Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
The Mercenaries 2 chat in this thread made me go buy it. It's on sale for $4.99 on Origin right now. I only got to muck about for maybe half an hour so fr, but the Swedish character with the mohawk is voiced by Peter Stormare, which I immediately recognised and loved. The Swedish mercenaries chatter while running around picking up new weapons, getting hit, killing guys is hilarious, made more so with Peter Stormare's slow drawl.

In Watchdogs, I like how the enemies, once you've tagged them, all have a designated rate, from regular to veteran to elite. This tells you which guys will be better under pressure, more accurate and more aggresive in a fight. The little thing I love is that when the bad guys have explosives on them, you can hack the explosives and make them detonate, which is always hilarious. Where the ranking comes into it is that the more professional the guy, the better he generally takes finding he has an armed bomb strapped to him. Elites usually manage to get the bomb off and throw it away, with some remark about how it's lovely harware, or disbelief due to the "5 fail safes" built into them, while regular guys freak the gently caress out, and then die.

One gang member I found was walking around, went between a couple of veteran and elite guys, and I hacked the grenades in his pocket. The telltale "beep beep beep" of live explosives started up, and the elite and veteran guys immediately ducked for cover, while the regular dumb-rear end gangster stood there, and said "who's phone is that?".

Boom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
The Far Cry 2 talk reminded me of one time I cleared out an outpost, and I knew from my recon that I'd killed all but one guy. I'm stalking along the edge of the road past some little huts when I hear clear as day someone whistle from inside the hut to my left, as I was passing its open door. An obvious "hey look over here" kind of whistle. I stopped, turned and looked into the gloom (Another little thing about Far Cry 2 was how your eyes would have to adjust to interior and exterior lighting) then walked in, confused because the hut was empty. Once I was in the center of the hut, standing there like an idiot, I saw a hand grenade get tossed neatly in through the open window and land at my feet. I had enough time to think "No way the AI just do that..." when I got blown to poo poo.

To this day, it still sticks in my mind as one of the best AI tricks I've seen. The crafty little bastard literally use an obvious lure on me into a trap, the kind I've used on countless idiot enemies in countless games. I'm incredibly disapointed that Far Cry 3 doesn't have the awesome AI tricks and features that Far Cry 2 had.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
That's because holy poo poo if a guy like trevor stumbled up to me first thing in the morning in his underwear I'd call the cops too.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Mousepractice posted:

They used to have this in my local pub. Ad posters behind the glass that lit up in sequence. It was dumb as poo poo and nobody bought the ad space, so it got disused pretty quick.

I DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is essentially Australia: In Space.

As an Australian, I love it. I am concerned that many non-Australians won't get most of the jokes and references, however.

EDIT: I mean, maybe I just don't have enough faith in the rest of the world, but I don't see the typical American "getting" why a quest to find a jolly swagman (who is literally camped under a Coolabah Cryo Vine) given by a guy called PeePot is funny.

What I'm trying to say is, I really like the new Borderlands game because it seems like the devs went "You know what? Screw the rest of the world, let's replace all the pop culture references with Australiana stuff, and make an Aussie game, by Aussies for Aussies."

I love it, but I'm afraid it might become something dragging the game down for the rest of the world.

princecoo has a new favorite as of 00:22 on Oct 20, 2014

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Judge Tesla posted:

I've always been partial to Techland and their Dead Island games, I gather Dying Light is more or less how those games should have been from the start, it's on my "To eventually buy" list now!

If you liked Dead Island, then Dying Light should absolutely be on your "Buy right the gently caress now" list.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Tiggum posted:

Race Driver: Grid allows me to use my favourite car racing tactic, sliding sideways into the car ahead of me in order to take a corner way too fast. :haw:

Is that not a genuine racing tactic? Because if so, I've been cheating at racing games for years.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Away all Goats posted:

I laugh every single time I shoot a dynamite/grenade on some dude's belt in New Vegas causing them to blow up. I laugh even harder when I shoot it in their hand or in the air and it blows up in their face.

I have finished New Vegas 4 times, started it on new characters at least a dozen times, and I did not know this.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Pillars Of Eternity has a companion you can bring along called Eder. His dialogues and VA always make me smile. He's just so good natured, it's funny. At one point he wanted to pet the fox bonded to another ranger companion. Later, the ranger asked him how his hand was, and he said it was purple, and he might have to cut it off. The ranger said she warned him, then Eder goes "Well if you're not supposed to pet him, why is he so soft?!"

