Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win it all next year?
This poll is closed.
Spurs 165 32.93%
Thunder 76 15.17%
Clippers 54 10.78%
Warriors 50 9.98%
Rockets 23 4.59%
Lakers 133 26.55%
Total: 501 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

R.D. Mangles posted:

They have LeBron James.
They will no longer have Mario Chalmers.

And they have this guy called Riley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

chunkles posted:

I'm kind of leaning towards the Heat's window being closed but: LeBron James, who is basically like a free ticket to the ECF.

They just rattled off 4 straight Finals appearances. I think the window is now an archway. And it is open for as long as cyborg LeBron sticks around because the East is easy pickings.

I'm probably wrong, but I think Wade might actually retire. At least I hope he doesn't Allen Iverson himself.

I want Miami to go all in on a combination of Kyle Lowery, Marcin Gortat and that kid Napier in the 1st round.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
LeBron loves Wade and Bosh like family. Probably Ray Allen too. I put the chances of him leaving at maybe 3%.

I'm interested in seeing what Birdman gets on the market. He looked like poo poo in the Finals so I'm guessing that thigh contusion never fully healed.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
I never once heard that LeBron loved Mo Williams. And he brought Big Z to Miami.

I'm not saying LeBron loves Mario loving Chalmers. He could leave. But it isn't like leaving Cleveland. At all.

But he and Wade are actually like brothers.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Shane Battier just gave his final press conference as an NBA player. I know this makes many of you happy, but I'm going to miss that dude.

quote:

I got better looking and wittier as my career went on and I got slower and couldn't jump as high.

Also, Bosh was sounding pretty sure the Big 3 era isn't over. He all but said "I'm staying."

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

soggybagel posted:

The Dream Team

Who is the fat Asian baby here?

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

big boi posted:

I too despise periods

sexist

I bet you hate the WNBA too

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
No. We don't want Chalmers back godamnit. The Heat should bring in Patty Mills for the MLE and an all you can eat pass to Tootsies.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shear Modulus posted:

You don't think any team (for example, the Spurs or the Knicks according to that article linked earlier) isn't going to offer Mills more than a taxpayer's MLE (or more than one year)?

I was kidding hence the all you can eat at a strip club line. I don't want Patty Mills.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
You are the guy who accidentally spits out his mouthpiece or gum and sticks it right back in your mouth, aren't you?

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
LOLCleveland

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eltoasto posted:

Cleveland doesn't need to court Lebron or trade for Love, they just need to get the best player with this #1 pick and hire a solid coach. Then they will start winning in a weak east and have a ton of cap flexibility to bring in guys. But those guys won't want to come there until they can get things straight.

You lost me when you said that Cleveland just needed to not screw up the pick and get the right coach.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Icy Penguigo posted:

At least it's a hard pick to screw up this time, and their coaching search has made me cautiously optimistic so far. Blatt, Tyronn Lue Alvin Gentry, and Mark Price are the leading candidates right now. They haven't interviewed Jackson and it sounds like Del Negro is not in the running.

True. I mean, they have to take Embiid or Wiggins right? Right?!?

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pat Riley is rapidly regressing from an attractive dude into Michael Douglas. His DNA looks like the Spurs shooting percentages.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Glumslinger posted:

In completely unrelated news, this chart shows why old basketball stats are so ridiculous:

Everybody was playing that James Harden defense.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Some Jerk posted:

Yeah, Michael Douglas also regressed from an attractive dude into Michael Douglas, it's called the passage of time.

Yeah, but Riley's becoming attractive Michael Douglas. So unfair.

Girls used to say I looked like John Cusack in Say Anything, not they say I look like Chandler Bing at the end of Friends.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lots of anger swirling around by unhappy in-the-know Wolves fans on Twitter. About getting David Lee.

Sounds like GSW might be getting All the Love.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tas Melas of the Starters just mentioned that Jonas Valanciunas is on the list of big men to work with Hakeem this offseason.

JV with a dream shake is what basketball wet dreams aspire towards.

Icy Penguigo posted:

All I was saying is Irving + Love is probably a better duo to team up with than Wade and Bosh right now

This is not true.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Neither Love nor Irving plays any defense. Neither shoots as efficiently as Bosh nor Wade.

