Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Me, I say skip the first season, because it inspired a deep and abiding loathing for Andy and Tom that didn't go away until halfway through season 3 and sometime in season 4, respectively, when they expect you to be sympathetic to them by midway through season 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Zaggitz posted:

In terms of gore that's definitely the most hosed up thing the show does. Don't give up on it yet! :smith:

Well, I mean, the most hosed up bit is like a minute after that, but yeah, that scene's the worst one in the show, violence-wise.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

WYA posted:

Is the Larry Sanders show good?

Very much so. HBO's first really good show.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Didn't they also do Robot Wars? That was fun when I was about 10.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Honestly, a few parts seem a little forced to return to the dynamic of the first series. But everything with Jessica is great, and all of the other factors like the music and cinematography are maintained.

Care to explain further what you mean in the Utopia thread? I'm having a hard time figuring out which parts you're talking about.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Irish Joe posted:

I'm old. Someone explain the pig joke in the thread title.

The most glorious television event in Canadian history: THE STARLOST.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Season 2 of Firefly was gonna have an episode when Inara got raped by Reavers so yeah I'm glad it only went one season.

Wait what?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
e: Never mind, I'm dumb.

whowhatwhere fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Sep 12, 2014

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Zaggitz posted:

Supernatural is definitely worth it for the first five seasons. Given the action/genre shows you listed that you enjoyed, maybe also give Person of Interest a try?

He said he can't do shows with extended downtime so you pick a show which is boring as poo poo for most of its first season.

VDay posted:

This has been your yearly reminder that Spartacus was a really drat good show.

This is your yearly clarification that it's only a really drat good show after the first five episodes, which are terrible-to-mediocre. It's gold after that, though.

whowhatwhere fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Sep 17, 2014

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Talking about POI, not SPN.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Zaggitz posted:

Spartacus is 110% worth the time investment. The insane boost in quality it makes even makes parts of those earlier bad eps pretty okay looking back.

ONLY in retrospect though. Don't actually go back and think that maybe you were wrong about them. You weren't, and you'll hate yourself a little for even trying.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

zoux posted:

Before I listen to opinions re: Billie Piper it's important that I know if yall are whotards or not.

Surely that disclaimer only applies if they praise her.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Ariza posted:

Is there a lot more kid killing after the initial episode? It upset me on a base level with the opening scene and I never went back to it.

Not a lot, but there is some, yes.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

...I don't know if you're loving with me or not. Doesn't help that I just got back from seeing Gone Girl.

He's not loving with you. It's real.

Also dammit BrUtopia's brilliant and everyone should watch the first season at least.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Aphrodite posted:

You should make a thread. We don't have enough about people nobody cares about watching shows nobody cares about.

Make a thread reviewing every post in the occ/xx Dr who thread.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

the panacea posted:

Can't wait for the final episode of peaky blinders s02. This is one of the best shows.

I kinda hated the love story + jealous older guy subplot, was that much of a focus in s2?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Toxxupation posted:

Over the bullshit of aang finding a magical solution to all of his problems that let him win anyways? Or aang magically finding a solution where he could still get katara and become the avatar? Yes

The last air benders finale is worthless garbage that sells out it's own conceits just to give everyone an unearned happy ending despite it not making any logical sense

The best part of tla was aang having to wrestle with the moral ambiguities of murder and his mission, and giving him a magical ability to suck the powers out of the fire lord so he didn't have to kill anyone nor see the negative consequences of letting the fire lord live was some cheap bullshit

But I mean it was a bad anime so what do you expect I guess

Why am I agreeing with occupation :psyduck:

(also it was good apart from the ending. If they had to give aang a bullshit out to the dilemma they should have had him be worried about something else).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Pillowpants posted:

Why do people keep casting Schaal in things?

Schaal is not the member of that duo I would ask that question about.

• Locked thread