Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Broseph Brostar posted:

Why is fox news advertising at E3?

E3 sucked

Thanks Obama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

EA Lied

Franchises Died

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

AwkwardKnob posted:

I was the world's biggest Mass Effect fan, right up until the last half of the third game. Trust me, it's not an easy thing to forget for some of us. I will never forgive them for conditioning me to feel anxiety and trepidation when I hear the Mass Effect theme song, instead of an abundance of excitement.

That said, I'll check out the new game they're working on as they release more info, and try to be open minded about it, but I'm probably not alone in feeling like they have an uphill battle to fight to win back people to that franchise.

They don't have an uphill battle whatsoever. Look at how much BF4 sold after BF3 and how much stuff like COD sells.

The fan backlash of ME3 if anything just made gamers look retarded since the vast majority of the people who actually buy games never go onto forums at all.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Its honestly really impressive how easily EA was able to kill Dragon age and mass effect

Nah people are going to buy them in droves and there is going to be a lot of :spergin: rage on the official forums from the same subset people here who claim they will never buy any game in X franchise ever again.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

leidend posted:

BF3 was a good game after the bugs were sorted out, same with BF4. Nothing could make Mass Effect 3 a good game, and I considered 2 my favorite game of all time for a while.

BF4's 10 tickrate is still :laffo: and there's not much that can be done about it; ME3 was actually a pretty good game and the :spergin: rage about the ending made the crappiness of said ending totally worthwhile for me.

Would buy again just to see the same reactions on the forums, that was like free DLC and was more entertaining than the game itself.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I can't wait to see which company pulls a Budd Dwyer in E3 this year. There are so many good candidates. EA really missed a good opportunity.

:allears:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Alexzandvar posted:

ME3 was poo poo because it cut down on virtually everything but the combat, but I guess if you only like to shoot poo poo and have embarrassing dialogue in your apartment ME3 is pretty okay

Sales numbers definitely say otherwise, and the :spergin: rage makes it an even more enjoyable experience so please never change.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Alexzandvar posted:

how is it :sperg: rage? and if you think sales numbers means quality than COD is the best game ever.

I never said that sales numbers mean quality; nice straw man. They do mean success, which in the adult world means money for shareholders which is a thing that needs to happen in order for companies to keep existing.

Looking through the ME3 thread here and then over to the Bioware forums shows a huge amount of tard rage and I really do hope that EA keeps up the same strategy because let's be honest, forums are almost always more fun than games especially in series which generates so much bizarre fan creepiness as Mass Effect.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

1.3 million (Mass Effect 3) vs 2 million (Mass Effect 2), a 35% drop.

edit: I don't know if you guys noticed but this dude is just going to repeat "I like it because it made these losers mad" on a loop until you stop responding.

Where are you getting your sales numbers from? ME3 and 2 have definitely sold way more than both of that across all platforms.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Captain Gordon posted:

Says the poster with an anime avatar. Pot calling kettle black...

Tell me more about how YOSPOS is really cool

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Alexzandvar posted:

there are actually people in the year of our lord 2014 who defend bioware jesus christ

Nah its just really funny to watch people here get offended when their little franchise gets messed with; it's honestly one of the huge draws of the series post ME2. That and the absolutely insane stuff people post about Tali. Bioware sucks just as much as EA, but the point here is that despite all the rage the games will continue to sell well and as long as the shareholders are getting serviced the big publishers really do not care about boycotts or whatever.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Symphoric posted:

Check out the Dragon Age: Inquisition thread. There are people in there that know more about fake Bioware fantasy worlds than they ever will about the real world.

And don't you DARE accuse them of needing to go outside or you might get a probe for making GBS threads up their thread :qq:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Alexzandvar posted:

I agree it's funny to watch people get a angsty over video games but it's really stupid to assume that EA will keep it rolling when they tanked Medal of Honor and many other franchises, trust me EA will find a way to destroy all their financial success

They're going to laugh it to the bank and if it ever goes to poo poo that's what golden parachutes are for. At no point do the autistics who think their boycotts actually do anything benefit whatsoever; but yeah they'll keep tanking stuff, buying out studios, then tanking it again until the whole thing repeats with someone else like Ubi worst case scenario.

This guy gets it.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Sabel posted:

________/

Wait what is this

:laffo:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Thread starts to get funny on a comedy website

"BETTER CLOSE THE THREAD GUYS"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Sweeney Tom posted:

Every time I've seen it, usually it's at the thread's peak and winds up being an accurate call because everything's downhill from there

The downhill spiral is the funniest part

I mean just look at the Jihad thread that got gassed

• Locked thread