And that isn't even considering the ramifications of chemistry after playing together for 4 years, all ending in the Finals.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sheriff posted:

No offense but you are delusional if you think the Cavs are the best long-term fit for Lebron. Best case scenario is what, they take Embiid and in a few years look like a slightly better version of this year's Rockets (and that's assuming they can get some good roleplayers on cheap contracts)? I'm sure Lebron can't wait to waste the remaining years of his athletic prime waiting on that. Why not just sign with Houston this offseason if that's the team he wants to play with?

I know what you are saying, but LeBron, Harden, Dwight, Handsome Parsons and the flotsam of the Rockets bench would probably win the next 2 or 3 titles.

And, even as a Miami fan, I would love to see that team destroy the West while conquering Texas.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Reports surfacing that Blatt is going to Cleveland and Gentry is going to GSW as an assistant.

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Sources: Cleveland has offered David Blatt its head coaching job, talks underway on a contract. yhoo.it/1qjawyP

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Captain Tolerable posted:

While Love plays no defense, or very little of it, an important fact to know about the Warriors is that David Lee plays negative defense.

But 20 & 10.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chicago has missed out on every big free agent they've targeted since Tracy McGrady spurned them for Orlando and Grant Hill.

I have no doubt they will wind up doing so again this year.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

EvanTH posted:

How do you tell if a leak is a real leak and not somebody making stuff up?

If it was reported by Windhorst, La Canfora or Broussard.

Then it is fantasy.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jota posted:

That letter was some whiny bitch made poo poo

The best part of that whole letter saga was the "I PROMISE WE WILL WIN A TITLE BEFORE THE SELF PROCLAIMED KING JAMES" then going on to win 19 games the next season and finishing dead last.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Macintosh posted:

maybe dan gilbert is ironic??

It's spelled m-o-r-o-n-i-c

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Strawberry Panda posted:

Most owners are great at making money but not great at being relatable human beings. There are different forms of intelligence and your bank account statement does not validate a person's real worth. Like we're probably all broke paying off student loans here but we're also pretty cool and talk about sports in a calm and intelligent manner and probably are good people.

I'm definitely broke.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Melo is going to re-sign in NY. LeBron is going to re-sign or opt-in with Miami. The Bulls will get a crappy, bottom of the bargain bin PG and turn him into a regular season useful player, the Pacers will continue to miss shots, water is wet, sky is blue.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Just out of curiosty, why do you think Mirotic will never come to the NBA?

Because the only people that believe in him are delusional Bulls fans who think he's the next Dirk.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wade won't finish that contract out. He might play two more years and then will probably accept a wink-wink front office gig.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Forums are back? I missed you guys.

Actually, I missed laughing at the Knicks.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Declan MacManus posted:

Follow me on twitter and I will breakdown prospects in real time but I will also post pictures of my new amplifier and updates on my mustache

These are lies. Declan tweets about once every 11 days and it is usually something to do with a rash on his butt cheek.

Still worth the follow.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Apparently Embiid tweeted this and deleted it almost immediately.

I love this nutty draft ramp up poo poo.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Good to see Durant moving away from tattoos that require spelling.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wade just tweeted LeBron and Ray Allen an instagram photo of his Paleo diet food that the three of them are doing together.

Clearly, LeBron is staying in Miami.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
I want Pierce to sign with the Pacers, Knicks or Bulls so he can be eliminated by the Heat again while playing for a team I hate.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bosh is never going back to Toronto. Ric Bucher is a loving moron.

But I do want to do a S & T for Kyle Lowery. We'll give you guys a freshly re-signed Mario Chalmers and uhm...a slightly damaged Super Cool Beas?

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kibner posted:

Not as terrific as the Austin story, but, oh my, Russ Smith seems to live in a constant state seething anger.

e: keep the dream alive, little man. maybe you can be a back-up or trade-bait for a back-up some day!

Russ is going to be a meaner version of JJ Barea. And by that I mean some big guy is going to put him in the hospital pretty quickly after he debuts.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

R.D. Mangles posted:

I won't mind if the Bulls are sponsored by Al's Italian Beef or Mr. Submarine.

Portillo's

EDIT: And how you guys can complain about any officials over the shitshow that is Tony Brothers and the assclown that is Ed Malloy is beyond me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Meet Bruno Caboclo. He's real.

• Locked thread