Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

DominoDancing posted:

Everyone I know, including me, is going to watch it, and yet FIFA as an organization is so despicable that it makes me question my own sanity.

By this point, is there any network/organization that this sentence doesn’t describe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Am I going to have to start talking about game shows again?

Because I will do that.

I will loving talk about game shows.

Tell me about Card Sharks.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
It’s starting to get kind of weird in here, so I’m going to just post one of the best TV show themes ever and see what the judgment is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUltrX-ICew

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
- Alias is a show about a spy!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

toanoradian posted:

These past few days I've been binging on game shows that are on YouTube: Jeopardy, The Price is Right, Scrabble, The Chase, etc etc. What other game shows would you guys recommend? Please don't say Deal or No Deal.

Old school (late 70's/early 80's) Card Sharks.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Between this and the news about the pastor from 7th Heaven, today’s posting is as skin-crawling as an episode of Hannibal, but not nearly as beautiful or delicious.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I just learned that Iron Chef, the original Japanese version, was streamed on Netflix!

I also just learned that it’s no longer on Netflix.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

zoux posted:

Anyway, the reason they hate them is the same reason why they can't ever have decent female characters on Supernatural: the fans all want to gently caress the main characters. If you bitch about a companion its because you want to gently caress Dr. Who.

What's wrong with finding the TARDIS attractive? She's got lovely dimensions! :colbert:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Toxxupation posted:

Great thanks for enabling josh Lyman to talk about women

Thanks chat

Well done

I’m getting married this weekend. Am I still allowed to lust after women on television?

Well, women and Wentworth Miller. :allears:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Josh Lyman posted:

You just reminded me how much I loved the first season of Prison Break and how disappointing was everything that came after.

You might want to check out The Flash then if you're not watching it...

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Mo0 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzdRQCnDBlw

This aired on Adult Swim last night, at 4AM, in a slot otherwise marked for infomercials.

It's one of the best deconstructions of television I think I've ever seen, and it's amazing.

It also reminds me that I am a horrible horrible TV show intro nerd. :(

This touches so many nostalgia centers in my brain.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

thrakkorzog posted:

They're are actual decent reasons to respect other people's opinions on TV shows. Falling Skies looked like it had a pretty decent premise. It's like Red Dawn, but with invading aliens, how can you screw that up?

I watched a few episodes, and it felt like it was written by people who were used to writing for the Hallmark channel. So I was not a fan. I occasionally ask around if it has gotten better over time, but nobody has ever argued that you should totally watch Falling Skies.

Falling Skies is the true definition of "mediocre" television. An interesting premise to initially grab viewers, but with by-the-book, cliched writing that's JUST enough to keep a decent number of people watching, with a series of "oh crap, it's the season finale" show-don't-tell moments.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Falling Skies? Gracepoint?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Gotham needs to learn they can spread out the references. Save some stuff for upcoming seasons! Arrow didn’t cram Deathstroke and the Assassin’s League stuff into the first seven episodes.

Gotham is incredibly “wink wink.” The Flash is all “yeah, we’re going to have a telepathic gorilla.”

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

bobkatt013 posted:

They did have Deathstrokes mask in the first episode.

Oh. Well, I've never seen Arrow but know he showed up in a later season. But my point (pretend I used a different example) still stands.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Irish Joe posted:

Your point that the Batman show should reference Batman less?

I don't think that's the killer argument you think it is.

I'm saying it needs to be more subtle and less on the nose. Every now and again, a direct reference is fine, but not on a constant basis.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
So has anyone, or is anyone, watching State of Affairs? I see ads for it on NBC but I don't know a single person who's watched an episode...

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Guys, I'm worried. Someone came into our office just now who is the SPITTING image of the killer from Too Many Cooks. :ohdear:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

zoux posted:

It'll be ok. HBO had to First and 10 before it could Sopranos.

It also had Dream On.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Nettitx?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Irish Joe posted:

Its the one time of year kids understand my Jimmy Durante impression.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

zoux posted:

State of Affairs is real bad yall.

I've overheard more water cooler conversation about The Flash than I have about this show.

• Locked thread