Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Eh, I hate all those 80's and 90's "smooth jazz" themes.

Oh, good for you, you got a bass guitar and an alto saxophone. Wouldn't want you to shell out too much money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Toxxupation posted:

I hate every post I read
From division post to raritys
No you'll never make a poster out of me

Oh my god! I was wrong!
They were shows, all along!

Yes you've finally made a poster
(Yes we've finally made a poster)
Yes you've FIN-LLY MADE A POST-ER OUT OF MEEEEEE
Thank you Doctor Who!

You know, every thread in TVIV turned into a Simpsons quoting thread so gradually, I didn't even notice.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Watching old episodes of The Simpsons is weird.

No it doesn't. :downs:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

raditts posted:

You don't even have to build one specifically with HTPCs in mind anymore. Just buy one of these and plug it into your network, and presto, any PC or laptop on the same network is a TV. Since it's got three tuners, get one cablecard from your cable company and it's just as good as three cable boxes.

If you record a lot of TV or have enough people that would be watching more than 3 different channels at the same time, you can buy another one and daisy chain them to add more tuners to your network.

That'd be cool to have, but I'm pretty sure I can't use that with my provider.

It's a local fiber optic company. The fiber comes into the house and immediately goes to a box in the basement, and out of that box is a Cat5 cord that connects into their modem. Out of the out jacks on the modem is for their cable box/DVR, and the other goes to my router.

They don't technically charge for a cable box...unless you want HD channels and/or a DVR, then it's a monthly charge (I think $17 total for an HD DVR.)

At least there's no modem rental fee?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

An article on The Simpsons-Futurama crossover episode.

quote:

The crossover—which features Futurama voicecast members Billy West, John DiMaggio, Katey Sagal, Lauren Tom, Phil LaMarr, Tress MacNeille, and Maurice LaMarche—will unspool a complex, Terminator-esque story that involves Bart blowing his nose on a sandwich that he places in a time capsule. When that mixes with Milhouse’s rabbit’s foot and some radioactive ooze, it creates a global catastrophe in the future, prompting Bender to travel back in time to kill Bart and prevent this mega-mess. And as you’d imagine, “Simpsorama” teems with Futurama inside jokes and a Simpsonized tweak of its title sequence. Adds Jean: “There’s a thing in Futurama code where if you solve it, it says, ‘Congratulations! You’re a nerd.’”

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

There were three precogs, the main one, another girl and a boy.

Yeah, but the main woman one was the only one that could do pre-cog stuff all on her own...the other two, even together, couldn't do pre-crime without her.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Zaggitz posted:

It never reached the lows of the My Name is Earl prison season at least.

I love both those shows so much :(.

Prison Season was ok...the "Earl is in a coma having a coma-dream about his life being a cliche'd 90's sitcom" season, on the other hand...

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Shageletic posted:

That takes me back. Caroline in the City. Suddenly Susan. Veronica's Closet.

Uh...I think they're basically the same show?

There was also some show with Tea Leoni working for a magazine.

And then Just Shoot Me, which wasn't entirely about that one woman, but spent a fair amount of time focused on her.

The 90's LOVED shows about single women working for a magazine/newspaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Anyone else interested in Sons of Liberty?

I expect it to be in almost no way historically accurate, but Agent Hank Schraeder as Benjamin Franklin in all his drunken, womanizing ways?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7QBRTcniS4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfMW2icxVlo

Yes, please.

• Locked thread