Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Irish Joe posted:

"Kids love Batman. Kids love going to school. What if we made a show where Batman goes to school?"

"Holy poo poo that's amazing."
Yeah Batman Beyond was pretty cool

Also holy poo poo they are making a Magic School Bus reboot on Netflix? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Deadpool posted:

Well that was completely terrible and unfunny and makes me glad I don't watch this show that's based on it.
I recommend watching the actual show, especially "Love Potion #9" and "Rixty Minutes"

Oh and watch "Something Ricked Comes This Way" just for the ending alone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VEyVamLjYY

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Surprised it took this long for VH1 to finally finish reviewing the 2000s. I have a soft spot for the "I Love" series since it introduced me to comedians like Michael Ian Black and Patrice O'Neal, but I bet this new one isn't as good.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

MrAristocrates posted:

I just bought American Gods like two days ago but haven't started on it. I should probably get to reading it after hearing about this.
Don't have your mom read it, because you'll have to deal with her wondering what you are reading.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Fooz posted:

I never understood why people would watch the same 3 shark documentaries on repeat for a week, let alone get excited about it.

Maybe I just don't belong on this earth.
Look man watching Great Whites launch out of the water killing seals in South Africa will never get old.

Also going to your blue collar water authority job and hearing one of the foreman talk about how great that Megaladon documentary was and how he didn't know that something that big still exists in the ocean.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Irish Joe posted:

Its been 20 years. Come up with a new animal. What about Penguin Week? Elephant Week? Alligator Week? Everybody loves alligators.
Dinosaur week is something I'm surprised Discovery hasn't done yet, hell maybe when the new Jurassic Park movie comes out they'll do it to promote it. That and History will do a doc on how Jurassic Park changed the world and was really influential and is the greatest piece of cinema ever.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

IRQ posted:

Quite good, but never, ever, read the thread. Although that was true of Avatar as well.

It's the closest Korra has gotten, as a complete season, to Avatar in its entire run. The origin of the avatar two-parter last season was still the best it's done as a show though.
I would argue it was definitely better than the first season of Avatar and on par with season 3. Shame that even though the show got legit good that the thread found ways to go horribly horribly wrong.

Aphrodite posted:

It's because you haven't watched the early ones recently and don't realize how lovely your tastes were then. Or you have and your taste is still lovely.

They do not have a single redeeming quality.
I can barely remember anything good from the early seasons of FG, I think it was probably at its best the season before cancellation and then the season or two after it got revived.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

raditts posted:

Yeah, IIRC the only times they didn't do "all that well" was when Ninja Warrior was just a Japanese show on G4 that nobody heard of or cared about, and so the American entrants were G4 viewers in their teens or early 20s. Even before that I remember there being a few American regulars that usually made it at least to stage 2, like the Steiner Brothers and Paul Hamm.
When you said Steiner Brothers all I can think about was Scott Steiner in his chain mail gear trying to compete in ANW and it just made me laugh for a minute straight. I always thought ANW was kind of lame because where does the warrior part hit, why isn't there a combat section where you fight a bunch of mooks?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

American Gods is a mediocre at best novel
Maybe, but I like the trope of old gods just milling around modern society; too bad that Gaiman can never land a good ending.

Especially something as good as Sandman where there is a lot of great poo poo in it and then the ending is blaaaaaah.

Also owning American Gods is worth it when your parents pick it up and read it and then come back to you going "What the hell did I buy you?"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

IRQ posted:

My mom keeps telling me I'd like that book. I keep telling her it's boring as hell.

As for modern gods in present day, just watch Stargate again!
Yeah but I'm not really a fan of the ancient aliens/gods are really super advance aliens trope

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

raditts posted:

But it taught us such interesting new words!

Didn't this also happen in BTAS too?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I hear Sam Neill is also quite good in it which I am happy for because Sam Neill is awesome and has never really been bad in a role sans getting that paycheck for JP3.

IRQ posted:

I have never seen that show.
I really need to since the closest Twin Peaks related thing I have watched is Fantomas cover of the song from "Fire Walk With Me"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diR4dCn0R0s

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Oct 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

zoux posted:

I haven't seen it but if happened when he was younger it wasn't a plot device it was a thing that happened in history.
Those were always rumors used in political attack ads by his enemies.

Mu Zeta posted:

The last season has Julius Caesar and Marcus Crassus kicking rear end and they are awesome while also being the villains.
I wish we got a Julius Caesar spinoff, but then it would just turn into Rome except in the style of Spartacus.

• Locked thread