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Male Man posted:

He also has dialog for a bunch of the animal non-combat vanity pets. Dude just loves animals.

Oh, really? How do I get them to trigger? I have several pets I didn't really know what to do with, since my main isn't a Ranger. So I've had a Labrador following me around for a while now, (who does seem to run into fights, and help) but I've also got 2 cats (one undead), a Beagle and a Wurm. I'd love some more Eder chat.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Grey Fox posted:

This was such a double-edged sword for me. After finishing the game and taking some time to reflect, I wonder if the game would've been better off just cutting those quests entirely. It seems really weird to me that you have a team of developers/writers working on missions that they themselves recognize to be rote/bullshit, yet they chose to devote resources to including them in game. It's basically saying "yeah, we don't like these kinds of quests either, but every loving AAA game has them so they must be important for some reason."

Well, I can see why they would have kept them. One, they're optional. Two, they pad out the gameplay a bit, they are another challenge to keep the player playing. Three, and this I think is important, having the PC react to them just like the player does a fantastic job of endearing the character to the player as an other, likable protagonist.

Either the PC does and says nothing in reaction to the request for him to go collect 75 hairy boomer testicles, (ala Gordon Freeman) and I, the player, am at least indifferent and project myself onto the blank slate that is the PC in that case.
Or, the PC is all "Hairy Boomer Testicles? gently caress yeah, i'm on it" in which case I, the player, go "This is bullshit. My character is stupid. Why can't I tell him to gently caress off?"
In Dying Light, the main character reacts much like the player does, which (as has been proven multiple times in this very thread) makes the player like the character all the more, and therefore become more invested in the characters story, because we like him (because he's just like us, you see?)

Those optional quests are an opportunity to get us to know and like Crane more.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
GTA 5 on the PC has a new Director mode.

It allows you to be and character or NPC from the game, and you can record gameplay then edit it from alternate camera angles or even with a free camera. Add your own soundtrack and music, filters and all that good stuff, then export directly to youtube.

Bonus: Director mode also lets you control time of day, weather and gives you a bunch of literal cheats via an ingame menu (god mode, no wanted level, moon gravity etc) and removes money and gives you unlimited ammo.

The result is a sandbox mode where you can go absolutely crazy and not worry about your cash being lost due to deaths/arrests, and look like anyone you want to.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
I found Absolution to be just as much fun as Blood Money and Contracts. That said, it is very different in style. It's still got the Hitman "feel" in places where you have to change clothes to gain access to areas, and it's still got opportunites to be creative with how you take out your targets, but it's much more linear and when poo poo goes sideways it is often much more forgiving.

And don't worry about not playing previous games; the Hitman series is one of those series where each game can be enjoyed independently of all the others.

Pretty sad about all the problms with Arkham Knight, I was really lookng forward to it on PC. I'm amused by the possibility of exploding baddies via car crash into unconciousness, the previous games were pretty good at believably keepng enemies from being killed (irreparably maimed maybe, but not dead). Although once I did somehow manage to kick the last enemy in a brawl down an elevator shaft, something like a good 10 or so stories in Arkham City. I laughed pretty hard when detective vision told me he was unconcious.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Tiggum posted:

Beaten unconscious and left in the snow with no help on the way is dead. Even if Batman did call an ambulance, they're probably still dead. Even if every one of them made it to a hospital, there's no way the hospitals are going to be able to handle that many seriously injured people coming in in such a short amount of time. Batman is a serial mass murderer.

When you leave the area then come back, the bodies are all gone. I figure there is a market for unconcious bad guy removal services that just contracts out to the city. Hell, if Bruce Wayne is as smart as he's supposed to be, he'd have started the company himself as an offshoot of Wayne Enterprises. The ones that have not had their arms broken and their knees crushed are given an icepack, an assortment of drugs and sent home.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Sleeveless posted:

Destiny is doing an exclusive tie-in promo with Red Bull:

In response, Dying Light announced their own exclusive beverage promo:

Ha, that's cool. I can appreciate that.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

TheMostFrench posted:

Also when you hang from a ledge, you can press R2 and L2 do a pull up. If you do 100 full pull ups your grip strength will increase and you can hang for longer.

Yeah, I remember hearing about it and doing it for the boost in grip strength and thinking "haha, it worked! Surely it will be a valuable asset at some point!"

