Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Ashsaber posted:

Sometimes I wish there was more feedback on when you're being affected by spike effects. I still remember taking Seven up against some named Mechon enemy, setting them to blender mode and then being baffled about where all my health dissapeared to. I think this happened to me multiple times.

Yeah me to. With fast, hard-hitting characters like Seven your health disappears really quickly. I hated that mechanic something fierce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Every single thing I've read about the game for the last 4-5 pages just makes me want to skip this and replay the first Xenoblade instead. I've lost any hype I had.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Finally, some info on the DLC: http://xenobladex.jp/information/index.html#info150428-02

-4 new character DLC; each includes a new voiced character with three new affinity questlines and completing their quests will unlock new Doll/Skell blueprints, unique arts, weapons, etc. Beating any of these DLC questlines also allows you to unlock the Fashion Equipment feature before NG+.500yen each.

-3 "support quest" DLC; these quests give more rewards/xp than standard quests, and each DLC quest includes 6 variations. 300yen each.

There's also a bundle option that lets you get everything for 2000yen.

2000 yen's worth of DLC so close to launch doesn't exactly change my mind about the game. And all of the characters look extremely generic.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Fish Fry Andy posted:

I think it would be great if they changed everyones's faces for the western release.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I can understand people being annoyed at that translation example since they completely changed both the tone and the characters' personalities. I do think the translated version is more entertaining but a localisation should still stick to the tone and intent of the original work. Otherwise the translators suggest the original work wasn't good enough to be kept intact. Of course, that might be true since we're talking video games, but still.

EDIT: What I'm trying to say is you should be able to rewrite the dialogue to make flow better for English speakers while still keeping the characterization and overall tone intact.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Aug 29, 2015

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Having 8-4 rewrite so much of the dialogue you are saying makes it sound as if they are putting a poo poo-load of lipstick on a really hideous pig. If the games are so bad and skeezy they have to be fixed by the localization team, perhaps noone should buy them and support the company at all? Note this is coming from someone who has no never had any interest in the FE games.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 29, 2015

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Motto posted:

Because people who make vague, general statements about what a game was like in ~the original japanese~ aren't particularly trustworthy. Fire Emblem Fates alone has had several stupid controversies based on misinterpretations and hearsay.

This is pretty much all I (need to) know about FE. (linked because I wouldn't want to explain Nowi to my boss) http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=040813

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I watched the Giant Bomb video and what the hell were they thinking with those voices (at 52 minutes in)? Looks pretty cool otherwise but that voice left me speechless.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Nov 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
That filter is something I expect to hear in a lovely Youtube comedy skit, not an AAA game.

• Locked thread