Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
So I watched the 2nd Z Nation ep.

Wait a sec, I thought the 1st ep it was 'fast aggressive zombies', suddenly its 'slow passive zombies'?

I mean, they go up that metal staircase and just walk by a bunch, who don't see that interested. I could have sworn in the first episode they kept running at them like sprinters from everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Anyone watching The Intruders on BBC America? I've got five episodes on my DVR and with the fall season starting as well as my month long annual unhealthy over consumption of horror films its time for me to decide whether I delete the show I've never really been that inspired to watch or give it a chance.

I'm watching it, but fading. Its slow and confusing, and now the characters seem to be inconsistent. At first they just murdered anyone in their way, any any witnesses, and now - nope, those with plot armor are exempt for no good reason.

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010

GreenNight posted:

You didn't listen well enough. Brand new zombies are fast as poo poo. The older the zombies are, the slower they get.

Ah, missed that, thanks. At least it was explained.

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010

sbaldrick posted:

Its not as good as baseball, the only documentary that made me spend 20 hours on a sport I hate.

I liked it, but it should have been titled "Baseball - as seen from New York or Boston".

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
Anyone watch Madam Secretary?

I didn't realize the Sec of State could order military operations, both special forces and CIA, and hire mercenaries. Also special force ops report to her before the POTUS.

Also no way her CIA friend is dead, he faked it.

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

2nd episode of Madam Secretary only got a 1.4 but did have 12.72 million viewers. I wonder if CBS will hold onto it if a lot of those are older, wealthy viewers.

They need to rename it "Madam Secretary Knows Best". She's always right so far and has the perfect answer, while the President, Chief of Staff, Aids, Press, Children are all aggressively wrong about everything. She also controls special forces ops, telling the President afterwards what happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010

Mister Bates posted:

There's actually a second twist near the end which partially undoes the first twist - the experiment actually was a spaceflight program all along, the eugenics program was basically intended to breed a Guild Navigator, and the series ends with their first successful subject having accidentally teleported a member of the crew to an alien planet.

Really, that last episode pissed me off so much. You've got the only sympathetic character from the outside-world segments getting absolutely and definitely killed off (shot in the loving face on-screen, holy poo poo), the experiment remaining pretty securely covered up, the creepy megalomaniac who runs the project maintaining his control over it, his Nazi father's eugenics experiments getting vindicated, everyone in the ship remaining trapped in the ship, a little girl with magic powers people literally call 'The Starchild', and absolutely zero resolution of any of the show's plot threads. It ended on a loving cliffhanger, for Christ's sake. It wasn't even an 'and now the adventure continues!' thing, it was an actual, honest-to-God cliffhanger.

But at least they are actually going to space for real now. Still would have been better without the Earth bits, though.

Actually the last episode saved it for me. I cheered when the dumb outsiders were whacked.

• Locked thread