Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

precision posted:

Why would anyone ever do this, he's one of the only actually interesting posters on the entire forum.

Probably because most of CD is insufferable if you don't have him on ignore. At least it's barely readable if you don't have to read that poster's played-out nonsensical ramblings posing as superior analysis. That gimmick run its course long ago. It's baffling people still reply seriously to him and it's literally in every thread in the forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
The latest episode of Nathan for You is one of the funniest things i've seen in a while. When he starts spitting wildly, that was a real big laugh. And the fact that his plan for the car wash actually seemed to work pretty well in the end (at least for that one day) was really amusing. The real awkward little moments at the end are always funny too but the car wash one really was the height of cringeworthy brilliance.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Are you a normal looking man in your 50s? Well you look like hell you old man.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Isn't that show for 40+ year old women?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Fooz posted:

I'm trying to watch it now, but it seems like a grocery store romance paperback. Is that what it is?

Yeah - that's exactly what it's based on.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Hey but seriously when the guy who brought you such classic television masterpieces as the 4400 and Alphas is working on a fantasy romance for housewives then poo poo you lock that poo poo down and take notice because serious poo poo is about to be brought for sure.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

GreenNight posted:

Heaven forbid TNT makes a show with an attractive actress without getting her half naked within the first half hour of the pilot.

Yeah I mean this is television, let's have all women fully covered up at all times like they should be please.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Lost was great and if you don't like it you suck. That is all.

Definitely. Also if you don't like or get the ending you are an idiot.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

GIFs are easy, getting the content to make GIFs from is the hard part.

No it's actually really easy.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

IRQ posted:

Serenity actually makes me ok with how short Firefly's run as a series was because of how atrociously loving terrible it was.

It'd be great it more shows died before they had the chance to become awful. Firefly is just the most extreme example.

While Serenity is indeed excellent, I don't think you can really take it as reflective of how Firefly would have turned out if it continued. One 2 hour film and an ongoing series are going to differ inherently in many ways.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Zaggitz posted:

And those people who got really invested graced us with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z07MMlFqGvQ

:siren:DISCLAIMER:THIS MAY BE THE PROEST CLICK OF YOUR ENTIRE SHORT LIVES:siren:

Wow, everybody needs to watch this. I guess this is like what a TVIV live post thread would sound like if it were made human. It could be applied to any vaguely exciting or interesting episode of television.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

Yes, he was the star of Fawlty Tower

No, you're thinking of Rowan Atkinson. Hugh Laurie was in Monty Python.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

and you got to touch Terry Crews which is at least a 60 thousand dollar value

speaking of, holy poo poo Terry Crews is hosting that now? that's a great idea. the show was always fun because of the format, but the dead lifeless former hosts were a drag.

Meredith Viera? Dead and lifeless?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Revival Family Guy was a bit less terrible than pre-revival, for a little while.

Wow - I didn't know anybody thought that.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

speaking of please visit my new treehouse, forums.stopraddittsposting.net (.com was taken)

now you might make an assumption based on its name, but we're actually really welcoming to new visitors

Why don't you do all your posting on that site then instead of this one

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

raditts posted:

Pretty much all this, yeah. I would try watching another episode but I'm not sure my body could handle it.

I could be mistaken but I think they're talking about her actress. Laurel isn't Black Canary on Arrow.

I had to look up her part in New Girl and it looks like she was a bit part in one episode, does that really count?
Who the hell was she in Taken though? I haven't seen it in a few years, was she the slutty friend that dies in a brothel?

Yeah she was the daughter's friend on Taken. She was also a main role in the short lived Melrose Place revival.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

ChickenMedium posted:

Give the guy a break. He was loaded, okay?

Very good. I enjoyed this post.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

DivisionPost posted:

Hey, uh, funny story, turns out you can't reboot America's Funniest Home Videos because it's still on the air.

