Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Peanut President posted:

Isn't Daytona "Commercial Free", or did they abandon that?

I think they abandoned that concept a year or two ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

CBJSprague24 posted:

Jeff Gordon will be sponsored by Panasonic at Sonoma and/or New Hampshire. Scroll way down for the paint scheme:

http://www.jayski.com/news/schemes/2014/story/_/page/2014-NASCAR-Sprint-Cup-24-Team-Schemes

Mobile computers are allowed as a sponsor (computers that are compatible with AT&T and Verizon service, mind you), yet a wi-fi tablet marketed towards children isn't allowed to sponsor the 40 car. Typical NASCAR.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

CBJSprague24 posted:

Said it before, will say it again: I hope Kyle Larson doesn't go all Casey Atwood and sticks around a while...

http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASCAR-Sprint-Cup/News/Articles/2014/06/Larson-Expecting-First-Child.aspx

Kyle Larson reproducing with Brad Sweet's sister. DNA Russian Roulette to the extreme.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

CBJSprague24 posted:

They...uh...planning on tying the knot someday or is this going to become Matt Kenseth v2.0?

Has Tony Stewart been seen at Babies R Us?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

kidcoelacanth posted:

Harvick's on the pole again! Excited to see another strong run foiled by dumb luck or a team mistake.

I'm sure Harvick's exemplary method of handling misfortune no matter who is at fault will do wonders for team morale.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

The Lazer posted:

Would anyone be terribly surprised if Nationwide stops the series sponsor and then immediately jumps to Dale Jr. He is practically in every commercial now.

That's literally what's happening. Nationwide will be on the 88 Cup car for 12 races next season.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

CBJSprague24 posted:

Carlos Contreras is in the 44 for Road America sponsored by 38 Special.

Is that .38 Special the band?

38 Special filtered cigars. Kind of confused as to how that is an allowed sponsor yet cigarettes and dip aren't allowed.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

FuzzySkinner posted:

The poo poo he said about Willy T. Ribbs proves how much of a douche bag he is.

What did he say?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

LASTCAR posted:

One of the all-time best schemes, and it came together quite by accident. Davey didn't even have a sponsor when he qualified outside-pole at Daytona in 1987, so the car looked just like this without the Havoline graphics. But once they added those logos, it went together perfectly.

I thought the story was that Havoline was in talks to sponsor the 28, but it wasn't quite a done deal yet, so they waited to put the logos on.

Either way the scheme is perfect.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Anime is real.

My vote for the Chase thread title.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
"You know what? If I ran as bad as you in as good of equipment as you have, I'd be pissed too."

Those would be some cutting words if they didn't come from Mike Wallace.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I imagine teams don't find it worthwhile to make/distribute their own merch outside of the trusts otherwise they'd do that.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

mearn posted:

Have they tried improving sales by making merchandise that doesn't suck?

All the cool kids are wearing t-shirts with a giant gawdy drawing of a race car with a pun related to the driver and/or sponsor.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Soooooo there's now a p. good possibility I'm going to be co-broadcasting the ARCA race at Winchester this Sunday. You guys should maybe tune in and double CBS' viewer count :kiddo:

Are you not racing it?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Skeptical.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
This ends with NASCAR giving the teams more TV money, but cutting the purses.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Brad Daugherty mentioned that the priamry goals of the RTA are for the teams to get more of the TV money and for costs to come down.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I saw that the 90 ARCA team is apparently looking for a driver... did Enfinger quit/get canned?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

You haven't seem the last of him. Stay tuned.

I like the sound of that.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

devmd01 posted:

does GMS only have one hauler/pit crew right now? That would make sense as to why you're not on the entry list for Lucas Oil Raceway, heading to Eldora instead.

Or putting 2 and 2 together is something else being worked on for someone else in the 23?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Supposedly the schedule changes for next year:
Darlington takes Phoenix's spring date.
Phoenix takes Bristol's spring date.
Bristol takes Darlington's date.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Grant Enfinger's website has the ARCA and Truck Series logos next to the GMS Racing logo at the bottom. Could this mean a Truck race or two for him this year?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

CBJSprague24 posted:

What happened to JWT's Truck team that he's been in the 05 the last three races?

