Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
And FarScape keeps getting better. The 1st season is easily the worst of the four and you need to watch Peacekeeper Wars for the finale.

edit: gently caress, beaten!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Sober posted:

Holy crap, I'm making my way through Farscape and season 3 keeps getting better. I'm like 6 episodes into this season but holy gently caress I remember some of it when I caught it on TV but first of all the loving 2-parter where Zahn sacrifices herself, followed by the episode where they go back in time and can only unfuck their mistake long enough to not have a total shitshow (but it still ends on a super loving downer) and then John gets cloned and both clones survive while everyone else is having doubts about not being sure if they are the clone or the original.

It only gets better from here doesn't it? I remember bits and pieces but not sure on the timeline but eventually one of the Crichtons dies from radiation poisoning or something?

You got it! Daedalus Demands and Icarus Abides are loving brilliant episodes.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Bown posted:

I feel nothing but sympathy for the both of yous.

also people who are smug about not watching a certain show are so weird.

I'm from Baltimore and I just got bored of local documentaries.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I've really liked the way Person of Interest plays with their intro to set the tone of the episode.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Mu Zeta posted:

In terms of cinematography check out Utopia. It even goes a step further and has a 2.35:1 aspect ratio.

Season 1 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3gxwIqqzB4

The reason you should watch Utopia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01VGtX9xfh0

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
It's what got me hooked too.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I hated Fargo the movie. Fargo the series is so much better.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Whatever happened to Irish Joe?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Longmire is back.

:911:

So good.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
That may be the reason I have both on ignore.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I n regards to Utopia watching in the US, sadly I don't think so.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Utopia will crush any faith you have in your fellow human beings like a loving bug. Also Lee and Arby are the best.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Sober posted:

Starz is still mostly on a per-show basis.

99% of what Showtime has, they ruin eventually.

Penny Dreadful is excellent...so far.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I like drunk history for the history not the drunks.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Sober posted:

Watch a documentary instead.

I do usually.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Fateo McMurray posted:

The Leftovers is ok. You'll hate it if you need everything explained or are a dummy who was set on hating it before you even watch it. Which it seems most people were so they could post about how right they were about not liking it.

I didn't like Lost so I'm staying away from The Leftovers. Life's too short to spend it hate-watching.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Bown posted:

Man, if you guys think that's impressive.....imagine how it looks to someone who has never seen a single second of this show before. That was gob-smackingly incredible.

This. I've never seen this show, I didn't even know it existed. And now holy gently caress. I checked out some other videos and that first one has ruined it for me. Nothing else is close.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Yaoi Mandel posted:

Do you idiots need constant explosions and sword fights to be entertained? Jesus

Yes to the explosions, no to the swordfights.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Longmire is excellent.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

ChickenMedium posted:

That's pretty much how they rolled in Batman: The Animated Series. The style was 1930s and the technology was all present day (or beyond).

Exactly what I was thinking. I now am actually looking forward to it when before I was somewhere between anticipation and cringe.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Into Darkness didn't suck. It just wasn't as good. I like Abram's movies (lens flare and all), but Into Darkness was my least favorite of them.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

bobkatt013 posted:

From chimpan-a to chimpan-z?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB3eL1sZxuI&t=23s

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Just dropping in every 20-30 pages of the thread or so to remind everyone that they owe it to themselves to check out Longmire.

You're missing a good show along with Lou-Diamond Phillips' best acting in years.

Along with Bailey Chase just killing, Peter Weller popping up occasionally, Peter Stormare in an incredible guest role, Katee Sackhoff in the best acting she's ever done. It really is an amazing series.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Britain has Utopia.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

drunkill posted:

Yes!

https://twitter.com/danger5tv/status/494725984969445376

I'll make a new thread for the show sometime soon.

There is a god...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

hcreight posted:

As fun as the Sharknado movies are, the bulk of The Asylum's catalog is still hot garbage and not even enjoyable as B movies. Tread with caution.

I really liked their Sherlock Holmes one actually.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Bown posted:

Hahah that Sherlock cover is literally the season 8 Doctor Who premiere

Well, Gareth David-Lloyd is Watson...

raditts posted:

A better question is "why the gently caress not."
Maybe Sherlock is exploring the mysteries of Jurassic Park! I'm never going to find out, because the actual movie can't possibly live up to that cover.

It almost can.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Aphrodite posted:

It might be a different Asylum film I'm thinking of, but apparently none of that appears in the movie.

Nope, all of it does and is important to the plot.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Tuxedo Jack posted:

That's all I needed to know. I'll skip the rest.

Also, I recently discovered this reality show Face Off about makeup special effects - it's addicting.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3651893

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

VDay posted:

I also started watching Longmire and binged through the first season last week. I'm liking it so far and regret not getting into it from the beginning, although in my defense I saw one of those pre-trailer promos in a movie theater that made it look like some kind of cheesy cowboy drama and completely turned me off from checking it out until now. There are occasional rough spots (the number of times the super honorable, old-fashioned sheriff breaks the law For The Right Reason™ is kind of silly) and the main dude sometimes makes Raylan Givens look like a wall street banker by comparison, but I really like most of the character dynamics and the stuff with the reservation police force and politics is interesting without being too heavy-handed.

And I wish Peter Weller would show up in and direct episodes of every show I watch. That dude continues to be loving awesome.

Season 3 is loving brutal.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

zoux posted:

Good brutal or bad brutal?

Branch is a huge part of it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

GreenNight posted:

Sounds like bullshit to me, for we'd probably have heard it before if it was true.

It is true about the term 'legends'. In most security agencies not just the FBI though.

edit:gently caress beaten.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

precision posted:

10 Shocking Facts About SomethingAwful Posters You Never Knew!!!!

- precision does drugs!
- Bown is British
- Deadpool cosplays as WWE superstar Brock Lesner!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

zoux posted:

Who is this sexxxy boi?

She has her father's jawline for sure.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Banshee is goddamn grindhouse television. I love it so much.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Deadpool posted:

Well someone never saw the all-time classic Frogs.

Or The Legacy...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
To me Man of Steel is an okay-to-good movie, not a great one. I like it more than any of the Chris Reeves Superman films for example.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

raditts posted:

That's not setting the bar terribly high.

I said okay to good, I know the level of the bar. I think all the Reeves movies are pretty wretched.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
And anything else that isn't Last Man Standing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Rarity posted:

No direct stories but Buffy and Angel had characters crossover after the WB/UPN split.

Actually Season 4 of Angel and Season 7 of Buffy were in lockstep as one group fought Ultimate Good and other fought Ultimate Evil. Some really clever dialogue choices reinforced that.

• Locked thread