to the cast of The Big Bang Theory?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

How can that possibly not tank she show? I'd think ratings would plummet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching old episodes of The Simpsons is weird.

• Locked thread