Nope. It's literally there just because Hideo Kojima is a lunatic and obsessive about putting little things in his games.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Also each pullup took like 3 or 4 seconds each, and you'd get "tired" after a while and have to climb up, then climb back down to reset your grip-meter. To do it took a stupid amount of time.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Holy poo poo. Pun unintended.

I'm really liking the AI and how it sends reinforcements to outposts, and sends in search parties to look for you when you gently caress up, but keeps sentries in places that make sense.

Also the Fulton. Problem is, now I have a big army of lovely kidnapped Russian soldiers. Is there any way to dismiss them, or increase their skill rankings?

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Those custom music vids from MGSV are great, I had a fantastic experience that I sadly didn't record. A prisoner extraction went sideways halfway through, so I popped smoke and legged it for a jeep.

Helicopter came in blaring AC/DCs "Thunderstruck", mowed down a bunch of guys, then as if on a scripted cue, spun around to face a small group of soldiers firing on it from behind cover as the lyrics went "You've been..."

There is a pause in the music...

Thunderstruck!"

And the chopper fires a salvo of missiles at the group, obliterating them as the music goes nuts.

To top it off, my hectic getaway driving was assisted by the chopper following and blasting evreything the whole time, and through sheer providence, I finished the mission, boarded the helicopter and Big Boss closed the door and finished the mission just as the track was finishing the last note.

It could not have been scripted better. This loving game.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
I'm playing Mad Max at the moment and it's got a few neat litle things in it.

If you fall a distance enough to hurt (but not kill) yourself, Max walks with a limp for a bit afterwards, favouring his good leg.

Your mechanic dude yells and whoops while you're driving around, and says poo poo about stuff you see or go past, but I had to grin when, after a short road battle with some buggies, they drove off, since I'd damaged them enough to scare them away.
My mechanic guy calls after them "What are you, chicken? KAKAAH!" It's a reference to the TV show Arrested Development, wherein the Bluth family don't seem to understand what a chicken sounds like, with their attempts at mimicry sounding like "Kakah!"

Talking to some random person on the side of the road, and they go "I've heard of some great deeds. Surely it can't really be you?" then the mechanic goes "It is. And don't call him Shirley."

I also love the drummers. In cerain strongholds/camps, there are these guys suspended by ropes over areas that are generally Arena-like in some way. You enter, get swarmed by guys and the drummer startes drumming and chanting and cheering his guys on. If he does this for long enough, he buffs every enemy in and around the camp, which means snipers fire faster and more accurately, missile towers fire faster and with more projectiles in each salvo and regular enemies can take more of a beating, atack faster/are more aggresive and become harder to counter. The drummers are not a threat by themselves though; it seems the drums they are beating are also very explosive, since shooting one makes him detonate and just cutting the rope and making him fall to the ground also results in a fatal explosion for the guy.

What's funny is if you complete the area by defeating all the attackers, but don't kill the drummer, they will say all sorts of funny things, like

"War Boys! Come he... oh. There's no-one left. Huh. It's just me and you."
"Ah, so, um... Do you need a drummer? I'm pretty good, been at it a few years."
"No, wait! There is a rule - you don't kill the drummer!"

It never gets old, after this big frantic fight with often buffed guys, all the while these drums are banging and he's swinging around up on his rope yelling and poo poo, once you've won, they're always so dejected and they just kind of slowly swing in the wind, while trying to be casual and hope you don't kill them too.

Also, according to the Mad Max IMDB: "On top of this game being an open world game, there are zones past the handmade world that are procedurally generated, meaning the area in Mad Max that can be explored is essentially infinite."

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Starhawk64 posted:

This is a lie because if you drive out of bounds it's nothing but endless empty desert and your health depletes real quick.

I was looking forward to testing that later. Oh well!

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Insurgency is a multiplayer tactical FPS I've been playing a lot of lately, and it has a few cool little features I enjoy.

First of all, it's entirely "hardcore", you will die from 1 or 2 shots to the chest. I personally prefer my online shooter games to be like that. I get why people don't though.

Second, it has a fairly well fleshed out co-op series of gametypes with a nice variety of maps. The bots are okay, and can react to gunfire, footsteps and will flank you, or wait patiently for an unaware group to pass before opening up on them. They're also decently accurate, but don't seem to have that "perfect eyesight" some games give the AI, smoke grenades are a viable way to break their line of sight and they will sometimes lay down suppressive fire on a position they know you're at.

