Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I saw this movie yesterday with my dad. Enjoyed it -- didn't think it was as good as the first, but that it stood up okay, anyway. The dragon designs were phenomenal, and seeing so much of the gorgeous concept art in the credits sequence made me want to go out and get the art book right away. I DID get the soundtrack as soon as I left the theater.

Agreeing with the others who think the theme got somewhat confused and that the ending didn't have exactly what I wanted to get from the movie. The whole thing felt a little like it wasn't sure what message it was trying to sell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Someone earlier in the thread asked why Toothless could be broken from the Alpha Dragon's will the second time, but not the first.

I actually thought this made sense -- in the first instance, Hiccup was in the midst of a panic, not sure of what to do in the face of his best friend's betrayal and his failure to convince Drago to stop the war. In the second instance, he approached Toothless from a place of confidence, believing wholeheartedly that his friendship will surmount the Alpha Dragon's influence.

Goes along with one of the touched-on themes of the movie, anyway. v:shobon:v

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Das Boo posted:

I finally got a chance to see it! I've sifted through the spoilers and didn't see anyone mention how incredible the score was. I'm head over heels in love with it. :swoon:

A lot of us mentioned that!

Yes, it's beautiful music. :allears: I love it so much.

• Locked thread