He left Richie Wauters' team to move to his dad's Athenian Motorsports team (which is the team he's been running Nationwide with), and I'm assuming it wasn't a clean break-up since Wauters hasn't been seen since and Athenian didn't end up with the 5's owner points.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

CBJSprague24 posted:

e2- Kahne and his spotter were pissed because Gordon was trying to make him keep up with the pace car to help prevent him from saving fuel. :lol:

What Jeff did was fair, but it'll also be fair if Kasey does something that costs Jeff a shot at the championship.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Peanut President posted:

Yes I'm sure KK is stupid enough to get himself fired loving Gordon out of a title.

I'm sure there's plausible deniability in hanging him out to dry at Talladega or something. I see nothing at all wrong with what Gordon did, mainly because I find it silly to think that a driver should do anything that hurts his chances of winning.

Hamlin fined $125,000, crew chief AND car chief suspended for six races, AND docked 75 driver and owner points

Goddamn :stare:

NASCAR looks like a genius because they levy a huge 75 point fine to show that "they're not messing around" knowing that once the chase rolls around it literally means nothing.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Mark Martin was hired as a "driver coach" for Roush Fenway Racing.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Cygni posted:

Sam Hornish to replace Trevor Bayne

that was a joke, chill

My baseless speculation has Hornish replacing Ambrose at RPM.

I think Penske is already Ford's number 1 team. With Edwards gone both of Team Penske's drivers are better than Roush's top guy.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
JWT was transported to a local hospital after a crash in ARCA qualifying. Venturini Motorsports says that if he's unable to race they will just S&P with another driver. I assume the same applies to the truck deal.

Also ARCA will have spec motors next year that are optional.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Dale Jr winning is cool.

My only thought of the weekend is that Germain Quiroga and Tyler Reddick both do dumb stuff all the time and I hope their rivalry lasts forever.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

devmd01 posted:

Milka Duno. In Nationwide. :stonk:

She'd fit right in in K&N East. Although when she wrecks somebody it's on accident.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

kidcoelacanth posted:

How the gently caress is Newman 5th in points

I actually had this conversation earlier today. Before looking at the points if someone had asked me where Newman was in points I would have guessed around 12th or 13th. I think with the points standings being virtually worthless teams are willing to throw everything at a win and risk a bad finish (especially if they're already locked into the chase) which allows someone like Newman to Crafton his way into the chase.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
"Winning a race carries only a fraction of the excitement of winning NASCAR's Chase for the Sprint Cup Championship"

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I never thought I'd see the day when cynical race fans wanted good things to happen to Jr.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Peanut President posted:

Well if we're saying that we like drivers who's mental stability matches our own surely we should all root for Stewart who is a fat idiot.

Kyle Busch is slowly trying to wrestle that moniker away from Stewart.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Drive to End Hunger re-signed with Hendrick Motorsports on for 9 fewer races a season beginning in 2015

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

gret posted:

It's not that there's no interest in sponsoring two of the biggest household names in NASCAR, it's that there's no one interested in paying the astronomical sums HMS is asking, right?

Yeah, National Guard is paying about $32 million for 20 races of primary sponsorship. That brings a full season of sponsorship of Dale Jr to almost $60 million which is ridiculous. The sponsorship bubble is ridiculous and needs to be popped.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Posting an ecard should be an automatic thread-gassing.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

tater_salad posted:

Sra you guys need an online shop on your site. Want to buy a hat or something to represent gms/ the 23 truck.

I second this.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I'm watching Roush Fenway Racing's demise with schadenfreude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

leica posted:

Is this hyperbole? I haven't really been following any nascar news lately but if Roush is having problems that's glorious.

I know I heard that horseface is leaving for Gibbs, is that correct?

Edwards is leaving Roush for Gibbs and taking Subway with him. Roush's lineup in Cup next year is Trevor Bayne, Greg Biffle, and Ricky Stenhouse, and only Bayne is fully funded.

• Locked thread