Third, the communications from yourself and team-mates are really good. If you reload, your guy automatically calls out "Cover me, I'm dry" or something similar to let everyone know, call out if you're going to detonate C4 or throw a grenade "Throwing a grenade in there!" or "Popping smoke!" which really helps with immersion. But my favourite thing is when an enemy is suppressing you or a stray bullet impacts nearby, your guy gets a bit frantic with his voice with things like "Oh jesus gently caress" or "Ooh nonono" if you're in a firefight and run out of ammo. It makes it more immersive by way of your guy exclaiming pretty much what you were thinking.

Also when you are at an objective you'll get an announcement over the radio saying soming like "We've got friendly guys on Bravo, we're taking it" or "Whoa hold up, there is an enemy counter attack incoming, dig in!"

Recently I was playing a co-op match and the entire team got killed, leaving one guy to capture a point. (when this happens the remaining player gets "Last Man Standing" and the radio voice lets them know "You're all that's left, bug out or get it done!" or something similar) He did so, but then the point needed to be defended against a counter attack. Friendly players only respawn upon the completion of an objective, so he had to hold off waves of enemies alone for 45 seconds.

He managed it, and as we all respawned the radio voice goes "Haha whoa, I was sure he was gonna get killed!"

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
I'm really enjoying Fallout 4 and the myriad of little things they have put into it.

I like how NPCs wil comment on the weather, and how the things you do are remembered throughout the commonwealth. Their previous games did this too, but Fallout 4 does it easily the best. People recognise you, and remark on it, but not to the extent they did in Skyrim, and if you take the time to read terminals and notes left by raiders or group leaders, they directly reference locations in which everyone got killed - by you - but no-one knows who did i because there were no survivors.

The radiant quest system feels more organic that Skyrims attempt, and I was surprised to find they are time sensitive if they involve kidnapping.

I love that i can put different pieces of armour on my various limbs. I like how I have built a 3 storey hotel/bar in Sanctuary, in which the downstairs is one big garage showcasing my 6 power armours I've recovered and am slowly rebuilding.

Also, the dog actually sits like a real loving dog.

There is a "Throw Grenade" button now. Thank Christ.

Enemies actually take cover and flank you now. And suppress you.

Just the settlement building in general, it's not a "little" thing but I really, really do appreciate that it actually is quite robust and works surprisingly well. If I could just find some goddamn adhesive, copper and ceramics, I'd be perfectly happy.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
I also like how you can mark things for collection, so if you want to build something in particular, but don't have enough screws or glass or whatever, you can mark them and then everything that contains those base components when broken down has a little magnifying glass icon next to their name when you look at them, so you know to collect it.

The scavenging in FO4 has really shaken up my playstyle. I used to be a wandering hoarder with multiples of the same gun and armour (for repairs and companions and to sell) but now I've got 2 sidearms, a really good shotgun for clearing buildings, a sweet modded rifle for wandering the Commonwealth and an assault rifle I'm keeping because I have plans to mod it into a decent room sweeper. Everything else is junk for parts or sale. I now keep new found pre-modded weapons long enough to replace the mod with standard parts then store the mods back at a home-base, then junk the weapon and use the parts to put the new mods onto my standard weapons. I've kept the starter pistol and the same rifle for most of my playthrough, because it is cheaper to build and replace good mods with defaults then put the good mods on your regular kit.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
The enemies in FO4 also flank and suppress, cover each other and make pushes on locations too.

I was happily cleaning up a new settlement when gunfire and explosions kicked off a short distance through the woods. I could see laser rifle fire through the trees, so I wandered a little closer to have a look.

It was a group of Children of Atom who were holding position in an abandoned house and the bar/resturant next to it, against a group of Gunner raiders, who were trying to take it.

Normally these fights in other Fallouts or Skyrim are a case of "oh I'll just wade in there and kill them all" or "Eh, I'll see who wins then clean up the survivors" but it was just so beautiful, crouched in the woods watching these guys light up the night sky with their gunfire, then a truck and a car detonated in a massive nuclear fireball, illuminating the trees and making everyone take cover. Then the gunners had one guy hold up across the street and spray the Atom guys postion with automatic laser rifle fire while 2 others pushed up to the doors and threw acouple of grenades/molotovs in, and a 4th raider waited around the back.

