Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I, for one, would like to know about the almost as sexy moves in Arkham history. The runners-up.

codenameFANGIO has a new favorite as of 04:02 on Jul 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I tried to scan a Pushmo World code into Pushmo 3DS because I heard hey were backwards compatible and even though it seems they aren't the old dude at the QR code station ingame said to me, 'I don't recognize this code, is it from he future?' :3:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

Hot drat! :allears: That guy was really awesome as Ghost Rider, so I can understand why they'd bring him back.

That guy is Richard fuckin' Grieco.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Getting into Resetti's Surveillance when he accidentally leaves the manhole open late at night and finding out he lives like a sloppy, creepy scumbag, staring at your villagers at all times ... waiting, just WAITING to bitch you out. Any day now ...

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

timp posted:

Who the gently caress is seanbaby

:stare: Well now I feel old.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

umalt posted:

Oh man, Gord was great. What's that guy doing these days?

It's really better for you if you don't find out.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Geokinesis posted:

Rimworld just had another update that added tailoring and surgery!

What this means is if you capture a prisoner, you can harvest their organs and sell them, butcher the body for leather to create human leather clothing (and sell it) and make food from the meat (or sell it).

:yikes:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Bob Morlock posted:

Something I only just now discovered in Animal Crossing: New Leaf: if you trip and fall (due to bad luck) while holding a balloon, the balloon will slip from your hand and float away. Your character even looks up after it as it glides off-screen.

Hahaha holy poo poo, I don't even want to tell you the amount of hours I've put into that game and I've never seen that. That rules.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

I picked up Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon at release and only play in small spurts because the game is fun as hell and dripping with character.
Luigi reacts to every little detail in a soft and shaky voice that seems to get a little more confident as time goes on but is always a huge baby when a ghost scares him.
Solving a puzzle or beating a boss is always a matter of relief for him, not a matter of victory.

I love when Luigi's just kinda looking around at stuff humming along to the theme music. Or when the Dual Scream rings and he pats himself looking for it until you press the button to pick it up.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

To be enticed by Batman's sexy rear end all you need to do is put on the Batman Beyond outfit. Best little thing in the game, I'd say. :smug: :swoon:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

PYF little things in games: male genitals are loving arousing

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Why do you think Arkham Knight is next gen only?!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

swamp waste posted:

BR'ER RABBIT
But hows we gone stop all dem purple chainsaw monkeys from votin' for de ebil Dr. Totensturm?

SEXY RED RIDING HOOD
Listen up, motherfucker. Ever heard of a country called Bosnia?

Sounds like you basically get Fables, yes. I can't believe it's still going, honestly.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Rage McDougal posted:

I don't know if there's ever been anything explicit, but his description of the writing process for The 36 Lessons of Vivec was: "It was one dev, naked in a room with a carton of cigarettes, a thermos full of coffee and bourbon, and all his summoned angels."

This just sounds like the standard writing process, though.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Edit: That's awesome, if true. ^^^^^

I'm sure it's also been mentioned here but the little effects the costumes have on Leon and Ashley are great, too. The reaction Leon has when he catches her in her suit of armour, the lack of protest when you try and look up her (nonexistent) skirt when she's wearing the armour or the silver suit (I'm just a bit surprised they took it out, I mean), and Leon's scoff when he's wearing the fancy clothes and you try to reload the Chicago Typewriter are all great.

Am I missing any?

Just the hat toss Leon does it you try to reload the Chicago Typewriter four times while dressed in the gangster outfit, which is extremely awesome. :cool:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

timp posted:

To me, that's what made it officially no longer a survival horror game. Ammo is way easier to come by so it promotes shooting a ton, whereas in earlier games you had to conserve ammo, to the point where you'd sooner use a melee weapon if you could get away with it.

I don't think anyone has ever considered Resident Evil 4 survival horror.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

graybook posted:

drat, y'all've made RE4 sound very enticing for me. I'll have to pick it up during the Steam Sale.

