Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Josh Lyman posted:

Defying Gravity is going to be amazing!

I liked it well enough and it certainly looked better than more expensive productions. The only major problem with what it attempted was focusing too much on the soap aspects, treating the science-fi as a means to an end instead of reveling in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

PriorMarcus posted:

The main problem with Del Toro is he works only in visuals

The main problem with Del Toro is that he's a giant child, forever more concerned with tickling his own fancy than reaching his potential. Amazing stuff the time or two he's focused but otherwise he's serenely floating down the river Burton.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

zoux posted:

Yes the androgynous Allison Williams.

Not much by the way of curves and a plainly cute face, a short wig and green costume should be more than ample to making her sexless.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Irish Joe posted:

Jason Ritter, star of hit NBC series The Event?

Bigger than the lady who had the mega-role of principal on Disney's A.N.T. FARM, at least.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

raditts posted:

Why did they make him die? I remember I got bored of it at some point and then randomly watched it again later on and saw Eko's stupid, stupid loving death scene.

I recall the actor requesting it, hating living on an island.

Re: Wrestling, Colosseum opera is a viable form of storytelling.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Irish Joe posted:

I know this is from a few pages back, but I just wanted to throw in my two cents: I hate The League. I think its unfunny, subpar garbage and always has been. I never talk about it because I've never actually managed to sit through an episode without throwing my remote at the television. Howwwwwwever, everybody owes it to themselves to watch the Jason Mantzoukas/Seth Rogen episode from season 5, "Rafi and Dirty Randy" (available on Netflix). It is one of the funniest, craziest and just plain fun episodes of television ever produced.

Dramatist aside, that episode is an excellent 22 minutes.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Anime. Meta self-commentary. Sass. Hyperbole. Perpetual need to talk about cool drugs.
Good to know some things never aren't things.

What is the worst season of SOUTH PARK? It's an awful show for awful, small people who likes things to look like other things, to validate their fart joke belief systems. I lost a toxx, and so whatever is the worst I'm going to endure. Or maybe someone buy me Platinum and I can read precision's post history for the Cliff's Notes.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

I would love it if I was a 45-year-old woman.

Pretty much. It's but a Mary Sue soap opera, no more smart or evolved than PASSIONS.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Gotham City is a far more interesting character than Batman himself but the two require being informed by each other, which is why THE DARK KNIGHT is so beloved despite not being about Batman. The premise, the potential is all there, though the implication that Gordon and our protagonists are so damned ineffectual that the cast of villains is all there and will still be free twenty years later looms over what all know to come later and will likely sour people very quickly.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

precision posted:

Child abuse is hilarious? :(

It's all in how the child takes the hit, really.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

3D TVs are a dumb gimmick that pretty much died already. It's for suckers.

You say that but I own a 3D and everyone loves popping the glasses on in a private setting. Starz has 3D movies on demand, the Blu-rays really aren't much more expensive than the standard releases, U-Verse had a 3D channel during/for the last Olympics, and it's a bit of a spectacle in social environments when you can just throw a bunch of music videos up on a Youtube playlist and convert them.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

IRQ posted:

3D is good if a thing was shot in 3D (which is, basically, Avatar or cartoons rendered in 3D).

Do you at least have the passive 3D glasses, or are you talking the ridiculous giant shutter goggles?

A lot of post conversion can be good, like DREDD or Hayley Atwell in the red dress in CAPTAIN AMERICA. Also, casual shades.

Josh Lyman posted:

Yes, they are fun in social environments. But people are stupid, and the operative word is fun.

Agreed, but I enjoy getting toasty and kicking back front row so I get a lot of value beyond my lab rat friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

sbaldrick posted:

I tired to like Banshee but it just seemed like it was trying to hard to be edgy.

Granted, the advertising for the show does paint it as an exercise in soulless mayhem, which I was convinced of until I recently watched the first two seasons, but there is a really great cast of characters and stories going on by S01's end.

• Locked thread