Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

We've just had it as background noise instead of HGTV while we're doing other stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jingleheimer posted:

I'm curious to know what the ratings on FXX are right now with the Simpsons marathon versus what they'll be when they get to the not good seasons. I'm guessing it'll be a gradual decline followed by a pretty sharp drop. I could be wrong though, wouldn't surprise me if people keep tuning in because of the 100% chance of catching an episode of the Simpsons no matter what time of day it is.

Variety said that ratings tripled for the first two days.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jingleheimer posted:

I'm curious to know what the ratings on FXX are right now with the Simpsons marathon versus what they'll be when they get to the not good seasons. I'm guessing it'll be a gradual decline followed by a pretty sharp drop. I could be wrong though, wouldn't surprise me if people keep tuning in because of the 100% chance of catching an episode of the Simpsons no matter what time of day it is.

I think you'll probably find the drop is more related to people going "gently caress yeah I'll watch this old cartoon all day every day" and after a day or two realizing "Why the gently caress am I watching an old cartoon all day every day?" regardless of how good or bad it is. People are going to eventually get sick of watching the same thing over and over nonstop.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Jingleheimer posted:

I'd be watching it if FXX had a streaming deal with Directv customers, but if I can't mooch my mom's cable subscription gently caress it. I'm sure it's doing really well though.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

precision posted:

10 Shocking Facts About SomethingAwful Posters You Never Knew!!!!

- precision does drugs!
- Bown is British
- Deadpool is actually WWE superstar Brock Lesner!

-SpiderHyphenMan can't shut up about Korra!

(Give it another chance. Everyone loved Book 3, even the people who hated Books 1 and 2 like they killed their dog)

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Korra so hot right now.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I feel like I watched 2 seasons of something after having watched all of MGS1-4 on youtube. They came out to about 8-9 hours each game. Good lord that was a lot of just cutscenes.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

-SpiderHyphenMan can't shut up about Korra!

That's hardly a fact that nobody knew.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

raditts posted:

That's hardly a fact that nobody knew.
-Raditts has been here for 13 years and doesn't get jokes!

Halfway there, guys!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

(Give it another chance. Everyone loved Book 3, even the people who hated Books 1 and 2 like they killed their dog)

I'm going to be honest, I was lukewarm on Book 3 overall, but the finale was great in all the ways the last two weren't. That epilogue was the single funniest thing I've seen on tv this year.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 24, 2014

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

-Raditts has been here for 13 years and doesn't get jokes!

Halfway there, guys!

Jokes are funny though.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
- Rarity will always be a grump

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bown posted:

- Rarity will always be a grump

I think you're confusing me for IRQ

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Irish Joe posted:

I'm going to be honest, I was lukewarm on Book 3 overall, but the finale was great in all the ways the last two weren't. That epilogue was the single funniest thing I've seen on tv this year.
You're a monster.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
All it was missing was Mazzy Star's Look On Down From The Bridge and it would have been perfect.

(though I'm sure its just a matter of time before some industrious youtuber makes that a reality)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Good point. He doesn't even like the Bojack Horseman theme! It's so goddamn sassy!

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Why is everyone razzing each other, I thought this was a nice place :(

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Mo0 posted:

Why is everyone razzing each other, I thought this was a nice place :(
Not when you are on a forum called SomethingAwful

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

-SpiderHyphenMan can't shut up about Palestine-Israel!

:engleft:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Jingleheimer posted:

A 24/7 channel of just Simpsons episodes would probably pull in a higher rating than FXX ever

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sorry, what.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I'm sorry, what.

you're the worst poster in the whole world

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Judge Clayjar posted:

you're the worst poster in the whole world

Not in a world where Aatrek once modded this forum.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Rarity posted:

Not in a world where Aatrek once modded this forum.

aatrek was a better poster.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Decent poster, terrible human being.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You're the Worst is still great. When did non-HBO shows start explicitly talking about jizz stains and sucking dick? And it's really weird seeing Avatar Korra's voice actor on the show as a tall blonde woman.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

You're the Worst is still great. When did non-HBO shows start explicitly talking about jizz stains and sucking dick? And it's really weird seeing Avatar Korra's voice actor on the show as a tall blonde woman.

watch burning love

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Judge Clayjar posted:

That's just mean. :(

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Judge Clayjar posted:

wow that's really unfair to SHM

- from my new book, "Things I Never Thought I'd Read Or Post On Something Awful"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Why isn't everyone freaking out about The Honourable Woman? BBC-Sundance Channel co-production, a drama/spy thriller type show starring Maggie Gyllenhaal. Lots of Israel/Palestine stuff and just generally clever and exciting and such. The entire thing has aired in the UK and half or so over in America. Watch it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Looks super boring like Top of the Lake and Maggie Gyllenhaal reminds me of a grandmother.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rarity posted:

I thought we were bros Rarity :(

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Mu Zeta posted:

You're the Worst is still great.

Having just binged through all available episodes I have to agree. Show owns.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Lugaloco posted:

Having just binged through all available episodes I have to agree. Show owns.

The most recent episode was great. Loved that montage/scathing indictment of the main characters being terrible people and pretty much ending with it.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I was on the fence about You're The Worst, then this happened and show rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSCD1jQ_DBQ

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
gently caress this poo poo, Richard Attenborough ruled.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Fateo McMurray posted:

I was on the fence about You're The Worst, then this happened and show rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSCD1jQ_DBQ

I mean You're the worst is ok, but isn't that a tired gag at this point?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
The Leftovers sucks. The things that don't work about it aren't fixed and then they just lop on more bullshit to the pile.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

precision posted:

10 Shocking Facts About SomethingAwful Posters You Never Knew!!!!

- precision does drugs!
- Bown is British
- Deadpool is actually WWE superstar Brock Lesner!

- DoctorWhat has a ridiculous coat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
- Alias is a show about a spy!

• Locked thread