Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

Deadpool posted:

My last act as mod will be the permanent ousting of the Korra thread to the anime forum so it may not be a burden upon my fellow mods.

:911:

You're doing the Lord's work right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

What do you guys think of the Battlestar Galactica finale? Robots, right?

I liked when the ship went boom.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

I'm going to pretend the last two posts don't exist.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Lizzy Caplan and Allison Janney getting noms is pretty loving dope.

That's all I really got to say about the emmys.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

What the gently caress was the deal with the end of S2:Ep8 for Supernatural? The episode ends and then there's a bunch of clips of upcoming episodes.

That happens usually after the credits play, but in some cases they air right after the episode when you watch it on Netflix.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Good God

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

It helps that whenever actors appear on Norton's show, they can drink.

Alcohol makes everything more fun.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

xeria posted:

I've never watched Dexter but technically the final (worst) season of The L Word aired (roughly) in the last 5 years and I feel pretty confident in saying that it was probably worse than Dexter.

I'll raise you the last three years of Weeds and Entourage after Season 2.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

timp posted:

I keep telling people Dexter's last season was the first time I ever quit watching a show mid-season, but that's because I always forget about Entourage's last season

I feel that Entourage had a worse final season than Dexter because at the very least Dexter resolved the journeys of the characters, despite how awful it was. Entourage had an abbreviated final season that ignored the elements that made up the core of the show, and left the actual series ending for a movie that no one wants to see and will probably never come out as well.

I should make it clear though that I don't think that Entourage was ever a show worth venerating, but I feel that its downward slope led to a worse place than Dexter's downward slope did, which was also godawful.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

IRQ posted:

Is Glee a drama?

It's a dramedy :jerkbag:

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

I pretty much stopped judging pilots when I looked back at all the shows I've watched and discovered that I only liked the Cheers, the Shield, Sopranos, and Deadwood pilots.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

I liked Farrell the best of the Heath Ledger replacement actors in Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, but that might be because him playing the character as a straight rear end in a top hat works better instead of a complete loon like Depp or Law, or a complete non-entity like Ledger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Pillowpants posted:

This. Also, watch the first five seasons and pretend it ends after season 5.

Or really, before the last five seconds of season 5.

• Locked thread