Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

So is Mr. Feeny a ghost now? That's really my only curiosity about Girl Meets World. I hope he slowly drives Cory to insanity over the course of several seasons. Or maybe haunts the family Trans Am, offering homespun wisdom to the daughter as she learns to drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

All Miller/Boyett shows are slightly altered versions of classic sitcoms. Perfect Strangers is Laverne and Shirley with men, Step By Step is the Brady Bunch with the sexes of the children reversed, and Family Matters is Happy Days with a nerd instead of Fonzie.

In light of that, it's weird that it ended like Mork and Mindy.

I have no idea what Teen Angel was supposed to be.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

His teacher was the car from Knight Rider.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Kumail nanjiani started a podcast reviewing the show from it's beginning, the x-files files

This is a really amazing podcast. He reads the old usenet posts from when the shows first aired. Trolling used to be really different.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

IRQ posted:

I think Obama will really change things for the better! It'll be nice to have a liberal in the white house for a change who won't just pander to corporations and crush our civil liberties like Bush did.

This was fun but now I'm crying.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is the Fringe thread the only Aatrek OP left on the forums? I checked it out one day and was surprised to see it, though I don't know why. People really liked his OPs before they found out he raped a child.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Has there been an episode of Last Man Standing where Tim takes on drugs and the way our weak legal system coddles the parasites who sell them?

Maybe the liberal strawman could get suckered into selling drugs and then rats on his fellow drug dealers to get a lighter sentence, much to Tim's disgust as he emasculates him for being a criminal AND a coward.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Did there end up being any truth to the story that Ana Lucia was written out of the show because Michelle Rodriguez got busted for drunk driving? I remember that being tossed around for quite a while in the episode threads.

Also Desmond fondled a stranger on the bus or something very unDesmondlike.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

zoux posted:

The guy who made Glee is now making OJ Simpson: The TV Show.

I hope it's actually another season of American Horror Story and it will be about ghosts framing OJ.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Can somebody just spoil Under the Dome for me? I'm vaguely curious but also know that it's not at all good. Is there some underlying mystery I can just google the answer to, or is it just a whole series with the same premise as the Simpsons Movie?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

IRQ posted:

Isn't that just a loving star trek episode?

It's like five. There are only maybe 10 plots in all of Star Trek, and energy blob aliens are in half.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

It's called being a professional.

Haven't you ever been in a work situation and found out somebody you sit next to believes in psychics or ghosts or poo poo? Most people believe insane things, but they keep quiet about it because you're all there to work. Most of them are even respectful and friendly too.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Sci-Fi Channel was at its best when it was Wonder Woman, Manimal, and The Prisoner marathons hosted by Harlan Ellison.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

zoux posted:

Do yall ever watch Lawrence Welk reruns on Saturday Afternoons? That is some weird poo poo.

That was running on tv at the same time as All in the Family and MOD Squad and stuff, too.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

No, Utopia the reality show that was super expensive and bombed like hell.

Wasn't it supposed to last for months or years? Did they just shut it down and send those people back to their lovely lives after a month?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There was also that one about a bunch of people who were taken hostage in a bank robbery and every episode was about one of them and had a flashback to the robbery. They just kept making that one bank robbery more elaborate and confusing by piling more and more poo poo into the flashbacks. It was like they diagnosed Lost's big problem in a month's worth of episodes.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

So there's an episode of the old Wonder Woman on tv, and it's about a leprechaun who's about to lose his cobbler shop right before Christmas because business is bad. I feel like they just threw a bunch of folk stories into a blender. Also it's half over and I don't think Wonder Woman has showed up yet.

It's almost as good as the Six Million Dollar Man where he saves bigfoot.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Bates Motel is amazing. I don't know why I waited so long to watch it. It's amazingly funny for a horror show. Vera Farmiga is a comic genius, and I really wish the show could become Norma and Emma teaming up to solve crimes and clean up the town. I can't believe how sympathetic Norma is for an abusive lunatic who's slowly turning her sociopathic kid into a serial killer. I never expected that she would be funny.

I haven't watched season 2 yet, but was the teacher really a molester, or did Norman imagine her grooming him?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Spalec posted:

Holy crap, a whole bunch of Power rangers just appeared on Netflix (in Canada at least, I dunno about US). Watching the first episode for a huge nostalgia burst.

Watching as an adult, it really is terrible though, the acting is just awful and the segments with Rita are so obviously dubbed, it's hilarious.

The music is rockin' though.

Can't enjoy power rangers since I found out that Haim Saban bullied the blue ranger every day for being gay and encouraged the crew to do the same, eventually causing him to quit the show.

In my dreams the team comes together to karate chop that fat gently caress for homophobia, saving Billy and teaching him that it's ok to be gay.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Just watch everything through seven and listen along to the X-Files podcast Kumail Nanjiani is doing. He has an incredible talent for choosing good guests and really appreciates a lot in most of the episodes. Plus he reads the Usenet postings made about the episode the night each aired, and they're hilarious.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Leave him alone. He had to watch every episode of Last Man Standing. I don't want to meet the man who's ok after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

Over the bullshit of aang finding a magical solution to all of his problems that let him win anyways? Or aang magically finding a solution where he could still get katara and become the avatar? Yes

The last air benders finale is worthless garbage that sells out it's own conceits just to give everyone an unearned happy ending despite it not making any logical sense

The best part of tla was aang having to wrestle with the moral ambiguities of murder and his mission, and giving him a magical ability to suck the powers out of the fire lord so he didn't have to kill anyone nor see the negative consequences of letting the fire lord live was some cheap bullshit

But I mean it was a bad anime so what do you expect I guess

It was a show for children. You can have a thoughtful show that also keeps the full sweep of adult life a little concealed because it's a step for ten-year-olds to take between other cartoons and actual drama. Just because it's capable of holding your attention doesn't mean it's for you or really even made with you in mind.

It's ok for there to be things meant for kids.

• Locked thread