Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's ultimately going to end up as Goldust's partner?
This poll is closed.
:gerty: Adam Rose :gerty: 30 8.96%
:420: Evan Bourne :420: 29 8.66%
:corsair: Rob Van Dam :corsair: 18 5.37%
:wcc: Vacant :wcc: 40 11.94%
218 65.07%
Total: 335 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

cucka posted:

Actually, this was clarified. He poured milk on her because of a Johnny Curtis promo from NXT where he poured milk on himself and said "There is no use crying over spilled milk."

This may sound ridiculous, but...

*ahem*

AND I QUOTE

So there. Summer Rae poured milk on Layla because of a random nonsensical promo from years ago.

E: he might have deleted it as I can't find it, but it was there

Should have went all the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

It was a Shield match. Dean was Dean, Cena was the face in peril, Reigns did the rear end kicking. It was fine.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

Didn't Sheamus used to do the Razor's Edge as a finisher?

I think the Razor's Edge went on Vince's shitlist since it's too easy to drop a guy on his head doing it.

e: I'm pretty sure half the roster has a submission finisher of some kind nobody taps to.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jun 10, 2014

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

A ladder match to unify the real and fake titles!!!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

It felt like an old fashioned "you betrayed us, I am going to gently caress you up" promo straight out of 1989. I don't think it would work with anyone else on the roster.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Xmas Future posted:

I'm surprised Cole mentioned Maddox in this week's interview, I figured that'd been lost in the shuffle.

He's on the JBL and Cole show trying to get a new job!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Under the vegetable posted:

Wrong way round, chief.

You know who else was a 3 time US champ and royal rumble winner?

That's right.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Mechafunkzilla posted:

The WWE needs jobbers so badly. It'd let them actually make guys look dangerous.

Are Damien Sandow and Zack Ryder not good enough for you?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Desumaytah posted:

I have a feeling that they're going somewhere with Sandow, and it's not just a future endeavors thing. If he was being punished or buried he wouldn't be getting weekly segments where he sometimes even gets to talk. Honestly I don't even think what he's doing right now is as bad as Cesaro's "yodeling" phase from last year.

Then again, burying Sandow would continue the grand tradition of wasting Hugh Jackman appearances.

I want another script to leak so we can see if the Sandow segments are still just scripted as "Damien Sandow antagonizes the crowd"

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Writer Cath posted:

Maybe if they had absolutely no plans for Rollins as a singles star, they should not have made him a singles star.

They probably had plans before everyone started dropping dead.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

All the choices for who to give it to are pretty bad. They booked themselves into a corner with the Bryan injury and I'm not really sure if there's a good way out of this.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I don't think you want Bray anywhere near a belt when he's still maybe kinda doing something with Cena because that puts Cena near a belt as well.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Daniel Bryan posted:

It'll help if they're bringing in higher-priced talent like Devitt, Kenta, Steen etc. Stave off some of the extra expense when most of these guys were probably making at least $100k/year.

Also, I'd say anyone on this page is likely safe: http://shop.wwe.com/Current/superstar-current,default,sc.html

I agree with this statem--

yea ok posted:

i can't speak for the state of indie wrestling in general, and this is of course an exception to most indie guys but aj has a pretty insane asking price last i checked and gets booked for shows every weekend, usually more than one, he is absolutely making a ton more than he was in TNA not that that's a great indicator of anything but if you've got good name value the money's out there

AJ said in his interview with Jericho that he had no idea how much money people were willing to pay to book him after he got out of TNA.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Daniel Bryan posted:

Brodus Clay would have one single piece of merch on the site negating what I said.

Guess who else has one piece of merch on the site?

http://shop.wwe.com/Zack-Ryder/superstar-current-zackryder,default,sc.html

I clicked on R-Truth and it said no results found. :ohdear:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

I'd out more money on Rose honestly, he's been in developmental for four plus years, and if Dunn and Vince don't think he's worth anything I'd say he's out the window soon.

It would be totally WWE to push a guy, have him win 3 weeks in a row, lose all his TV time and get released in the spam of a month.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Baby Babbeh posted:

Kind of shocked they fired Teddy. Also why only two members of 3MB? What the hell is Heath Slater going to do by himself?

Clem Layfield.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

The new Funkadactyl, Disqo Inferno.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Astro7x posted:

I never understood how anyone pays $11 for the Observer, but can't justify $10 for the Network.

To me that's like paying money for behind the scenes information and spoilers about your favorite television show, but then not actually wanting to watch the show... blows my mind

So it's like paying :10bux: for SA and not watching Game of Thrones?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Saint Jimmy posted:

We need a nickname for what happened today. Something like "Black Thursday" but more clever.

Black Thursday II: The Wrath of Johnny Ace

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Happy Happyist posted:

Aksana stopped being on the show and look at what happened to her!

Their insurance rates went down 60%?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

omgomgomg posted:

what makes people think that WWE wants to be successful?

Vince enjoys money and things that produ--*XFL logo*

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Admit it you just want to see someone with more heavyweight championships than 26-time WWC champion Carlos Colón.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

So his ceiling is being Ben Roethlisberger?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I thought he was still the Platonic ideal of the annoying heel who goes on and on about how he's better and smarter than the audience.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

The_Rob posted:

Doesn't wwe films usually turn a profit though? They don't have the biggest budget films, and they seem to make their money back.

They distributed, not produced Oculus and I believe WWE Films has never produced a profit but that could be Hollywood accounting.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Is WWE Films a Vince "I can do anything!" thing or a Dunn "I wish I was a cool Hollywood executive" thing?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

NXT does house shows in parts of Florida I have never heard of and I've lived here all my life. I can't imagine they draw much in Wachula, FL, population 4000 with nothing in any direction for 40 miles unless people want to see NXT so bad they drive in from Lakeland.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I'd rather watch 20 minutes of Terry Funk yelling FOREVER on loop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Oh okay. Místico is going to be Myzteziz (which is apparently Místico + Genesis) in AAA only, he's going to be Sin Cara when he works in other Mexican promotions. Good luck with that, I guess.

• Locked thread