It was awesome. The Atom guys didn't stand much of a chance. When a sniper round from hiding dropped their supressive support guy, the guy around the back ran to take his place, and quickly recieved a round too. The 2 guys safely inside the building now tried to take cover but each one was dispatched when they tried to change position to get a bead on me. It was fantastic. Almost like it was scripted.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

. Two huge hulks rain laser death at the entrance (while Valentine tries his best :3:) and proceed to stomp across the narrow floating bridge. They get about half-way and fall off. I just see a stream of bubbles and thought they died.
Nope, they are walking across the ocean floor grumbling about raiders.

Related, that same town I stumbled on and got into a firefight with the raiders. 2 fell into the water, one I managed to kill by spraying the water where I thought he went in, and the other got stuck under a submerged boat. I dived in to see where she went, and watched as her life bar slowly drained as she drowned. Upon death, she flailed around like a person desperate to surface for air for a bit before going limp and floating to the surface.

That the BOS power armour guys don't float is a nice touch. Just keep on truckin' along the ocean floor, unlike unarmoured people who generally float/swim.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

So if I find a second power suit out in the field, what should I do with it? Just hop in and fast travel it back home and leave it there with my other one?

Well, yeah, if you want. That's what I did, except I then built a 3 story bar/hotel with a display room on the bottom floor showcasing my 6 power armours and their assorted paint jobs.

Alternatively, you can always assign a follower a suit, or even beef up your settlement defence by ordering a settler to stomp around in one while on patrol.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
In the new Battlefront game, I really like how snow clings to your body when you die and ragdoll. It's a neat little touch.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
I like how Fallout 4 followers don't "like" or "dislike" things you do that they don't see.

So Piper likes it when I pick locks, but disapproves if I pick an "owned" lock. (Because theft? I don't know)

The solution is to tell her to walk away and pick the lock while her back is turned. Didn't see it, doesn't know about it, can't not like it!

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
So I got the perk that lets you set up supply lines between settlement in Fallout 4. It makes setting up new bases so much easier.

Sending a single settler from each settlement to link it to another settlement makes them wander off in the direction of whichever settlement you've assigned them to. I got worried about them all alone so each settler I assign to be a supply guy I give him a kickass gun and some ammo, and a suit of whatever good armour I have sitting around. I've started hoarding armours just for settlers anyway.

Also, to make it easy, I've assigned everyone to link to Sanctuary. That way every settlement is linked through Sanctuary.

I just figured the settlers you send off despawn or wander alone until they get killed or something. Not so.

Fast travelled to Sanctuary and was surprised to see an enormous caravan of Brahmin loaded up with stuff in a train heading out the front gates, accompanied by the settlers I'd assigned. So basically an incredibly well equiped convoy, all headed down the road, each one eventually beaking off to their settlement. The raider who tries to take that juicy target is in for a hell of a surprise.

Oh look, a big bunch of settlers and cattle wanding the road. Let's gently caress their poo poo up.

*6 miniguns and countless plasma/laser rifles appear from the settlers in full combat armour*

Oh.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

McDragon posted:

Reminded me of the Flood in the first Halo, you could blast off their arms and they'd just follow you around looking awkward.

I remember I'd try to see how big an armless army I could make. Then in later games they'd headbutt you if they had no arms, which took the fun out of it :(

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Chill out, dude.

I'm playing the character as lawful good my first time through, but figured finally meeting Kellog would be enough to even make my decent kind hearted guy get his wrath on. So I chose "Sarcasm" as my final "Let's get this done" reply and was delighted to hear (paraphrased)

"You know, when I die in 100 years, I hope I go to hell so I can kill you all over again you murdering motherfucker!"

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
I had a random encounter in Just Cause 3 last night, where I came across a woman who needed her car towed to a service station. The service station was just around the corner, so I thought I'd give it a go, tethered her car to a random nearby car and off I went.

No problems, until I was approaching the service station, I realised I had no way of controlling the speed of the car being dragged behind me. I braked, hoping it would bump up into the rear of the car I was driving, but the angle was all wrong, resulting in the towed car clipping my back right tail light, flipping rolling into the service station, where it came to rest on its side, leaning on the fuel pumps.

I hopped out of my car just as the pumps detonated and destroyed the whole area in a massive explosive fireball, and flinging the womans car into the stratosphere.

On cue, I completed the job (the car was delivered after all) and Rico says with the most self satisfied smug voice "And that's how it's done." :smug:

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
I know it's not a little thing, but I really like the Campaigns for the Call of Duty franchise.