Ridiculousness, Tosh.0 are the new AFHV. Well and just watching youtube.

lelandjs posted:

I was under the impression that Nathan For You was completely staged. Unless :thejoke:

If you've seen it, you know it's not staged. The reactions he gets from business owners are very real, and they are obviously not actors at all.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

DivisionPost posted:

Personally I'm annoyed by Z-Nation's comparisons to The Walking Dead because it seems less about praising Z-Nation and more about getting in one more slam on The Walking Dead.

Which I guess I understand, given that The Walking Dead murdered your parents and all.

Yeah I mean, why would you compare 2 TV shows involving zombies, doesn't make much sense. The Walking Dead is clearly above comparisons to other zombie shows and certainly should be left out of the conversation about better zombie shows.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

precision posted:

I think what you're thinking of is Judd Apatow taking an interest in Dunham, which is allegedly the only reason HBO gave Girls a shot in the first place. That's not nepotism since they're not related. It's the kind of thing that happens all the time to young filmmakers.

The latest season of Girls was actually good, the first two were really not.

I enjoyed the first two enough, but I couldn't make it all the way through season three. The other characters were alright but Hannah just got worse and worse.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

In the Monday 9pm time slot, the incredibly disappointing Scorpion was only down 3%, a smaller drop than even TBBT, to a 3.2 while Sleepy Hollow fell 15% to a 1.7. I'm surprised Scoprion held so strong.

Yeah it's doing really well which is a little surprising considering how awful it is. Maybe after the pretty cool ridiculous action in the pilot, people, like me, watched the second episode to see if there would be anything close to that level of excitement in the continuing series. Of course the answer is a resounding no. More likely is it had Big Bang as a lead in so it's capturing that demographic of people who enjoy cringe worthy stereotypical nerd characters on TV. Only this time in a bad NCIS style package.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

raditts posted:

It's a prestige thing. The most notable actors are always listed at the end of the opening credits, usually with the "as [character name]" included.

Well technically the first billed actor is the most notable, with "and" at the very end coming in second.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

That must be why I always remember "and Eriq La Salle" in the ER credits and no one else. I actually don't remember George Clooney at all.

It could also be because of the dramatic door kick that he did when his name came up.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I've loved Sean Bean as an actor since I was a watching him in Sharpe as a kid. It's a loving tragedy that his career got stuck in a rut of "character actor who dies" and has now come to the point where he is in such low-rent poo poo as Legends. I really thought that Game of Thrones was going to get him into better roles.

He put in a good performance in Legends. It wasn't a bad role, he had a bit to work with.

also

muscles like this? posted:

Man, the season finale of the TNT show Legends was on tonight and it had an incredibly stupid plot twist. Part of the show's mystery was that Sean Bean's character finding out that he had been in Iraq during the war but couldn't remember anything, in tonight's episode he finally found out what happened and it was dumb as hell. Basically he was infiltrating an evil PMC and they found Saddam's WMDs, which they then stole for themselves. This is why they were never officially found.

It just seems like a really bizarre plot point, especially since it ended up having no bearing on the actual story because Sean Bean destroys them before they can be moved.

It did kinda have a bearing on the actual story because Sean Bean destroying the weapons was the reason he called in the broken arrow, which was the reason he was injured and lost his memory, which lead to the very existence of the Martin Odum character and the mystery the whole show's been about.

Wandle Cax fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Oct 9, 2014

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

Nielsen admits months of ratings were wrong: http://www.cnbc.com/id/102070644

It seems like ABC shows for this season were mostly rated slightly too high.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Is Parks and Rec season 6 good?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Is anyone watching The Affair on Showtime. If not you should watch the first episode, as it is very good. If it sounds like a whole show based on one affair is a boring concept, it is not because it is dealt with in a very clever and interesting way using an unreliable narrator concept.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

GreenNight posted:

No, it's two years old. I checked and apparently TNT is showing the new Season 2 which was filmed this year. Season 1 won't be shown. Sort of like Strikes Back I guess.