It is really one of the greatest games ever made and anyone who hasn't played it definitely should.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Also sometimes conversations between villagers will go poorly and they will stomp away all pissed off and refuse to talk to you.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

You are all bad Mayors.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

Little Inferno Fireplace is pretty much my faovirte game!
Even thoughhh it doesn't make any sense
Buy stuff...
BURN IT...
and it gives you MORE MONEY than when you started
HaHAHA I LOVE FREEE STUFF!
THAT can't last foreverr

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

That is a letter you receive in Little Inferno. Good job, moderator. :waycool:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

blunt for century posted:

Well poo poo, I haven't played every game ever just to memorize things :manning:

Insanely hosed up.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

I've kept the game running for 100+ hours so that might have something to do with that :v:

:stare: The game is like two hours long.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Saints Row 2 let me walk around with a pimp cane shotgun while completely nude and for that I will be eternally grateful.

The muthafuckin' pimp walk animation when you equip the shotgun :vince:

SR 2 had hands down the best customization in the whole series, I don't get how that works. But it let me run around rail-thin with a terrifying manic lunatic facial expression while dressed like a 50's race car driver in a purple and white jumpsuit emblazoned with a giant purple pot leaf across its back. That's not really a little thing, I guess. But goddamn, I still load it up just for wandering, dress up, and random pimp murdering sprees.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

These guys rule.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I'm currently playing through Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and I didn't start breaking signs on purpose until I met the guy who made them in Subrosia, who gives you a count of how many you've destroyed :smaug:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

Goddamnit people all I wanted was a pedantic derail about how lenin Actually Wasnt That Bad and you guys took it at face loving level because you know nothing about anything other than video games.

I dont give a fck about rear end creed i want to talk about dark souls 1, the best game in the souls series.

:raise:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I like this stupid, campy story you can watch for no reason during Alan Wake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-wAaBoW408

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

haveblue posted:

The best video in Alan Wake is this Verizon commercial because a) it appears in the middle of an escape sequence) b) there is an achievement for stopping to watch it and c) this made some people really mad.

I thought it was pretty funny. It was probably the least appropriate point to put the ad, and all the other things I stopped to watch were Night Springs or something and it was like PLOK! WAY TO WATCH THAT AD, 5G, there is no possible way to get mad at it.

There was also a car ad, I am pretty sure. :lol:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

I would unironically watch any of the series' that come out of Max Payne.

Lords and muthafuckin' Ladies.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

In 3D Out Run, the various combinations of the four cheats all have visual effects on the car you drive, and most have their own unique paint j-

Nuclear War posted:

In 'this war of mine' I just had my guy hide while a girl was taken away to be raped, just so I could steal some planks and half-spoiled meat from a supermarket the bad guy was guarding. Not sure how I feel about that

:yikes:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Croccers posted:

And then they ignored everything about how good the shooting feels when making GTA 5. :allears:
Seriously, what the gently caress, at the very least why the poo poo isn't Michael's power shoot-dodging?

Michael's power is straight-up Max Payne slow-mo though :confused:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

RillAkBea posted:

Playing GTA V through for the first time and aside from being amazing overall I absolutely loved it when Michael accused Trevor of being a hipster. They did a great job with that conversation and the way it leads up to that point that I couldn't help but laugh like an idiot when it finally came out.

The best part is I was dressing and grooming him that way before that scene came up so it was completely accurate.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

Do you play along, and pretend like you don't see them?

This is Metal Gear Rising, son. You slice them up to claim a prize. :getin:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I really like the long red steak your tire will make if you crush a dude's head with it in the PS2 GTA's.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

That's it?

That's enough, isn't it?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I just got an Achievement in Whoa, Dave! for typing POO as my initials :nexus:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

They added a percussion section for castles in Mario Maker, since you can have Yoshi in them. Also, ghost houses and air ships. It is awesome.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

:whitewater:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Agent Hunt was the goddamn coolest thing about RE6 at launch and it's a shame no one will ever again know the special joy of completing a mission objective while successfully fighting off three other people trying to stop you. I remember one time I was about to finish a mission and I dropped a dude and he started cocooning into another monster so instead of just running to the door I switched to a magnum and dropped onto my back and blew the dude away with two shots as soon as he got out. Most of that game was insane rear end but the combat mechanics and Mercenaries and Agent Hunt got me my money's worth out of it and then some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Agent Hunt is other people joining your game as enemies and it was cool when enough people were playing to make that a thing that would actually happen often.

Also Alteisen is right and RE 6 is all about shooting a dude in the right place to stagger them and then wailing on them with melee. You really want to take he time to learn every enemy's weak point. RE6 really could have been one of the greatest games of all time, that combat system is impeccable. Too bad about all the poo poo that isn't combat.