Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

muscles like this? posted:

Ascension part 2 spoilers turns out the whole thing is a breeding program set up by an ex-Nazi to try and create psychics. Which it totally did.

Is this a loving joke or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
After watching the first two episodes of Ascension, I can confirm that it is the most unintentionally hilarious miniseries that has aired in recent times.

I can't wait to see what brilliance the final episode is probably chock full of.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
I'm baffled that not everyone has Irish Joe on ignore.

Also, if you insist on responding to him, at least stop quoting him.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Ascension, Syfy's new prestigious miniseries event that's not too proud to use rejected Helix plotlines

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I can't believe people's understanding of Irish Joe has gone so far from serious to ironic that it's looped right back to serious.

And I thought the magic was lost :allears:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gonz posted:

After watching the first two episodes of Ascension, I can confirm that it is the most unintentionally hilarious miniseries that has aired in recent times.

I can't wait to see what brilliance the final episode is probably chock full of.

I'm enjoying it but the show is all over the loving place.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

I'm enjoying it but the show is all over the loving place.

Yeah, that's a whole hell of a lot of interweaving storylines and characters for a 5 hour miniseries.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Rarity posted:

I can't believe people's understanding of Irish Joe has gone so far from serious to ironic that it's looped right back to serious.

And I thought the magic was lost :allears:

I don't particularly care if he's a deliberate troll or an idiot with lovely opinions, but 90% of the time his posts are annoying as gently caress so I'm not gonna read 'em.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
We watched the Ascension first episode and it was not good. The most glaring issue is where are all of the old people? The original crew? Why is everyone under 40? It's jarring.

Not going to watch the rest of it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tuxedo Jack posted:

We watched the Ascension first episode and it was not good. The most glaring issue is where are all of the old people? The original crew? Why is everyone under 40? It's jarring.

As was established on the last page of this thread, people in their thirties are quite elderly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Everyone knows you don't really master a martial art until well into your 60s.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Everyone knows you don't really master a martial art until well into your 60s.

confirmed.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Rocksicles posted:

hahaha, do those people still exist outside of Mormonism?

Just because your parents didn't give you rules and boundaries, doesn't mean the rest of us didn't abide by certain rules. I am no mongrel, willfully submitting to my more sensual desires. That's how my mother raised me and how her mother raised her, guess yours didn't do the job well.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

Ravane posted:

Just because your parents didn't give you rules and boundaries, doesn't mean the rest of us didn't abide by certain rules. I am no mongrel, willfully submitting to my more sensual desires. That's how my mother raised me and how her mother raised her, guess yours didn't do the job well.

"Yo Momma" would have sufficed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Abstaining and being Unappealing aren't the same thing Ravane.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I didn't read any spoilers, but based just on the fact people in this thread said there was a twist, I was able to guess the twist near the beginning of part 1. :negative:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GreenNight posted:

What's the point in watching Thor, he is just too strong, completely boring.

Yes it was, but not because he was strong.

Aphrodite posted:

We're all goons here, let him have this one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

I didn't read any spoilers, but based just on the fact people in this thread said there was a twist, I was able to guess the twist near the beginning of part 1. :negative:

Even watching it live I could tell there was something funky going on with the premise.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh also they lose fights in SHIELD all the time.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ravane posted:

A: Your mum let you down in a variety of ways.

B: You read way too many romance novels.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Aphrodite posted:

Being a Burn Victim Unitarily decided my fate as unappealing, I accept that. However, I maintain that my abstinence, until the age of 18, is nothing short of noble, as others could have chosen to make use of a sex worker.

Rocksicles posted:

A: Your mum let you down in a variety of ways.

B: You read way too many romance novels.

A. Choosing to abide by the law is not wrong. My mother did not raise an uncultured idiot like yourself.

B. On the contrary, romance novels tend to promote underage sex, as if Aatrek had written them solely by himself. I, on the other hand, believe that sex is an intimate process and should not be discarded to the closest whore or philanderer.

C. This has nothing to do with television, please remain on topic.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Hahah ravane you suck lol

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What was Hitler's position on the subject?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

18 year old burn victims are hot as hell.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
[in ravane voice that sounds a lot like francis dolarhyde] actually, my blessed beautiful mother taught me not to have sex with diseased whores and dirty schoolyard gash, and when i envision my life after i reach adulthood with my masculine maidenhead intact i see the burning holy fire of pure love enveloping me unceasingly

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Judge Clayjar posted:

[in ravane voice that sounds a lot like francis dolarhyde] actually, my blessed beautiful mother taught me not to have sex with diseased whores and dirty schoolyard gash, and when i picture my life after i reach adulthood with my masculine maidenhead intact i see the holy light of pure love surrounding me at all times

Lol

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Your assumption that Ravane is male is incorrect.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ravane's gender depends on the topic.

Also age, profession, and education.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
[in ravane voice that sounds a lot like the retard square head from bones]
uhhh actually the general demeanor of a woman is greatly improved if she remains virginal until after her maturity has been fully reached, as the explosion of endorphins that would occur if underage sexual activity were performed would hinder many of the more important developments of a young female brain

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

GreenNight posted:

Your assumption that Ravane is male is incorrect.

For some reason I thought they were a transsexual. Is that not true?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

:munch:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
That's so Ravane was my favorite tv show growing up.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
[in ravane voice that sounds like buffalo bill] momma dont raise no fools

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Ahaha whats going on here

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Ascension part 2 spoilers turns out the whole thing is a breeding program set up by an ex-Nazi to try and create psychics. Which it totally did.

How the gently caress did that even make it past the basic script stage in 2014? Or maybe the better question is how far Sci-Fi has fallen as a network.

Ascension would be a better show if the twist was the US government secretly had faster then light travel and had already colonized the planet they are heading too. Making the whole mission useless and the earth project about trying to contact the ship for it to slow down so they could be picked up by one of the new ships.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's like ABC Family and The 700 Club.

It's a show (that it turns out isn't) about a spaceship. SyFy is required to do at least one of those a year.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Aphrodite posted:

It's like ABC Family and The 700 Club.

It's a show (that it turns out isn't) about a spaceship. SyFy is required to do at least one of those a year.

but ABC Family can produce good/ok tv, SyFy can't.

I'm also always surprised that Disney is still willing to air the 700 club.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Alphas, BSG, Farscape, MST3K etc.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

sbaldrick posted:

but ABC Family can produce good/ok tv, SyFy can't.

I'm also always surprised that Disney is still willing to air the 700 club.

They don't have a choice, it's a stipulation of owning the Family Channel and they somehow didn't realize that until after they bought the station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
They're also contractually obliged to keep the world "family" in the channel's name. I understand they planned to change it after they bought it, only to find out it wasn't an option.

• Locked thread