Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm really glad this was a good rear end sequel, it would be super easy to coast on how much of a big thing this franchise is now (I haven't seen any of the TV show so I don't know if they've been 'maintaining the brand' any well or what) but aside from the issues others have said that I pretty much agree with this was a quality experience. Me and my dumbass nerd friends all had a good time.

I do agree the whole DRAGON TORTURING BAD GUY thing felt kinda weakly done and thus Hiccup looked kinda weird, but the general overall thrust of the story was solid enough that he didn't look like some crazy dude or whatever. It's a kid's movie at the end of the day, you can't show him really going to town torturing a dragon. There's enough in there that you know 'ok this dude's a piece of poo poo and he treats dragons like crap. That's enough push to make Hiccup hate him at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

api call girl posted:

Wait, BUD BUNDY?

Bud Bundy is a goddamn inspiration, he went from being one of the biggest butts of the jokes as a kid/young adult to voicing cool dudes and doing movies and poo poo. God bless Bud Bundy.

• Locked thread