I say it's a little thing, because all the people I know who play COD are people I work with, and stupid teenagers. They openly admit to never even touching the single player and only ever play multiplayer.

I'm the opposite, I'll maybe have a few rounds of multiplayer because it's there, but I buy them for the singleplayer. I know the stories are not going to be winning any awards by any stretch, and the gameplay is exactly the same as it was 10 years ago, but I view the games as less "game" and more "movie that requires me to occasionally click on mans". The stories remind me of those action flicks that were so popular in the late 80s/early 90s that I really dig, but don't seem to be made any more. The fact that the last few have bothered to get a bunch of actually famous and/or decent actors cast helps too.

So I guess I appreciate that they still bother, when their target audience doesn't give a gently caress and their direct competition already has given up on singleplayer campaigns altogether.

Edit: I think I just basically said that the COD games would be better movies than games and... yeah actually I'm okay with that.

princecoo has a new favorite as of 07:38 on Dec 23, 2015

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Eh, good enough for Army work.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
I really appreciate how XCOM 2 is so open to modding. It's like the developers went "here is the game we wanted to make, have fun. But also, we know there are things that people will probably want to change, so gently caress it, here you go, make something great with our game."

Same goes to the Elder Scrolls/Fallout games, any time a developer makes their games mod friendly it makes me happy.

Compared to devs like Rockstar who create these rich amazing worlds ripe with opportunity but then actively try to gently caress modders over because gently caress you, you play how we want you to play.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
On my current play through, I left my first power armour in the Power Armour repair station at Sanctuary. I'm playing with a few damage/difficulty mods, making me die in one or two hits, and making enemies do the same, so I felt that stomping around in Power Armour might be cheating a bit. My plan for this time around is to go full Brotherhood, and convert every settlement into a Brotherhood base, using yet more mods to let me make brotherhood outfits and stuff for the settlers and poo poo. Even got some .bat files that will allow mer to rename the settlers from "Settler" to things like "Brotherhood Knight" and "Scribe etc etc and so forth.

Anyway, I'm not that far into the game yet, just went and got Piper and then went and found the BOS police station so I can start that chain. I left the armour behind in Sanctuary. I returned to Sanctuary (loaded with some nice weapons for my settlers and junk for crafting) to find a random Settler stomping around in my armour. Had themselves a modded M14 rifle too, and were happily patrolling the entire settlement, despite not being ordered to or having a job. I figured that was okay, why not let them have their fun, and I wasn't using it anyway. Go patrol your little heart out good buddy!

A few days later I returned and found the fucker had somehow climbed onto the roof of the building and abandoned it there. Trashcan Carlas brahmin had gotten up there too.

Why leave it up there man? Don't be such a dick.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

haveblue posted:

This happened to me too, and it was right after Danse had promised me a shiny new power armor for joining the Brotherhood. Almost like they sent someone in to steal it so the reward would be more appealing.

So I killed them all and crashed their airship, the fuckers.

Did you check the roof?

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
There are a lot of little things I like in The Division, but I've found the one I am really appreciating is how it handles multiple monitors.

So you can modify your UI however you see fit, add or remove elements and so on, and if you have multiple monitors you can make one screen your "game area" and the other screen have all your HUD info/UI. It adjusts easily to 3 monitors too.

I have not bothered with any of that. I've found the default HUD to be pretty great, and although I have 2 monitors, I'm happy playing on just the one.

What I'm loving, however, is that if I bring up the menu/inventory/map screen, my mouse can seamlessly interact with both the game and go across to the other screen and interact with the desktop/other programs without The Division minimizing or going into window mode.

So I can easily browse forums/read poo poo/watch youtubes etc during load screens or while chilling at a safehouse waiting for group members or whatever, while still being "in-game" and able to see what is going on, invaluable in a multiplayer game.

I love this so much I wish that every game allowed it. Every other game I've played you have to alt/tab and minimize in order to interact with anything other than the game, then wait for the game to maximize again before being able to play. The Divisions way is loving seamless and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

CJacobs posted:

A lot of games these days do have that, it's called Borderless Windowed mode. Some games, like most MMO's and The Division and games that run on certain engines (id Tech 5, the RAGE engine for example), use it by default. There are a number of external programs that let you do it to games that don't have it as an option, as well.

Motherfucker!

You have changed my life.