Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.

Pick posted:

I also thought the introductory scene with Astrid was leading up to her becoming chieftan instead, because they're going on about how she's more suited to that lifestyle and those responsibilities, where it would mean Hiccup giving up what he really loves.

This was my immediate thought as well, and I don't feel as crazy now. Between that and turning Mom into a damsel in distress as soon as Dad showed up, and having her saved multiple times, it was kinda a few pegs back in that department.

I have a lot of complaints about the film, but also really enjoyed it, too. Compared to the first it wasn't very good, but as it's own thing it was alright. The biggest disappointment was that Drago never said "I must break you", despite all my expectation he would.

Favorite bits were probably Erik(son of Erik) being objectified and harassed by the girl twin and the mother's scenes before she was revealed as the mother(I really dug the fact she looked like one of Skyrim's Dragon Priests). The latter was interesting to me because it was the first point in 30 minutes of talking to make the world sound bigger that something new and actually different was happening in the film, like the world was bigger than Berk and Vikings. Genuinely surprised that they went with Drago being Drago(and being a swarthy dark haired viking with a eastern european/russian accent), since he wasn't even IN the first ~60 minutes of the movie, and that the mother wasn't the one forming a "dragon army" and had some grudge against humanity. I wanted to see that movie, not the cliche route it went. Least favorite bit: Butler's singing; and that the film obviously took quite a few queues from Brave and continued the celtic viking thing.

Of note: Stoic had a line that was basically "It takes more than a little fire to kill me", so I wouldn't be shocked if they come back to that...

Stormageddon fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jun 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.

johntfs posted:

As for your speculation, I would be really, really disappointed if they went there in the next movie.

I wouldn't like it either, but then you wouldn't expect them to make a character in a movie about Dragons that the name was one letter off. I hope it was more a reference to what did happen than what will happen later.

• Locked thread