It would have to be a massive improvement from season 1 to be worth watching. No wonder no network bothered with season 1, it was terrible. Blandest leading man i've ever seen. Awful acting and writing all around. Even the car action was tepid at best.

e. actually i've just checked the TNT website and it seems TNT are indeed showing season 1 starting October 18. Even though season 2 has already started in Canada.

Wandle Cax fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 16, 2014

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Kaizoku posted:

What was the name of the show with the 6 people who were seemingly unconnected, following their separate stories where they would dovetail in some way? Few years back, I think.

Also: Bad Judge is my guess. I already forget it exists most of the time.

Six Degrees. I don't think a single one of the "Lost clones" from a few years back made it to a second season. The Nine, Invasion, Surface, Flash Forward etc.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

smg77 posted:

Does the opposite ever happen where they take American shows and create horrible British versions of them?

Geordie Shore

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Bown posted:

Anyone else watch the first episode of The Affair? Really, really good slow drama with fantastic performances and writing (that occasionally boiled over into the obvious but hey). Also has McNulty getting bitched out by Rawls and stars McNulty and that one actress from Luther everyone loves. Excited for episode 2 tonight.

Yes, it's really good and i'd also highly recommend it. The format and characters show a lot of potential for the rest of the episodes and i'm very intrigued to see how it will all develop. Very interesting twist on what might be perceived as a mundane premise.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

precision posted:

Did it? I just remember her talking to her mother and equating her mother's "accidental" pregnancy with her own which makes absolutely no sense on any level. Unless you're talking about how the baby is the only chance for Dreamy Cancer Guy Who Is Totally Not Way Too Old For Her.

Seriously the episode has a guy that has to be pushing 30 make out with a girl who would have been 15 at the time and sets up a plot for him and the 16 year old to get together at some point. And this is a show people are saying is good?

What show are you watching? Jane is not a teenager she's in her mid 20s.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

pentyne posted:

Enough Simpsons chat, more talk on terrible network shows.

holy poo poo, Stalker was bad before, but they topped themselves this week with a "serial terror stalker" who's just like a serial killer! Some weirdo would basically stalk women then expose them to their greatest fear while taping it.

This show wants so badly to be some extremely compelling police procedural when its all about women who get a creepy feeling that they're being followed, ignore it for months, then get attacked and berate the police for not doing a better job.

Stalker is awesome. It's like a trashy slasher novel from the 80s in classic procedural TV show format, featuring Maggie Q. It's great.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

IRQ posted:

I am not anti-3D, if it sounds that way, but it's so very limited that buying a super expensive tv for it seems dumb. Which was some other poster's point. 3D tvs were a thing for like 2 years then they disappeared.

Lots of TVs you can buy now have 3D capability.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Better add that to the thread title.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

As someone who's never seen a Judd Apatow movie, I don't understand the reference.

Paul Rudd is a famous movie star. Adam Scott's career is at a similar point to where Paul Rudd's was 10 years ago. If he follows a similar trajectory, Adam Scott will be a famous movie star within 10 years.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

IRQ posted:

I only saw like the pilot of Hawaii 50 but I thought he was? Oh well.

Yeah he's one of the 4 leads. Not the very main character but he's still a main part of the show. Daniel Dae Kim is a cool guy.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

CaptainHollywood posted:

Awesome! I remember hearing HBO was going to do a movie... but that was back in May and I had not heard anything since. I thought the last episode was perfect for what it was - but I'm more than welcome to a movie.

Yeah, this was a good little show, if you like awkward social train-wreck style humor you should definitely watch Hello Ladies. Merchant is very funny and plays it like he's not completely clueless, just prone to really unfortunate faux pas, and an actual character not just a bumbling doofus.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Your credibility is shot

His what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

This. Also, watch the first five seasons and pretend it ends after season 5.

All kidding aside it's amazing how consistent and still good Supernatural has managed to stay over 9 seasons.

• Locked thread