Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

keevo posted:

Uhh isn't this the same company that takes sponsors away from teams and have them sponsor NASCAR instead?

There you have it, Spitz:

CBJSprague24 posted:

NASCAR. Stupidity. Arrogance. Think about those three words for a second and you'll have your answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I imagine teams don't find it worthwhile to make/distribute their own merch outside of the trusts otherwise they'd do that.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Have they tried improving sales by making merchandise that doesn't suck?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

mearn posted:

Come on Mearn, you know how NASCAR operates.

Just one big giant echo chamber for them.

I'm shocked they've not come up with WORSE ideas at this point.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

When your survey groups are the horrid horrid 'hardcore' NASCAR fans, you end up with a lot of bad choices.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

mearn posted:

All the cool kids are wearing t-shirts with a giant gawdy drawing of a race car with a pun related to the driver and/or sponsor.

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:

mearn posted:

I'm willing to bet that most product development right now is focused on figuring out how to make NAS-coin a reality.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Bhester posted:

All the cool kids are wearing t-shirts with a giant gawdy drawing of a race car with a pun related to the driver and/or sponsor.

Ahem, I wear a crowd funded dogecoin nascar shirt.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
so Brad Sweet tore his Outlaw in half over the weekend and then won the feature the next night

sprints > NASCAR, welp cya

Outlaw Mailman
Jul 1, 2007
Two kinds of crazy

VikingSkull posted:

so Brad Sweet tore his Outlaw in half over the weekend and then won the feature the next night

sprints > NASCAR, welp cya

Post is worthless without pics:

Bhester posted:

I imagine teams don't find it worthwhile to make/distribute their own merch outside of the trusts otherwise they'd do that.

This may be true, but it seems odd considering several of the traveling WoO teams haul dedicated merchandise rigs around the country. Granted, I'm ignorant of how the NASCAR model works outside of what was just posted, but you can't tell me that say Hendrick Motorsports merch sales can't justify Hendrick having a small staff handling merchandise, but Sammy Swindell can.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Danica has her own merch trailer doesn't she?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
holy poo poo I hadn't seen the pic

lmao

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

gret posted:

Danica has her own merch trailer doesn't she?

Down at Dega, each Hendrick (and friends) driver had their own trailer except Kurt, Kevin, and Kahne.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Joe Nemechek will be running RAB Racing's 29 this weekend.

Bobby Labonte returns in the 33.

The tropical storm, if it forms, should be gone by Thursday.

Slickdrac posted:

Down at Dega, each Hendrick (and friends) driver had their own trailer except Kurt, Kevin, and Kahne.

Here's the layout for last year's 400: https://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/Tickets-Events/Events/2012/Coke-Zero-400/Midway-Map.aspx

Some teams combine multiple drivers into one hauler. I think MWR's drivers were combined into one last year (though there's a standalone 55 Aaron's hauler sitting at the Midway already).

e- I guess that's 2012, but you get the idea.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 1, 2014

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

VikingSkull posted:

holy poo poo I hadn't seen the pic

lmao
:drat:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Oh no Kyle Busch's truck lost owners points what ever will he do!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Penalties assessed to KBM's 51 truck team:

http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASC...Infraction.aspx

That sure will learn 'em. Good job, NASCAR.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
Soooooo there's now a p. good possibility I'm going to be co-broadcasting the ARCA race at Winchester this Sunday. You guys should maybe tune in and double CBS' viewer count :kiddo:

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Soooooo there's now a p. good possibility I'm going to be co-broadcasting the ARCA race at Winchester this Sunday. You guys should maybe tune in and double CBS' viewer count :kiddo:

Are you not racing it?

AirborneSpore
Mar 2, 2014

That one bounced.

anotherblownsave posted:

Ahem, I wear a crowd funded dogecoin nascar shirt.

Same here. I've gotten some interesting looks from people as I zoom on by.

AceFace905
Feb 27, 2007

AirborneSpore posted:

Same here. I've gotten some interesting looks from people as I zoom on by.
I was wearing one at GRC's round at RFK a couple weeks back and was quietly acknowledged by another fellow in the same shirt :hfive: interestingly, it was the only NASCAR apparel I saw the whole weekend.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Awesome! Are you going to be the "in-race reporter?" Because I'm sure we'd all love to send you some mailbag questions. :)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

In line to meet Dinger. :)

The line is not very long. :(

e- Danica will be at this same Winn-Dixie tomorrow. I'm glad I give no fucks about her because that's going to be a mob scene.

Say hi to DICK! for us.

That's right, Dick Berggren is coming out of TV retirement to work pit road for CBSSN.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jul 3, 2014

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

badass.

I see you've taken to eating in the bathtub per twitter, are you like the Kramer of ARCA now?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Do I get this magical channel? The website says I might need a premium DirectV package to see it.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Elephanthead posted:

Do I get this magical channel? The website says I might need a premium DirectV package to see it.

I think it's like channel 221 on Directv.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Smoke just shot past 20 parked cars on pit road at speed to get onto the track.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Stay safe, CBJ - broadcast showed lightning just outside the track.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

LASTCAR posted:

Stay safe, CBJ - broadcast showed lightning just outside the track.

Thanks. I had considered going over for Happy Hour (it's cooler then anyway) and decided against it watching that storm approach on TV. The beauty of being within walking distance.

The storm was all bark, no bite, though. Light rain right now.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
So, I started playing iRacing again, just did a half length Class B Nationwide race from Daytona. Figured I might as well post my ride, gently caress Davey Allison.

AirborneSpore
Mar 2, 2014

That one bounced.

VikingSkull posted:

So, I started playing iRacing again, just did a half length Class B Nationwide race from Daytona. Figured I might as well post my ride, gently caress Davey Allison.

Nice ride you got there, I totally forgot about iRacing.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

AirborneSpore posted:

Nice ride you got there, I totally forgot about iRacing.

I'm rocking the DW race team circa 1995, I have that one for Nationwide B racing, and my Truck is the matching Rich Bickle #17.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ray Liotta was signing autographs today:

It's Steve Park.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Steve Park :smith:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Steve Park owns and still seems happy, though. He had a decent turnout and was having fun talking to people. :unsmith:

He does, however, look and sound like Ray Liotta. I heard him talking to a fan about the 2001 Daytona 500, basically saying Mikey's account in his book of "Dale, Dale Jr, and me were the three that were gonna run together, Dale didn't think Steve was good enough" was bullshit, and that all three DEI drivers were included in the plan to try to get DEI that 500 win. They (the 1) were in the Top 10 for a good part of the race, then had a bad pit stop, and wound up in The Big One.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Nationwide qualifying starting momentarily on FS1.

Group qualifying on a plate track, in case you wonder why I'm pointing this out.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Haha holy poo poo this owns.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
:laffo:

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
Remember my name... you'll be screaming it later.
Nationwide qualifying best qualifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry J
Nov 8, 2004

LS-WHAT???!!!!????!!!!
Well that was unexpected.

• Locked thread